2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono from last night:
https://instagram.com/p/15FhZGPqAM/
11143000_1644832532418317_1453631184_n.jpg

The Genus of Interference Posters

Blindus Sheepius - this poster thinks everything is just hunky dory at all times. Everything is wonderful,the band has never done anything wrong, and Songs of Innocence is just the bees knees. They believe anyone who has a thought that is even the slightest bit negative towards the band to be a "hater," and don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike their favorite band. Thinks we are all ONE :heart::hug:

Pleebius Maximus - similar in nature to the Blindus Sheepius, only with an unhealthy obsession over band member's junk.

Reasonabless Optimosis - this poster looks at all things objectively, but with a positive spin. ReasOpts often find themselves trying to play mediator between Blindus Sheepius and the less kind cousin or ReasOpts, Reasonabless Sarcastius.

Reasonabless Sarcastius - looks at things objectively, but with a strong sense of sarcasm and dryness. Is sometimes mistaken with the unrelated Trollolololius Rex, especially by Blindius Sheepi, but in reality actually still quite enjoys the band, just doesn't always quite get what the fuck they're doing.

Axvicius Pop - feels the band hasn't done jack shit since 1998.

Irvine - Somehow manages to balance everything, make sense, and stay above the fray.

Paranoius Getoveryourselfus - otherwise reasonable poster who believes every single post that disagrees with their line of thought is a personal attack.

Insidus Schmuckiosis - non regular who only pops up every now and then to share their "inside information," which 99% of the time is a pile of shit, and the other 1% nobody believes because of the first 99%

Trollolololius Rex - the soul purpose of the trollolololius is to be a douche. This poster will jump from forum to forum, disagreeing with everyone, taking known unpopular stands on purpose, and other just douchey things. Can share very similar traits with the Paranoius Getoveryourselfus, only without being reasonable. These guys suck.

Well Headache just won this thread. Top work, sir.

Also, I laughed at the time that you posted that you're currently going through your Axver era, so there's that.

I'm just not sure that era ends. I mean, I'm still living it.

Blindus Sheepius - this poster thinks everything is just hunky dory at all times. Everything is wonderful,the band has never done anything wrong, and Songs of Innocence is just the bees knees. They believe anyone who has a thought that is even the slightest bit negative towards the band to be a "hater," and don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike their favorite band. Thinks we are all ONE :heart::hug:

Pleebius Maximus - similar in nature to the Blindus Sheepius, only with an unhealthy obsession over band member's junk.

Reasonabless Optimosis - this poster looks at all things objectively, but with a positive spin. ReasOpts often find themselves trying to play mediator between Blindus Sheepius and the less kind cousin or ReasOpts, Reasonabless Sarcastius.

Reasonabless Sarcastius - looks at things objectively, but with a strong sense of sarcasm and dryness. Is sometimes mistaken with the unrelated Trollolololius Rex, especially by Blindius Sheepi, but in reality actually still quite enjoys the band, just doesn't always quite get what the fuck they're doing.

Irvine - Somehow manages to balance everything, make sense, and stay above the fray.

Paranoius Getoveryourselfus - otherwise reasonable poster who believes every single post that disagrees with their line of thought is a personal attack.

Insidus Schmuckiosis - non regular who only pops up every now and then to share their "inside information," which 99% of the time is a pile of shit, and the other 1% nobody believes because of the first 99%

Trollolololius Rex - the soul purpose of the trollolololius is to be a douche. This poster will jump from forum to forum, disagreeing with everyone, taking known unpopular stands on purpose, and other just douchey things. Can share very similar traits with the Paranoius Getoveryourselfus, only without being reasonable. These guys suck.
:bow: This post should be a sticky in EYKIW.

I feel sorry you feel that way about Songs Of Innocence. You obviously will not be able to enjoy the tour as much as the fans who love and enjoy this new album.

:lol: For real? Because he doesn't enjoy the last album he will not enjoy the tour as much???

Fuck it, just for you I'm going to enjoy the crap out of this tour and I really, really don't give a shit about the last album. TRY AND STOP ME. :angry:

Also Headache wins this thread. :love:

Yeah, from my perspective, I think so lowly of a lot of the new material that I think it can only be better live and thus I'll appreciate it more. Yeah, I won't be excited to hear them start the riffs to most of those songs, but I think the rockers can be more intensive and a song I don't like, such as "Iris" could really soar with a passionate vocal performance from Bono.

"Love and Peace or Else" is a pretty good example. Did not think much of the track on the album at all, but then it was an absolute highlight of the Vertigo Tour (and a killer opener in my mind). I've come to think of it as one of the better tracks on the album now, anyway, given its excellent production qualities, but that's definitely proof that a song that was kind of plodding in a lot of people's minds could really be brought to life.

The fact that U2's an older band kind of helps. You figure at most that the new songs will take up about a 1/3 of the setlist whereas they'd be at least 2/3 for some younger act that's playing for about 90 minutes. If that were the case, I'd probably avoid going in the same way that I almost never go see some band I like who put out a new album that I was indifferent towards. But with Songs of Innocence, I could hear "California" or "Crystal Ballroom" (I've actually only heard the latter twice and would rather just hear it fresh on the tour) which are songs I actually like and the others could lead to some good performances. Regardless, I'll still get a set that's made up of a dozen or more songs that I truly love.

So how do you think you would feel if all they played was the Songs Of Innocence album followed by the yet to be release Songs Of Experience album and then said goodnight?

I finally feel like I have an identity :sad:

Looked at this weeks Hot 100 songs and these are the only "rock bands" with songs that make the chart this week:

4 3 14 Sugar - Maroon 5 - 1994 - pop rock
8 9 23 Shut Up And Dance - WALK THE MOON - 2008 - indie/dance rock
41 35 14 Homegrown - Zac Brown Band - 2002 - country & southern rock
46 40 32 Centuries - Fall Out Boy - 2001 - pop rock/ alt rock
64 63 17 Geronimo - Sheppard - 2009 - indie rock
70 76 5 Bright - Echosmith - 2009 - Rock
71 72 6 Believe - Mumford & Sons - 2007 - Folk Rock/ Alt Rock
99 New 1 Renegades - X Ambassadors - 2009 - Electronic Rock/ ALT Rock

The year is when the band was formed followed by the genre of rock they play.

U2 was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame(25 years after bands first release) before five of these bands were even formed.

There was once a time when the HOT 100 was filled with rock bands. Hard Rock and Metal has disappeared from the mainstream.

Looked at this weeks Hot 100 songs and these are the only "rock bands" with songs that make the chart this week:

4 3 14 Sugar - Maroon 5 - 1994 - pop rock
8 9 23 Shut Up And Dance - WALK THE MOON - 2008 - indie/dance rock
41 35 14 Homegrown - Zac Brown Band - 2002 - country & southern rock
46 40 32 Centuries - Fall Out Boy - 2001 - pop rock/ alt rock
64 63 17 Geronimo - Sheppard - 2009 - indie rock
70 76 5 Bright - Echosmith - 2009 - Rock
71 72 6 Believe - Mumford & Sons - 2007 - Folk Rock/ Alt Rock
99 New 1 Renegades - X Ambassadors - 2009 - Electronic Rock/ ALT Rock

The year is when the band was formed followed by the genre of rock they play.

U2 was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame(25 years after bands first release) before five of these bands were even formed.

There was once a time when the HOT 100 was filled with rock bands. Hard Rock and Metal has disappeared from the mainstream.

Out of those, Maroon 5 suddenly looks old for some reason. I wish rock and metal ruled the world. Probably when Seattle band died, everything was done as well

Well done.

I guess I'd fall into the Reasonabless Sarcastius category.

Out of those, Maroon 5 suddenly looks old for some reason. I wish rock and metal ruled the world. Probably when Seattle band died, everything was done as well

When Maroon 5 formed in 1994, they were only in High School. They did not have their first major label release until 2002, which was not a big hit until 2004.

I was gonna say, screw the 'are they relevant'/'too old'/'how was SOI received' discussion. We've had it for months now.

A new Bono hairstyle, now that is real news.

I'm unfortunately used to the absolute depressing vibe of this site.. the "this latest album [insert album name here] sucks and the corresponding "post-mortem" threads and it really irritates me to the point that I rarely post here anymore.

That said, IMO, since U2 hit the reset button with ATYCLB, the albums have gotten progressively better. No, they are not JT or AB by any stretch of the imagination, but many of the songs are well-thought-out and intriguing.

And with all due respect to the posters that seem to think Raised By Wolves and Cedarwood Road are somehow the "worst songs on this album" I seriously beg to differ. For years many here have wanted U2 to break from the past and go in a different direction.. well with the final 6 songs on SOI they have and, I for one, LOVE those songs. They stretch the band to be something haven't been for a long time and they make me long to see them play them fully in concert.

Back
Top Bottom