Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops:doh: I'm sorry....
This is the pic
jan88.jpg

That video made me cry. Ali and Adi are doing such wonderful work with the Chernobyl issues and their foundation has helped so many already. What a wonderful pair of womenfolk.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

THANKYOU! I've always wanted to see more pictures of Bono and Ali during their trip there. Where did you get this one from? Any others??

I found it in another forum. There are three more pictures but only with Bono. If you want, I can send it to you:sexywink:

-Moxsie Launches Identitee from Edun, the Clothing Line Backed by Bono and Ali Hewson -

35-1.jpg

Identitee with Edun joins Moxsie's growing roster of socially responsible designers; Company also announces charitable donation feature on its online fashion site

Palo Alto, California (PRWEB) April 6, 2009 -- Moxsie (About Us) today announced that it is the first multi-brand online retailer to offer Identitee (IDENTITEE), a line made in conjunction with Edun by Bono and Ali Hewson. Identitee is a line of tee shirts for men and women made in Sub-Saharan Africa under fair working conditions and wages that benefits the workers directly. The tees feature lyrics from anthem songs that begin with "I" such as "I used to rule the world" from Coldplay or "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" by U2 and even the bold declaration by Jay-Z stating "I'm a hustler, baby." The tee shirt comes packaged in a vinyl cover, and each purchase comes with a code for 10 iTunes songs.

Moxsie also announced today that it has added a new "Moxsie Charities" feature on the site that allows shoppers to donate a portion of the proceeds from their purchase to charity. There are currently eight charities to choose from in the lineup, including The Memorial Sloan Kettering Center, Sierra Club, The Hunger Project and Equality Now.

"The launch of Identitee and Moxsie Charities on our site reflects Moxsie's strong commitment to social responsibility. Many of our designers have causes that they contribute to, and Moxsie Charities is our way of helping out as well," said Jon Fahrner, CEO of Moxsie.

About Moxsie

Founded in March, 2008 with funding from Alloy Ventures, Moxsie's (About Us) executive team is comprised of experienced individuals from Zappos and Netscape. Moxsie's mission is to promote the discovery of independent design. Moxsie sources pieces from independent designers that push the edge, have a cause, and tell a story. A portion of Moxsie's proceeds is donated to charity. For more information, please visit Moxsie.com - Independent Fashion Designers Clothing and Jewelry.

I found it in another forum. There are three more pictures but only with Bono. If you want, I can send it to you:sexywink:

yes please! degel4@hotmail.com thankyou!!

And like others recommended, if you want to post them in the miscellaneous picture link that would also be a-w-e-s-o-m-e!! let us know when you've posted them.

Big THANKYOU. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom