2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
Estadio Unico looks like a cool stadium, though. I assume they will have finished building the roof by March:

I hope to hell that they haven't finished the roof - plays havoc with the sound - or if they have sealed it in that Joe O at least brings a can-opener!

Wembley 1 last year (roof closed) sounded shite compared with 2 (roof open) from where we were.

well, there were people lining up since Sunday... and the 1st show was on Wednesday... :|

At least Santiago doesn't have any problems with which stadium to use, like in Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo (and Rio). U2 timed this leg of the tour badly, they should have come to South America last year before the World Cup stadium renovations started in Brazil (and before Bono's back gave out, though he was probably hurting last March already).

I am glad to hear that fans in Santiago don't spend three days waiting in line, like in Mexico. That was the one thing about these shows I was concerned about. This gives me a chance to see other things in Chile besides the Estadio Nacional parking lot jijiji :wink:

I hope to hell that they haven't finished the roof - plays havoc with the sound - or if they have sealed it in that Joe O at least brings a can-opener!

Wembley 1 last year (roof closed) sounded shite compared with 2 (roof open) from where we were.

Hey Paul,
I think that photo is doctored to show what the roof will look like once it's finished. From what Wikipedia says, the roof will only cover the football spectators, not the entire pitch:

Estadio Ciudad de La Plata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully, the sound isn't as bad as it was inside Wembley last year.

Are you going to the South America shows, too?

Hey Paul,
I think that photo is doctored to show what the roof will look like once it's finished. From what Wikipedia says, the roof will only cover the football spectators, not the entire pitch:

Estadio Ciudad de La Plata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully, the sound isn't as bad as it was inside Wembley last year.

Are you going to the South America shows, too?

That sounds better!

I would dearly love to go to the South America shows - but don't think we'll be able to just yet. If they'd go ahead and announce Europe then definitely not, if no Europe then South America looks very attractive - especially that time of year.

That sounds better!

I would dearly love to go to the South America shows - but don't think we'll be able to just yet. If they'd go ahead and announce Europe then definitely not, if no Europe then South America looks very attractive - especially that time of year.

That's right; the weather is gorgeous around that time of the year over here. It's warm but not that warm, so queueing is not under the sun is not that bad.

NEWS!!!!

U2Start twitter
U2brazil proclames U2 will play Sao Paulo on April 8, 9 & 10th of 2011. Let's hope this time it's confirmed 100%!! Rumor: Jornal anuncia datas dos shows em São Paulo | U2 Brasil #U2

U2start.com (U2start) on Twitter

And according to this twitter, U2 will return to Argentina on March 31 in River Plate Stadium

Atentos los fans de U2: la banda de Bono retorna a Argentina después de 5 años. El día: 31 de marzo en River. ¡¡Confirmado¡¡¡

http://twitter.com/Sebasrur

Ooooh yeahhhh best present ever :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:!!!!!

Sabes en que porcentaje es seguro que toquen en el Estadio Unico??? por mi que lo hicieran en river, me queda a media hora en colectivo nomas, pero bueno por el tema del campo sentado se complica parece.

Segun lo que me dijeron, ponele en un 90% seguro. A mi tambien me vendria genial que sea en River porque me tome el 15 y en 20 minutos estoy. ¡Qué paja me da irme hasta La Plata! :angry: Las cosas que una tiene que hacer por estos tipos. :D

NEWS!!!!

U2Start twitter
U2brazil proclames U2 will play Sao Paulo on April 8, 9 & 10th of 2011. Let's hope this time it's confirmed 100%!! Rumor: Jornal anuncia datas dos shows em São Paulo | U2 Brasil #U2

And according to this twitter, U2 will return to Argentina on March 31 in River Plate Stadium

Atentos los fans de U2: la banda de Bono retorna a Argentina después de 5 años. El día: 31 de marzo en River. ¡¡Confirmado¡¡¡

Sebastián Srur (Sebasrur) on Twitter

The same day rumours come out that U2 will close World Cup 2014, also taking place in Brazil. :|

How many rumours about Latin America have we had in the past year? :waiting:

Let's hope... but I'm suspicious of the 3 consecutive nights - they almost always have at least one night off in such a schedule.

Yeah, I'm very dubious of that.

That said, the Vertigo Tour is the only completed U2 tour to date when they DIDN'T play 3 nights in a row at some point. They haven't done three nights in a row regularly since 1989, but they have done it when necessary.

A 3rd show in Sao Paulo is likely, especially if Rio de Janeiro is not going to be played. As for 3 shows in 3 days, I don't know. I'm sure they would do it if it were absolutely necessary, due to things like stadium/crew availability, or even band availability. The Police did a few 3 shows in a row on the 07-08 tour, with Sting and Stewart being in their mid 50s and Andy being in his MID 60s!

NEWS!!!!

U2Start twitter

This Brazil tweet also says the shows will be held at Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo. But, isn't Morumbi scheduled for closure later this year for reconstruction in preparation for the Confederations Cup in 2013?

Or, did U2 persuade the right people to keep the stadium open longer so they could play there next April instead of Pacaembu?

This Brazil tweet also says the shows will be held at Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo. But, isn't Morumbi scheduled for closure later this year for reconstruction in preparation for the Confederations Cup in 2013?

Or, did U2 persuade the right people to keep the stadium open longer so they could play there next April instead of Pacaembu?

no! Morumbi Stadium is out of World Cup and Confederation Cup...

possible dates for south america:

18 march - Estadio Nacional - Lima - Peru
25 march - Estadio Nacional - Santiago - Chile
31 march - Estádio do Vélez - Buenos Aires - Argentina
10 april - Estádio do Morumbi - São Paulo - Brasil
21 april - Estádio Beira-Rio - Porto Alegre - Brasil

At least Santiago doesn't have any problems with which stadium to use, like in Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo (and Rio). U2 timed this leg of the tour badly, they should have come to South America last year before the World Cup stadium renovations started in Brazil (and before Bono's back gave out, though he was probably hurting last March already).

I am glad to hear that fans in Santiago don't spend three days waiting in line, like in Mexico. That was the one thing about these shows I was concerned about. This gives me a chance to see other things in Chile besides the Estadio Nacional parking lot jijiji :wink:

well, we aren't THAT crazy... last time at around 7 am there were around 2000 people outside, because everybody wanted to enter the Golden Circle... but that was on a Saturday night-early Sunday morning...

this time the show(s) is (are) on a Friday (and eventually Saturday), so I don't think you'll have problems visiting this city :wink:

well, we aren't THAT crazy... last time at around 7 am there were around 2000 people outside, because everybody wanted to enter the Golden Circle... but that was on a Saturday night-early Sunday morning...

The Golden Circle during the Vertigo Tour was great because you could be the last person inside and still have space to move around between the two B-stages, and also still have a great view of the main stage (except for the Honolulu show, which was overstuffed with late-arriving "VIP" idiots).

With the 360 Tour stage, however, if you get inside the Golden Circle after the first 1200 fans, you will end up far to the left or right side of the stage, with a bad view of either Edge or Adam. We figured that out during our first show in Amsterdam in '09... some Golden Circle locations suck.

We subsequently lined up much earlier than we did on the Vertigo Tour in order to get near the center so we could see the whole band (Pepo, please don't tell anyone in Chile about this, thanks :wink:).

That piece of info is not correct: as the local producer did not get permission to have the shows at River Plate Stadium, it is more than likely that they will take place in La Plata, not Velez Sarsfield Stadium.

And also, they are supposed to play a second gig on April 1st. :D

18 march - Estadio Nacional - Lima - Peru
25 march - Estadio Nacional - Santiago - Chile
10 april - Estádio do Morumbi - São Paulo - Brasil
21 april - Estádio Beira-Rio - Porto Alegre - Brasil

where did this PERU date came from?

and we are getting 2 shows too... March 25 and 26

I told myself last year if they tour in S.America and go to Argentina, I would go. Now I have to make some decisions. :hmm:

That's easy. In the words of Snow Patrol: "Just Say Yes" :)

I've made the decision a long time ago. The only thing I'm waiting for is official confirmation and I'll be booking my flight.
Plus, if I wouldn't go, someone would kill me. At least, that's what she said... :uhoh:
So yeah, I'm forced against my will to witness U2 in South America... :|

:hyper:

Hola, vecino. ¿cómo anda todo del otro lado de la cordillera? :D

aburridos, esperando tener algo de informacion oficial...
para mas, viene Iron Maiden el prox año, en Abril, y a fin de mes venden las entradas... a este ritmo, creo que las de U2 las venderán despues, tipo Diciembre, de "regalo de navidad"

Ya McCartney pasó por allá, falta que se vaya de Brasil, xq hasta ahora eso se lleva la atencion. Eso y que River tenga problemas han complicado esto segun yo.

Ojalá todo se solucione.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom