Bacon, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised half the email I sent to Serena is not in English, but a strange language all my own that has English words, but is only decipherable if you're well-versed in East Bay Punk.

Well I just watch all of that, and it says nothing about them suing him, so I'm thinking my prof must have told us that in class. Or I'm making it up lol

It seems to me the guy's genetic anthropology and whatnot is sound, rather than the Aboriginals simply being "African" of recent origin or any bollocks like that. But wow, he's a condescending tosspot!

I see where he's coming from, I do, but yes, the condescending attitude is what grates me the most. Anyways, I was always curious about the aftermath of all this, and I wondered if you knew.

I see where he's coming from, I do, but yes, the condescending attitude is what grates me the most. Anyways, I was always curious about the aftermath of all this, and I wondered if you knew.

Oh, well, the whole part about immigration to Australia 40,000 years ago via a land bridge is pretty much an accepted fact.

Oh, well, the whole part about immigration to Australia 40,000 years ago via a land bridge is pretty much an accepted fact.

Yeah? That was mostly what I was wondering, because the spin on this makes it look like Australians refused to believe that. Thanks for sorting that out lol.

Yeah? That was mostly what I was wondering, because the spin on this makes it look like Australians refused to believe that. Thanks for sorting that out lol.

What's on Wikipedia is what you'll find in high school textbooks here and is the common understanding: History of Indigenous Australians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's academic consensus on the migration of the Aboriginal people to Australia many, many millennia ago. As for their origins before that - well, it's there that the guy may have some originality, especially the Indian connection.

...go on...

For my album art for DI, I was thinking of having a Chimp holding a raygun to a hippie's head, but why not have the chimp holding RONALD RAYGUN to the hippie's head? "One Wrong Move And The Hippie Gets It!" My desire to use TJT Bono or Edge as the hippie is strong...

What's on Wikipedia is what you'll find in high school textbooks here and is the common understanding: History of Indigenous Australians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's academic consensus on the migration of the Aboriginal people to Australia many, many millennia ago. As for their origins before that - well, it's there that the guy may have some originality, especially the Indian connection.

Ah, excellent. This clears up two years of confusion, thank you.

If we don't move onto a new thread soon, I may just inflict some of my thesis on you people.

For my album art for DI, I was thinking of having a Chimp holding a raygun to a hippie's head, but why not have the chimp holding RONALD RAYGUN to the hippie's head? "One Wrong Move And The Hippie Gets It!" My desire to use TJT Bono or Edge as the hippie is strong...

:giggle: I would quite like to see this!

I'll do you one better, Axxo:

Conglomerates:

For Radio, there is pretty much only one: Clearchannel, which owns 1,000 stations, and mostly focuses on outdoor ads & Concert promotions.

I could go on.

Conglomerates:

For Radio, there is pretty much only one: Clearchannel, which owns 1,000 stations, and mostly focuses on outdoor ads & Concert promotions.

I could go on.
And I don't listen to one of them.

Conglomerates:

I could go on.
bring it.

The Auckland radio market largely consists of stations owned by two major networks - The Radio Network, and Radioworks. This virtual duopoly means that most mainstream genres are represented by two competing stations.

(that's all of my ratings essay thus far)

And I don't listen to one of them.

Oh well then, how about this?

Cable:

Comcast is the largest cable provider, it also deals in highspeed internet and phone service.
They own a few cable networks such as the Golf Channel and E!, as well as a few sports teams

Time Warner owns half of the CW and Warner Bros. Studios
Cable Networks they own include - CNN, TBS, TNT, HBO, and Max
They also own America Online and are the second largest cable operator after comcast
They are the worlds largest media conglom.
They also produce Time and People.

I think this would be quite excellent.

When you said "conglomerates", all I could think of was Year 10 Geology, where a conglomerate was a bunch of different rocks stuck together :reject:

HUSH, don't talk about geology when I'm finally in the arms of sweet, sweet, television.

When you said "conglomerates", all I could think of was Year 10 Geology, where a conglomerate was a bunch of different rocks stuck together :reject:

I thought of Conglom-O from Rocko's Modern Life.

Cable:

Comcast is the largest cable provider, it also deals in highspeed internet and phone service.
They own a few cable networks such as the Golf Channel and E!, as well as a few sports teams

They also own America Online and are the second largest cable operator after comcast
Damn. Comcast interwebs' got me there.

Cable:

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom