2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, nervous about Monday already. I was fine all last week and through the weekend and now I am going nuts hoping it works out in the am.

Aiming for Chicago, live in OH. Is it 10am EST for all NA shows or do I have to wait an hour until its 10am Central time?

Good luck! I will be shooting for Chicago too! :wave: That is a good question about the time zones. I thought I saw TM say it goes on sale 10 AM Central. Can anyone confirm?

10 AM local venue time so if you are going for Chicago it would be 10 AM Central time. As long as your hubby is going with you it should not be a problem at all, paperless or not.

Whew. That helps. Although I'm still a wreck over the whole thing. We've always bought at a counter and had hard tix in hand. *sigh*

Good luck! I will be shooting for Chicago too! :wave: That is a good question about the time zones. I thought I saw TM say it goes on sale 10 AM Central. Can anyone confirm?

See my other quoted reply. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Paperless vs hard ticket ?

Looking for a bit of info on paperless vs hard tickets. I recently got $100 seats for a Chicago show and was offered the option of having these mailed. For the general sale, a local friend wants me to try to grab a pair of Chicago $300 seats for him. Anyone know if this price level might be paperless only? II haven't seen any info anywhere indicating what exactly is being offered in what format. I'm trying to figure out if I can even buy for him if he'd need the original credit card to get in, Thanks. :up:

Looking for a bit of info on paperless vs hard tickets. I recently got $100 seats for a Chicago show and was offered the option of having these mailed. For the general sale, a local friend wants me to try to grab a pair of Chicago $300 seats for him. Anyone know if this price level might be paperless only? II haven't seen any info anywhere indicating what exactly is being offered in what format. I'm trying to figure out if I can even buy for him if he'd need the original credit card to get in, Thanks. :up:

Hey Tim. I think you will find that the options for seats are e-tickets or hard copy mailed for a bit extra. Even during the presales they had these options in most cities I believe.

The big question is which delivery method will be available for GA in the general sale. Will it remain cc-entry only (exception NYC), or will they open it up and allow e-ticket/hard ticket delivery? Only time will tell I guess..

Sent from my ass crack

Hey Tim. I think you will find that the options for seats are e-tickets or hard copy mailed for a bit extra. Even during the presales they had these options in most cities I believe.

The big question is which delivery method will be available for GA in the general sale. Will it remain cc-entry only (exception NYC), or will they open it up and allow e-ticket/hard ticket delivery? Only time will tell I guess..

Sent from my ass crack

Hi Gabe,
So you feel there won't be a differentiation between cheaper sets and DB seats as far as delivery options?

For those that actually think additional Toronto dates will be added.....take a look at calendar, which dates do you actually think they will be on?

For those that actually think additional Toronto dates will be added.....take a look at calendar, which dates do you actually think they will be on?

July 2nd and 3rd for the additional Toronto dates.

Rationale:

They'll add Montreal Jun 16, 17

Additional Chicago Jun 20, 21 and if these 6 show rumours are true, Jun 28, 29

They'll celebrate Canada Day with us on their day off, rehearse, and open up Toronto on Jul 2

I say it ends up being pretty close, if not exactly that

I think they also add Jul 14, 15 to Boston

NY Jul 26, 27, 30, 31

The main clues are the ending and beginning dates for the cities already listed. Watch the pattern, they are already going 2 on 2 off. You can take any city that has blank spots and apply that rule, add 2 days off for them to get to the next city, and it works.

Sent from my ass crack

July 2nd and 3rd for the additional Toronto dates.

Rationale:

They'll add Montreal Jun 16, 17

Additional Chicago Jun 20, 21 and if these 6 show rumours are true, Jun 28, 29

They'll celebrate Canada Day with us on their day off, rehearse, and open up Toronto on Jul 2

I say it ends up being pretty close, if not exactly that

I think they also add Jul 14, 15 to Boston

NY Jul 26, 27, 30, 31

The main clues are the ending and beginning dates for the cities already listed. Watch the pattern, they are already going 2 on 2 off. You can take any city that has blank spots and apply that rule, add 2 days off for them to get to the next city, and it works.

Sent from my ass crack

Bingo. :up:

What are you going for tomorrow, Gabe?

I'd definitely like to see a show or two in NY, and of course our local shows.

You?

Sent from my ass crack

I took a vacation day to sit here and refresh like a mofo for additional Toronto shows. NY would be my second choice, but I'm not confident enough at this point to actually purchase, Given that NYC is hard tickets, I'll be able to work out something in the future, if need be.

:hmm: How would you be getting to NYC?

There has been so much contradiction with this pre-sale.
In the latest @U2 blog it says for the Euro shows you had to buy two tickets to ONE show. I read that elsewhere too.
Yet on U2.com it says it didn't matter if the tickets are spread over two shows.
Things could certainly have been made clearer.

I took a vacation day to sit here and refresh like a mofo for additional Toronto shows. NY would be my second choice, but I'm not confident enough at this point to actually purchase, Given that NYC is hard tickets, I'll be able to work out something in the future, if need be.

:hmm: How would you be getting to NYC?

I would drive it. Hopefully carpool with like minded fans to ease the gas cost a bit I suppose

Sent from my ass crack

I'm contemplating also getting tickets for the first night in Amsterdam. I've got GA's for the second night, but I have never done GA, so Im still nervous about that. How is it to be a few rows back in GA like say 4-5 rows from rail. And how is it even further back?

I'm contemplating also getting tickets for the first night in Amsterdam. I've got GA's for the second night, but I have never done GA, so Im still nervous about that. How is it to be a few rows back in GA like say 4-5 rows from rail. And how is it even further back?

remember that these are arena shows so the GA bit isn't enormous

4-5 rows back will be a bit squashed further back you'll have more space but you won't be a mile from the stage for these shows

remember that these are arena shows so the GA bit isn't enormous

4-5 rows back will be a bit squashed further back you'll have more space but you won't be a mile from the stage for these shows

So views are still OK? Maybe someone has a picture of what its like a little further back:)

So I'll be trying for two more nights in LA today (I got 2 GA tickets for May 27th in LA in the presale). But not sure whether I should try for GAs or seats on May 26th, since I plan on lining up all day for GA. Doing that two days in a row might be too physically taxing.

For those who have done GA before, just how bad a spot do you get if you line up late in the day (around 5 pm)?

Well this isn't going to plan. Antwerp website has crashed while I don't even think Cologne had any GA tickets on sale to begin with unless they all went within one second. Only option is seated but they don't even show you the section. If I'm spending 200E on a ticket, I'd like to know exactly where I'm at!

I've only ever done GA for stadium shows and the last few times have rocked up as the gates open and have got just as good of position as someone who lined up all day.

I've only ever done GA for stadium shows and the last few times have rocked up as the gates open and have got just as good of position as someone who lined up all day.

Same here for indoor shows. Well it wasnt U2 shows but Depeche Mode, In Flames and such.

AXS general sale seems to be working very well for Stockholm. If youre trying to find tickets for a European show and can manage to travel to Sweden, give it a shot.

Prices for Stockholm shows are:

£22 - £125
€28 - €158

GA seems to have sold out now but seats are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom