Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it doesn't really belong in this thread, but belga has more cute pics up, like this one of Bono and John :cute:

bonojohn90409.jpg

That is just Soooooo Cute :sad: :love:

There are a lot of pictures of Bono and John on belga, also some others of him with the family, of Ali and Helena. I love to see him with his kids, but these pictures are still such an intrusion into their privacy. The boys are really pretty, they will be handsome when they grow up. I'm curious if John will become as dark haired as his brother.

Marriage to Bono can be tough but Ireland keeps us grounded - Around Town, Entertainment - Herald.ie

Marriage to Bono can be tough but Ireland keeps us grounded

By Claire Murphy
Saturday April 11 2009

Bono's wife, Ali Hewson, has said that she couldn't imagine living anywhere but Ireland.

The down-to-earth wife of the U2 singer said she feels that staying in Ireland has given the family the stability they needed.

Ali (48) described her life at home as "rounded but frantic" but said it is important her family grew up here.

"It helps for us to live here, where we're part of the community," Ali said. "Ireland is what keeps us grounded -- the Irish are no-nonsense and we're Irish and it's home."

And the founder of the EDUN fashion label said that it helps that family and friends all live relatively close to the couple's mansion in Killiney, Dublin.

"My mum and dad are always close by and so is Bono's brother and the rest of U2," she added.

And it seems as if Ali is not perturbed by Bono's many female fans or rock-star status.

"It's about having respect for each other -- allowing each other the space to grow and respecting that growth," she said.

In the interview with Harpers Bazaar, the Dubliner revealed that her marriage is often difficult, particularly when Bono has to travel with U2.

"There is no fairy tale," she said. "As in any marriage, there's a lot of hard work. But if you can get through the difficult moments, then you enter a new phase of a relationship that is better than before."

The couple who have two daughters, Jordan (19) and Memphis Eve (17) and two sons, Elijah (9) and John (7), first dated as young teenagers. Bono was 14 when he turned to Ali after his mother died from a brain aneurysm at her own father's funeral.

faith

"I don't think Bono would want to lose another woman in his life," she revealed.

"Knowing someone's memories is when you really know them inside out -- when you've grown up with them and made that journey through adulthood together," she added.

Ali is the patron of Chernobyl Children's Project International, the organisation which works with children, families and communities who are affected by the nuclear disaster. And the human rights campaigner said that her belief in God has got her through some of the more difficult times in her life.

"I couldn't live without faith," Ali said. "I would find that a very dark place to be."

- Claire Murphy

I'm not sure if this is the U.K. version of Harper's Bazaar or what month this issue is but hopefully we can all keep our eyes open to find the issue of this interview with Ali & post any pics connected with it.

Great interview with a great woman. :applaud:

MySpace.com - Mulago Positive Women's Network - 49 - Female - AUSTIN, Texas - www.myspace.com/mulago :hug:

And the human rights campaigner said that her belief in God has got her through some of the more difficult times in her life.
"I couldn't live without faith," Ali said. "I would find that a very dark place to be."
"Difficult times"? Let me see- her family and parents are ok? right? what kind of diffiult times she could have? :lol:
Rich people are sooo funny!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, because when you have money you automatically don't have any problems.

Wow, that means I must be the happiest person in the world. I have money and that means I have no problems. Alright.

:doh:

Relationships are difficult even if one isn't famous. I cannot imagine being married to someone who is that famous and away so much.

With relationship, love, family emotions are involved, and that makes everything difficult and complicated from time to time, no matter how much money you have.

Yes, because when you have money you automatically don't have any problems.

Wow, that means I must be the happiest person in the world. I have money and that means I have no problems. Alright.
I'm glad for you have such wonderful life! :wave:
And, go by your present at every single thread on the forum you have a lot free time! That's very nice!:wave::wave::wave:
Give me your life everyday! :shifty:

I read the article Great read too ;) I'm glad they her marriage has worked out. Thanks Greety and bobofox1 for posting the lovely photos of Bono and his son :D

I'm glad for you have such wonderful life! :wave:
And, go by your present at every single thread on the forum you have a lot free time! That's very nice!:wave::wave::wave:
Give me your life everyday! :shifty:

Your life doesn't seem bad either, since you seem to have few worries besides coming to PLEBA to cause trouble. The only times I see you around it is to stir up things. And yes, I love my life and I work hard enough for my money. Yes I know, envy is a bich. :)

Yes I know, envy is a bich. :)

Welcome to the club, last unicorn. I've been saying the same thing about people for years.:lmao:

fren, I only posted the article - I didn't write it. Just an fyi.:wink::wink:

HAPPY EASTER TO PLEBA !!:sexywink:

I was just trying to be sarcastic.

I don't have more money than others who work for their living. Thank God. I don't need much money. :lol:

Well at least I can afford to go and see U2 live a couple of times this year.

It's just that some comments are really getting up my nose, as if people, just because they are rich and famous, are beyond personal problems. Of course they're not, they have feelings, too.

And instead of being jealous, people should just look after their own lives.

Your life doesn't seem bad either, since you seem to have few worries besides coming to PLEBA to cause trouble. The only times I see you around it is to stir up things. And yes, I love my life and I work hard enough for my money. Yes I know, envy is a bich. :)
:ohmy: what troubles??? Because i posted the link where Bono gave the very intimate kiss to Helena? As i see Ali is cool with it. So , what kind of personal problems they could have???:shrug:
Ali should be grateful for the wonderful life she has you know.

:ohmy: what troubles??? Because i posted the link where Bono gave the very intimate kiss to Helena? As i see Ali is cool with it. So , what kind of personal problems they could have???:shrug:
Ali should be grateful for the wonderful life she has you know.

You still believe leaning his mouth on her shoulder while looking at her camera is and "intimate kiss"? :lol: Wow, I've done that with friends countless times. But damn if you can't be that comfortable with someone you've been friends with or close to twenty years that's really sad. Helena has been practically family to Bono and Ali since the early 90's. I think she actually met Bono for the first time on the JT tour. She's livin' the ultimate fangirls dream really as she went from drooling over Bono's poster on her wall at 12 to being an intimate family friend sharing vacations and holidays with them. There was nothing seedy about that photo at all just the usual tabloid press trying to make something out of nothing. You'd think they'd learn by now but they live in hope.

As for what problems they could have, well just about the same as anyone and having money doesn't make them immune. We all should be grateful for the wonderful lives we have because compared to the millions dying of poverty and disease all over the world our problems are nothing. The entire U2 community is an absolute marvel to me but I don't kid myself that they don't have the same kind of dysfunctional relationships that everyone else has. What they do have is the commitment and determination to not let their problems destroy their relationships. They haven't always succeeded either as their have been breakups along the way but they have still managed to keep an extraordinarily large group of people together in a fairly cohesive community for a fairly long period of time and people could learn a lot from that.

I remember a funny quote from Bono where a reporter asked him if he had ever seen a flying saucer (because the lights from the Pop stage outside Vegas caused UFO reports) and Bono says "Sure, I see them all the time." The reported perks up interestedly saying "Really? Where?" and Bono replies "In my kitchen. Haven't you ever had dishes thrown at you?"

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom