Album 13: Arguing/Punning/Meme-ing/Discussion thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it were just u2 partnering with BoA, they'd take a severe beating. But red's involvement will likely mute it a bit. They'll take some flack, but not too much.

The people who are going to give U2 shit about this would likely give U2 shit for doing anything.

Not that BoA doesn't deserve heaps of disdain, but I don't think it will be anything out of the ordinary (i.e., the usual amount of anti-U2 whining).

Damn, that late? What time zone?

Edit: East coast, I'm guessing - that would line up with kick-off time for the game, as I think the west coast start time is 3:00.

What will people say? "Damn that U2 giving away a free song where some Bank donates 2 million dollars to help stop AIDS!"

What will people say? "Damn that U2 giving away a free song where some Bank donates 2 million dollars to help stop AIDS!"

They'll call out U2 for promoting itself by attaching itself to a charity ad in the run up to a new album and tour, the fact that $4m is wasted on the ad time and that's double the amount being donated, and that the brand partner is a notorious bank not just some bank.

they are already have partnership for music students in ireland to get music education/ lessons which is very successful

We are getting closer, I like that we have actual news from U2.com! This is all making sense, new song that will be announced as the new single probably the week after and then maybe a performance of it in Fallon with hopefully an album announcement at that time! Book it and speaking of book it, I need some tour dates so I can arrange my summer!

So is this just going to be on the american itunes or uk/worldwide aswell?

in all seriousness, Bono name drops BoA a lot and talks about their "heart" and stuff ... i don't know, maybe i've changed, but i find wise/pedantic Bono more and more irritable. he's better when he's enthused about an idea rather than explaining to me the gravitas of the situation.

what bothers me in a more substantive way is the name dropping, and how that fine line of aligning with a corporation while not kissing ass seems to be really blurred here. it also strikes me that BoA views this as an opportunity to try to rehabilitate it's rather sullied image after nearly destroying the world in 2008.

i get that it's a lot of money, and i get that the moment is a big one, and the goal extraordinary.

it's the execution i'm questioning on this very cold Thursday afternoon.

No way there is any announcement for a new album on 2/2. The song is for charity. They are not going to deflect attention away from the cause. "Oh, by the way, the song is the first single off of the forthcoming album...."

Ordinary Love and Invisible - two giveaways. They are still tinkering with the album. Iovine wants more mainstream crap - call in Lillywhite to pour some sugar on the songs. :huh:

No way there is any announcement for a new album on 2/2. The song is for charity. They are not going to deflect attention away from the cause. "Oh, by the way, the song is the first single off of the forthcoming album...."

Ordinary Love and Invisible - two giveaways. They are still tinkering with the album. Iovine wants more mainstream crap - call in Lillywhite to pour some sugar on the songs. :huh:

Again, where's the logic here? So just because U2 won't announce the album on 2/2, they're not able to announce the album on 2/3? Or 2/25?

To be as vocal in the public eye for as long as Bono has been and yet to have any moral mis-steps is very hard. There's no doubt in my mind that more and more as he ages Bono is worried about his legacy. He is very much committed to being remembered as a thoroughly earnest, good dude. And people can criticize his collaborations or tax evasion all they want. In the end, this guy is going to look like a blessing to the world and that's where this is all heading.

When he passes away some day, I think he'll definitely be looked upon very highly by the masses. Right now he's just kind of an easy target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom