Bacon, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm alternating between studying with my friend here and muttering on my own.

AHHH, I see. Well, while I feel ever so much more confident now, I really need to read over all this a few more times. Really get to memorizing, ya know.

AHHH, I see. Well, while I feel ever so much more confident now, I really need to read over all this a few more times. Really get to memorizing, ya know.

I'm fine with all my topics bar one - the one which was taught by the crazy bird-obsessed Hungarian dude.

When's your exam?

This is almost completely random, but did you hear about the fellow who was determined to prove to the Aborigines (I think) that they were not natives of Australia, in his quest to prove that all life comes out of Africa?

Hah, what? I had not heard of this.

You should just write your whole thesis on the Superthread to educate and entertain us.

Eh, my thesis is just on 19th century communication and statehood. Not perhaps as lively as racial conflict.

I'm trying to keep an entertaining tone to the writing, if nothing else ... there is little worse than dry historical texts.

Hah, what? I had not heard of this.

Let me see if I can find some information on this. The way the documentary made it look, though, this guy was a real jackass. I mean, he really did not, at least to me, really find any concrete evidence, he just found the first "seriously native"(that's the scientific term I've created) African guy that shared some DNA with an Aborigine and was all like "SEE! SEE! I proved it! HAHAHA IN YOUR FACE, AUSTRALIA!" The Australians proceeded to sue the hell out of him.

bird-obsessed Hungarian Dude?

In the morning at 11. It's 11 PM right now.

:lol: Yes. He has an almost unhealthy obsession with birds, he's hilarious, but I haven't exactly learned anything from him. Luckily his subject isn't a huge part of the test and I should be able to bullshit well enough.

Ahh, plenty of time! Is this Geology?

I've wondered where the Pacific Islanders came from. None of the anthropological models I've seen can account for them.

:lol: Yes. He has an almost unhealthy obsession with birds, he's hilarious, but I haven't exactly learned anything from him. Luckily his subject isn't a huge part of the test and I should be able to bullshit well enough.

Ahh, plenty of time! Is this Geology?

what is the class SUPPOSED to be on?

No, thank God. Business of Media, which I got an A on the last exam while many others did not, and I've already studied more for this exam than I did the last one, so I'm feeling pretty alright. Though, can't let my guard down for a second.

And on Wednesday, I do actually have ANOTHER geology exam. This is what happens when Geology is split up into two classes - Lecture and Lab.

I've wondered where the Pacific Islanders came from. None of the anthropological models I've seen can account for them.

Well, and Axver or someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, they believe that they've just always been there.

Let me see if I can find some information on this. The way the documentary made it look, though, this guy was a real jackass. I mean, he really did not, at least to me, really find any concrete evidence, he just found the first "seriously native"(that's the scientific term I've created) African guy that shared some DNA with an Aborigine and was all like "SEE! SEE! I proved it! HAHAHA IN YOUR FACE, AUSTRALIA!" The Australians proceeded to sue the hell out of him.

This is one of the reasons why I love Australia.

Well, and Axver or someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, they believe that they've just always been there.

Cool! :up:

"All humans originated from the advent of Homo Sapiens in Africa! THey spread north to Europe, then East to Asia, and over the Bering Strait into North and South America."
"What about them?" *points to Pacific Islands*
"Who?"
"Them." *points again*
"Oh, yes. Them. Well, they clearly came from...er..." :scratch:

what is the class SUPPOSED to be on?

No, thank God. Business of Media, which I got an A on the last exam while many others did not, and I've already studied more for this exam than I did the last one, so I'm feeling pretty alright. Though, can't let my guard down for a second.

And on Wednesday, I do actually have ANOTHER geology exam. This is what happens when Geology is split up into two classes - Lecture and Lab.

Behavioural Ecology :rolleyes:

Oh right, well good luck for that!!

:lmao:

Here's some of it:

Out of Africa - Aboriginal origins uncovered - National - smh.com.au

But I can't find anything about the aftermath of the results, and this also, obviously, makes it look far more scientific. The documentary probably was trying to side with the aborigines or something, and so they spun the story in their favor, I don't know. I wish I could find it so I could watch it again now.

:laugh: What the fuck.

I'm not too well-versed on their origins myself. I've seen some interesting models and hypotheses.

What has always baffled me is how the fuck the ancient Polynesians even found New Zealand anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom