All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the truth is that, they must have negotiations for Latin America, oceania and Asia… only that while 100% will not be nothing confirmed… the producer, the band and the managerr will go to contradict… it is a strategy to preserve the negotiations and not to create an expectation exaggerated in the fans

Brasil = São Paulo
Argentina = Buenos Aires
Chile = Santiago
Peru = Lima

On u2chile.net they are saying that the Brazilian newspaper O Globo announced that u2 will play in Rio November 2010 thanks to the production Time For Fun and the Mayor wants them to play Copacabana beach like the Rolling Stones did.

Wow, info coming from S. America is conflicting. I don't think I believe any of it until it comes out on u2.com.

i know it probablly doesent mean much but on u2.com it used to say something like "more 2010 dates to be annonced"

and now it no longer says that on the website.

someone on a blog at u2.com said he heard from a very good and reliable source, didn't mention who, that there will probably not be anymore USA dates added, but to expect dates in Mexico and Australia for 2010 to be added. if this is true and they add south america in early 2011, then i'll forgive live nation..lol

someone on a blog at u2.com said he heard from a very good and reliable source, didn't mention who, that there will probably not be anymore USA dates added, but to expect dates in Mexico and Australia for 2010 to be added. if this is true and they add south america in early 2011, then i'll forgive live nation..lol

october/november: latin america
november/december: oceania/asia

I am so very tired of refreshing u2gigs, u2tours and u2.com
What month do you reckon Ozzie dates are going to be announced?

anyone's guess is as good as yours, but i wouldn't bother continually refreshing. you'll hear about it the second if/when it happens.

meanwhile i'm hoping that i'll be able to catch a show when i'm over in America... i'd love some info on when those tickets go on sale to the general public and how i could obtain tickets?

I am so very tired of refreshing u2gigs, u2tours and u2.com
What month do you reckon Ozzie dates are going to be announced?

I feel the same myself. Last time it was announced 5 months before the planned concerts, that would make the earliest being July - a long time to wait!!! All we know in New Zealand is that there has been no further negioiations at the cake tin in Wellington, which is very depressing.

A friend writes:

"Yesterday I was at Coldplay show in Mexico City and one of the intro songs was "Magnificent". You should've seen people's reaction: screams, people clapping along with the music....not very common thing in Mexico City when it comes to intro songs.. I guess we all are so hungry for U2, haha."

If U2 do come to Australia Looks like it won't be until 2011 .

Yeah. I'm also worried that the huge AC/DC tour will have taken away a lot of the demand that might have otherwise gone into U2's sales for whenever the Australian tour eventuates. AC/DC did an amazing number of shows really.

^ don't think there's anything to worry about there. those concerts were always going to be massive. U2 won't have as many shows obviously but the demand methinks will still be there, as it always has been. just gotta promote it right.

I could be wrong but for stadium sellouts you need to attact a lot of 'casual' fans and I reckon a lot of those are people who budget for one big concert per year. Doesn't matter who... could be U2, Fleetwood Mac or even AC/DC. So I think some people would skip U2 because they've recently done their big concert thing with AC/DC.

Plus in the eyes of many U2 would be coming on the back of nothing. So for instance they did 3 shows in Sydney last time. This time I reckon 2. Places like Adelaide and Brisbane were sellouts and I don't think they would be this time, especially with the greater capacity offered by the current layout.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Yes I know. What video clips exist fron NLOTH? I watch the Foxtel music channels and they played Boots a tiny bit when it came out and since then I've seen nothing.

Ditto the album (which I like a lot) seems to have fallen into the abyss. Mainstream radio won't touch it due to the Boots factor and they are happy to fall back to Pride, Beautiful Day, Elevation and other past hits. Non mainstream radio (JJJ if you could call it that) won't touch it because it is U2.

So in Australia, for all intents and purposes, NLOTH does not exist.

[edit] I still think they can have a successful tour. It will just be fewer shows than last time and not sellouts everywhere. Melbourne and Sydney should still be good for 2 shows each. Brisbane and Adelaide should get a show each, but I doubt they will both sell out. And they might get ambitious and do a show in Perth. So it may only be 1 less show than last time or even the same number as last time if they do Perth. The difference will be no sellouts which isn't a bad thing perhaps since the scramble for tickets last time was silly.

Honestly, I think they WOULD sell out Adelaide and Brisbane, just not as frantically as last time. In 2006, the demand was there for an extra show in Brisbane, and at least half a show in Adelaide if not a whole one. This time, the shows may not sell out in a couple of hours like last time, but should get there.

Also, sorry I haven't been around this thread or the tour forum at all this year ... I'm sure there are posts I should get back to. But I'm just not into this as much as I was, and I've no new information to report. I've heard nothing through the grapevine, and haven't even had the desire to dig for news (though I get the feeling there's nothing there even if I were to dig).

Yeah. I'm also worried that the huge AC/DC tour will have taken away a lot of the demand that might have otherwise gone into U2's sales for whenever the Australian tour eventuates. AC/DC did an amazing number of shows really.
I don't know if you saw the crowd who went to AccaDacca, but I saw a lot of them wandering around town last week before the show, and lemme tell you, I don't think that many bogans are that into U2 ;)

I don't know if you saw the crowd who went to AccaDacca, but I saw a lot of them wandering around town last week before the show, and lemme tell you, I don't think that many bogans are that into U2 ;)

And thank god for that, I wouldn't like to see a U2 fan with an open beer keg drinking VB while stuffing his mouth with a meat pie. :no:

I assume that U2 fans would be more civilised. ie. me. :wink:

If they do end up releasing SOA, thats hopefully not going to be "nothing".

Also, Brisbane will always sell out for U2 from now on.

And thank god for that, I wouldn't like to see a U2 fan with an open beer keg drinking VB while stuffing his mouth with a meat pie. :no:

I assume that U2 fans would be more civilised. ie. me. :wink:

i like my meat pies vlad.

I drank a lot of VB while visiting Australia and New Zealand. :D

Hopefully, I'll get the chance again if some shows would get announced. :waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom