2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was thinking of as a possible timetable:
1st NZ city - 20/11 or a few days later
2nd NZ city - 27/11
Melbourne - 4/12
Brisbane - 8/12
Sydney - 11/12
Perth - 16/12

Since we haven't heard a real Asian date rumor, would it make more sense that they tour Australia and NZ from West to East with the CLAWs going from New Zealand to South America?

Just a thought.

Since we haven't heard a real Asian date rumor, would it make more sense that they tour Australia and NZ from West to East with the CLAWs going from New Zealand to South America?

Just a thought.

Very possible. I put that list together from information I had read from various sources. (Perth venue booked for mid-to-late Dec, Brisbane second week of Dec). Also, someone seemingly "in the know" over at U2fanz.com claimed the tour would possibly start mid-nov and move to Australia after.
Strangely, though, everything seems to have gone very quiet all of a sudden.

Just a thought.

Very possible. I put that list together from information I had read from various sources. (Perth venue booked for mid-to-late Dec, Brisbane second week of Dec). Also, someone seemingly "in the know" over at U2fanz.com claimed the tour would possibly start mid-nov and move to Australia after.
Strangely, though, everything seems to have gone very quiet all of a sudden.

I was just thinking logic would keep the CLAWs moving in a natural direction, but logistics be damned for this tour.
Who really knows?

I just want hard dates. Now!

This has just come in from the New Zealand herald:

U2 tipped for tour of NZ

Speculation is rife that U2 will bring their large, state-of-the-art concert here in November.

Fans are eagerly awaiting an announcement from the band, who are expected to confirm dates not long after they resume their world tour tomorrow.

International reports say U2 are finalising their plans to play in New Zealand in November - possibly at Mt Smart Stadium - and Australia straight after.

But sources say New Zealand concerts could be called off, depending on the condition of frontman Bono's injured back.

The U2 360 Degrees tour has featured a 50m-tall, four-legged stage shipped around the world to concert venues.

The stage, nicknamed "The Claw", lets audiences encircle the band and watch from all sides.

The tour has earned $400 million since it began in Europe just over a year ago, but it hit a snag in May when Bono suffered a slipped spinal disc.

The band pulled out of the Glastonbury festival in England and rescheduled their North American concerts to next year.

Bono had surgery on his back and has since been recovering.

Negotiations for a New Zealand tour have been going on since last year, and Wellington's Westpac Stadium has been put forward as another possible venue.

The world tour has been organised by promoters Live Nation, who have just opened an office in Australia.

Live Nation's Asia office, based in Hong Kong, said the new Australian office was involved in preparations for U2's Oceania tour.

Australian promoters Michael Coppel Presents, which organised U2's previous tours in the region, said it could not comment on a possible U2 tour.

Bridget de Launay, the company's New Zealand representative, also would not comment.

Hardcore fans said they were holding off making any concrete plans, but many were confident an announcement was imminent.

"I'm quite used to the 'frustration' that happens every U2 tour of not knowing," one fan said. "To be honest, I think that's part of building the anticipation."

All would be forgiven and forgotten as soon as the band announced the tour dates, she said.

"So we wait, patiently - sort of," she said.

Another fan, Andrew Briscoe, said he was waiting to book flights and accommodation to travel to see multiple shows.

It would be a "frenzy" when an announcement was made, he said.

"Am I excited? Hell yeah. My wife, not so much - she loses me for the best part of three weeks."

The link is:U2 tipped for tour of NZ - Music - NZ Herald News

This was also mentioned on the rock radio station. Things are definetly looking good.:applaud:

Historically, U2's Australasian tours have followed this trajectory:

Australia ----> New Zealand ----> Japan

Assuming that Japan has been nixed for 360, I hope that the Oceania leg in Nov/Dec works out like this:

Wellington/Auckland ----> Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane ----> Sydney/Melbourne

I think it would be cool for U2 to round out the Oceania leg in Sydney or Melbourne- because I might be there.:hyper:

buy in person is my recommendation.

The online times out quickly (and the site slows to buggery when there are so many people on it). And the phone is nigh on impossible to get through on.

Best way: travel to a remote country outlet. I bought my vertigo Sydney tickets in Wagga ( my brother was living there). There were 12 people in line by opening time. This is opposed to the 450 in Newcastle at midnight the night before

that's what i'm planning on doing, finding a ticketmaster that no one knows about. maybe have someone else online as backup.

so...

Crowded House is on Nov 5, tickets rumoured to be roughly $90?
Gorillaz is on the 11th Dec, tickets either $99 or $119

if U2 are to tour - how are we all feeling about this? - roughly when? any idea?

so...

Crowded House is on Nov 5, tickets rumoured to be roughly $90?
Gorillaz is on the 11th Dec, tickets either $99 or $119

if U2 are to tour - how are we all feeling about this? - roughly when? any idea?

If it actually happens, I doubt the U2 tour will start so early as to clash with Crowdies, and tickets are more than "rumoured" to be $90 - I've already got mine! They were indeed $90 a pop.

Good chance of a U2 clash with Gorillaz though. But are you aiming to go to EVERY U2 show, or just Melbourne?

well if it follows the same route as last time, i'm hoping for Brisbane, one Sydney and both Melbournes. but i'm relatively strapped for cash, so that might get cut down to Bris/Melb/Melb or just Melb/Melb, depending when/if tickets go on sale.

i really wish there would be an announcement, because i'd love to see Gorillaz. they're playing terrific sets and they've got most of the good collaborators (read De La Soul) on board.

i'll be sussing out peer interest in the Crowdies.

well if it follows the same route as last time, i'm hoping for Brisbane, one Sydney and both Melbournes. but i'm relatively strapped for cash, so that might get cut down to Bris/Melb/Melb or just Melb/Melb, depending when/if tickets go on sale.

i really wish there would be an announcement, because i'd love to see Gorillaz. they're playing terrific sets and they've got most of the good collaborators (read De La Soul) on board.

i'll be sussing out peer interest in the Crowdies.

Well, in that case, even if there is a clash with other concerts, you could possibly work other cities in around them? i.e. if Gorillaz and U2 clash in Melbourne, go to both U2 shows in Sydney instead. I'm probably going to do that if U2 clash with the two Muse shows I already have tickets to.

A number of the Aussie Posse will be at the Melbourne Crowdies gig. Unfortunately, it's seated. No wonder I jumped at going to Sydney and its GA.

Well, in that case, even if there is a clash with other concerts, you could possibly work other cities in around them? i.e. if Gorillaz and U2 clash in Melbourne, go to both U2 shows in Sydney instead. I'm probably going to do that if U2 clash with the two Muse shows I already have tickets to.

A number of the Aussie Posse will be at the Melbourne Crowdies gig. Unfortunately, it's seated. No wonder I jumped at going to Sydney and its GA.

i would probably give up Gorillaz and go to both Melbournes in that case. i couldn't stand the thought of missing out on U2 in my home town, and besides, i'd have to pay for air fares and accomodation and it's just dawned on me i think i'd be on my own in Sydney :lol:

the gig at Rod Laver in 07 was seated as well i think? yes, because Neil had to keep berating until the some of them finally got up. god almighty i hate people sitting down.

i would probably give up Gorillaz and go to both Melbournes in that case. i couldn't stand the thought of missing out on U2 in my home town, and besides, i'd have to pay for air fares and accomodation and it's just dawned on me i think i'd be on my own in Sydney :lol:
kheen would probably be in sydney :flirt:

the gig at Rod Laver in 07 was seated as well i think? yes, because Neil had to keep berating until the some of them finally got up. god almighty i hate people sitting down.

I did some of Vertigo alone and it's not as bad as it seems - met some really cool people in line in Auckland especially.

And yeah, Rod Laver was seated last time. They CAN do a standing floor there, and Neil seems to prefer standing, so god knows why it's seated again.

you know what's disgusting - at the Florence gig at Festival Hall a few days ago, my mates were in the seated section, and they WEREN'T ALLOWED TO STAND UP. if they tried, security told them to sit down.

it made me blood boil just hearing about it.

:reject:

you know what's disgusting - at the Florence gig at Festival Hall a few days ago, my mates were in the seated section, and they WEREN'T ALLOWED TO STAND UP. if they tried, security told them to sit down.

it made me blood boil just hearing about it.

That's stupid... we were standing in the seated bits for Kasabian there the other week. The moment they came on, everyone stood up. Those seats are bloody uncomfortable anyway!

One other thing about ticket-buying... if you're planning gigs in different cities, and they're being sold through different ticket agencies, and you know someone in the other city, ask them to queue up for tix for the city they're not in, if that makes sense.

Example: For the Vertigo tour, Sydney tickets were sold through Ticketek and Melb through Ticketmaster. I had friends in Sydney who were coming to Melb, so they queued at TM in Syd to buy our Melb tickets, and I queued at Ticketek in Melb to buy their Syd ticket. It was a piece of piss, there were six people in the line at Ticketek in Crown at 8:30am, and one of those was confused and thought he was queuing up for Melb tickets... poor bastard.

Of course, things may not often work out like that, but it's awesome if they do.

ahhhhhhh... that is ridiculously smart. will keep that in mind... though i doubt everyone will be too skeptical to do that.

:reject:

That's stupid... we were standing in the seated bits for Kasabian there the other week. The moment they came on, everyone stood up. Those seats are bloody uncomfortable anyway!

you stood up with me though! and i couldn't stand up for much because i was the only one in that section :lol:

it's such a shit venue. went there on Thurs to see LCD Soundsystem & Hot Chip... luckily they're dance acts and almost everyone was up. we were front row unlicensed as well, so there was plenty of room to dance.

just saw cobls post re Florence . .. that is mighty disappointing . . . booooooooo . . . still poking self with a big stick that I was a grown up and paid a bill in favour of tix to her show . . . but that makes me feel slightly better about missing it . . . only slightly

Good chance of a U2 clash with Gorillaz though. But are you aiming to go to EVERY U2 show, or just Melbourne?

:scream: . . . am going to get tickets for Gorillaz anyway and then just wait and see . . . I am reasonably confident that I could offload Gorillaz if I have too . . . get to flex my ticket buying internet skillz for the first time in a while this morning :hyper: . . . .test run

financially, am very pleased we have no announcement yet . . . just need U2 tix to be on sale after the 15th and it will all be sweet :D

Got this from a story that's posted on atu2.com...

The all-time gross record will probably come next year for U2, or perhaps sooner. Neither Fogel nor McGuinness would confirm speculation that the band will head to Australia and New Zealand for a series of shows following Europe.

This was from an interview only a day ago. Does that really sound like we are only days away from a tour announcement? If we were you would think McGuinness would say "Yes we are going to Australia." Why keep it secret for a few days?

I'm at least going to do all east coast aussies shows. If Perth or Adelaide are added as well, I'd try to go to one of those as well.

Considering Auckland too. Will probably end any chance of having a U2011 as well. but hey, I might not be allowed to do this ever again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom