2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hear Beautiful Day a U2 concert, I wish I was in a basement listening to no-name punk rock bands instead.

I've seriously looked all over and can't find it, and it was probably right in front of me all along. So my apologies for asking this here, but i am in need of a quick response. What time does the band take stage and what time do they finish?

I've seriously looked all over and can't find it, and it was probably right in front of me all along. So my apologies for asking this here, but i am in need of a quick response. What time does the band take stage and what time do they finish?

8:20 start, 10:45 finish.

Give yourself a little more time though because those start times and finish times can vary some.

If he gets there by 8:10, he will be fine. And basically allot 2hrs. 15min. from start to finish, give or take five minutes.

For those who have seen the shows, how is the audience? Was it a good mixture of young and old like what I saw in Chicago in '09 and '11 or is just old farts standing still?

For those who have seen the shows, how is the audience? Was it a good mixture of young and old like what I saw in Chicago in '09 and '11 or is just old farts standing still?

Still a mix, although it appeared to me in Vancouver that the proportion of old farts (not standing still!) has grown significantly.

Speaking as an old fart, we are not all Joshua Tree nostalgics, I am more an Achtung Baby/post-Achtung gal (although I do wish for other War tracks besides SBS).

I think setlist changes are coming on the east coast. Due to the screens and lighting, not much will change in the first half but the second half will change.

They can't do several nights in Chicago, Boston, and MANY shows in NY without changing it up.

Now, i don't think we'll see The Refugee or I Fall Down or something more obscure but, something simple like "Stay", "All I Want is You", "Elevation" etc can most certainly happen.

If I were U2 I'd pull out "the refugee" only to fuck with the setlist watchers. That's possibly the most "out of nowhere" song they could play.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Rattle & Hum was Bono's zenith vocally. It was clean, high Energy, and hit song crazy notes during that time period. A fan asked him about God Part II once and he said he couldn't vocally do the last verse.

Agreed. Watch R&H and it's obvious. Bono never sounded so good and will never sound that good again. :heart:

The Refugee would fit the theme of the American Blow Job section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom