2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do, don't use anythingremotelyconnectedtoU2.com to buy your tickets tomorrow at 10 am

I mean...seriously..

I hear ya. But how do we know which site is selling the tickets?
I take it Vancouver is tm.ca? But a lot of the Euro shows may well not be tm at all

FYI, atu2 just tweeted that unlike 360, there will be no other presales for other groups (AMEX holders, venue season ticket holders, etc.). Only the fanclub has presales for this tour.

I guessed that, i just don't understand what the sign in/up msg refers to:lol:

I suspect that is a placeholder that you would see if you load that page without having logged in - either Sign In to your account to see the sale links, or Sign Up for a u2.com account.

FYI, atu2 just tweeted that unlike 360, there will be no other presales for other groups (AMEX holders, venue season ticket holders, etc.). Only the fanclub has presales for this tour.
I noticed that as well. Great to know.

I suspect that is a placeholder that you would see if you load that page without having logged in - either Sign In to your account to see the sale links, or Sign Up for a u2.com account.

I'm logged in and a member - or at least I think I am, lol - and I can see that stuff

If the mainstream press finds out about Leo, I wonder if they'll change the name to The iLLEGITIMATE + eXTORTION Tour.

At least for the 2016 South American leg.

I hope the ensuing scandal doesn't delay the tour. Poor Bono. Out of the frying pan, into the child support fire.

Seems their rush to announce this and get presale codes out and have all tickets go on sale all within 24 hours is causing them more headaches than us. Pretty stupid planning on live nation / u2's part I must say. How about next time they have all ducks in a row then make an announcement

I'm sure there will be a field to enter the U2.com code on Ticketmaster when checking out? (that I've still yet to receive)

Why arent the pre sale codes just in the account info section like they use to be. Even after i used mine for the vertigo tour it still was on display. Would have made things alot easier

The mods at the Zoo are saying that the code will go out later tonight. You don't have them because they don't exist yet. And if they DON'T go to your e-Mail, they'll be in your TOURS section as well, as a backup.

Yeah I don't get why the big rush. They could easily wait until January at least to sell the tickets, that way they could get it all figured out plus we all wouldn't be broke with Christmas coming up and all.

I just want to know where I need to be logged in at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning and what kind of things I might be expected to do in the 10 or whatever minutes I have chance to do anything :sad:

In sweden the tickets are gonna be on sale on something called AXS not ticnet, eventim or such thats the usual retailers for tickets here. Weird.

U2 Community ‏@U2Community 13m13 minutes ago

to all awaiting U2 > Home presale codes - none issued as yet, it may be some hours so grab a beer and put on Songs Of Innocence

Yeah I don't get why the big rush. They could easily wait until January at least to sell the tickets, that way they could get it all figured out plus we all wouldn't be broke with Christmas coming up and all.

LiveNation wants the interest on millions of dollars of sales. Why would they want to hold the money for a shorter time?

Some other bands have been putting tickets on sale over a year in advance of their concerts

Also, as to why the rush, if they are indeed trying to do some paperless entry, this gives scalpers less opportunity to load up on gift cards/prepaid AMEXs etc. to use to send as a "ticket" on the secondary market. Whether or not that's the reason, one of them, or not a reason at all, it can certainly be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom