2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woah tour spoilers on Fallon... that stage looks amazing

Holy shit, I can't wait to see this in person. Just sneaking teases of glimpses of the stage. I NEED MORE. GIMME.

Good teaser visually, shame they put the second most dad rocking song to it :)

793963194179587471_zps83a9aa92.gif

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, but this is what I'm predicting for Streets.

Screen is down all the way, with that full on yellow lighting seen in the teaser. Bono sings 'Fields of Gold' as he walks down the runway, in between the screens. Maybe a bit of light chiming from Mr The Edge. Screen fades from yellow to red, organs start, god walks in to the room yada yada yada.

Sounds good, amirite?

I hope they do Streets acoustically. No one would complain about that, and it'd make perfect sense. Maybe they could do a sing along thing and pair it with SFS and ISHFWILF.:drool:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, but this is what I'm predicting for Streets.

Screen is down all the way, with that full on yellow lighting seen in the teaser. Bono sings 'Fields of Gold' as he walks down the runway, in between the screens. Maybe a bit of light chiming from Mr The Edge. Screen fades from yellow to red, organs start, god walks in to the room yada yada yada.

Sounds good, amirite?

Except that it was reported that EDGE sings Field of Gold. Which makes it even more awesome!

Except that it was reported that EDGE sings Field of Gold. Which makes it even more awesome!

That works too - my main point was that the transition of the screen from yellow to red could be a the best Streets moment since the Elevation tour. I'm reminded of the Please>Streets transition from Popmart when I think of the idea!

@U2 has started a iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour FAQ page on their website, in which they collect questions from fans and send them to the U2 camp. Live Nation has already responded to some of them, and it looks like more will be answered as the tour approaches.

Live Nation is also endorsing the Red Zone diagram that has been floating around over the past few hours, so I assume that's official.

U2 Innocence + Experience Tour FAQ
How will the GA line work?
Live Nation: "The GA line will have a dedicated entry wherever possible. Where paperless ticketing is used, the process will be for the credit card holder of the ticket purchase will bring all patrons within his purchase and enter through a scanning gate. Each person will receive a ticket receipt and proceed directly to the wristbanding tables where they will receive a wristband that will allow them to either the North side or the South Side of the floor. There will be clear signage depicting each side. The quantity of wristbands will match the capacity of each side and will be used for even loading of the floor as well as patron safety. They will be customer service representative present to help with any questions. There is no reentry allowed to the venue once the credit cards are scanned at the entry.

"Where paperless ticketing is not used, the printed tickets will allow for entry in a dedicated GA entrance past the Wrist banding tables and directly to the entries to the floor."

When can I get in the GA line and where it will begin?
This is determined by each venue and local public safety officials. Some venues may offer a numbered wristband system that eliminates the need to spend all day in line. Some venues won't allow lining up overnight. Your best bet is to contact the venue (and/or check the venue website) for this information.

Are there really two separate GA sections, North and South? Do fans have to go into the section indicated on the GA ticket purchase receipt?
Live Nation: "For safety and logistics reasons, the two sides of the floor will be assigned a fixed number of wristbands to match the legally allowed capacity of each side of the floor. These will be put on at the wristbanding tables in the entry area. The wristbands will allow restricted access only to the labeled North Side or South Side of the particular wristband.

"So if friends have purchased GA tickets separately, they should enter the venue together in order to guarantee they will be on the same side."

What's the camera policy for the tour?
Live Nation: "Smartphones and point-and-shoot cameras are okay. Only cameras with removable lenses are not allowed. Video-specific cameras are not allowed."

I took this to mean you get "assigned" a side once you've had your card scanned...of course if there's places left in both North and South you'll get a choice

Yeah, I read it as basically when you get to the wrist band table you get a band specific to one side or the other (different colors or whatever) and then proceed to the entry for that side.

Adam's is the better side anyway, he engages while Edge is so engrossed in playing that he doesn't give anyone the time of day!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom