2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico is going to be much louder than Montreal.

Latin country soccer crowd mentality, 30-40,000 more for each show and partially roofed stadium to keep in all the sound.

Though, there is a chance they'll have extra camera cranes in Montreal. I think Rosebowl was the only show so far with extra cameras, 2/3rds the way through the tour.

Mexico is going to be much louder than Montreal.

Latin country soccer crowd mentality, 30-40,000 more for each show and partially roofed stadium to keep in all the sound.

Though, there is a chance they'll have extra camera cranes in Montreal. I think Rosebowl was the only show so far with extra cameras, 2/3rds the way through the tour.

Very true. I'd love to do Mexico or a South American show, but the wife says NO!
She is not a fan of crazy crowds.

Montreal is going to be EPIC!!! :rockon:

I can pretty much guarantee this. As far as non-Latin crowds go, I would argue that Montreal audiences are the loudest and craziest (and I don't only mean U2. I mean for all sporting and concert events in general). And even though this event is in the open air, rest assured that the noise levels will be deafening.

Haha. No way!

EPIC!!! I say.

Ok, good! *puts club away....* :lol:

I can pretty much guarantee this. As far as non-Latin crowds go, I would argue that Montreal audiences are the loudest and craziest (and I don't only mean U2. I mean for all sporting and concert events in general). And even though this event is in the open air, rest assured that the noise levels will be deafening.

This is what I have heard, and these are the shows I am MOST looking forward too!!:hyper::wink:

This is what I have heard, and these are the shows I am MOST looking forward too!!:hyper::wink :

:hyper: And you have us girls there. :shifty: Girls, Leather, Booze. :shifty: Plans hopefully for TO. Me and Iris keeping an eye on things :shifty::lol::hyper::love:

The crowd should be awesome. :love: Would love Mexico for U2, Snow Patrol, epic crowd combo. Though the crowd camping out for probably a week and the cost to Mexico are what means I can't go. :lmao::sad:

Would be EPIC if I won the lottery though. :love:

I think the combination of U2 and Hawaii is enough to sell out the show.

Agreed! :D

I was forced (LOL) to visit Hawaii twice in 2006 because of the cancellation/postponement.
(I didn't want to cancel my April trip as I had never been there and was lucky enough to be able to return in December for the show)

2011 would be five years since U2's last visit to Hawaii, maybe I can gear up for the 12 hour flight if they add a show there.:hmm:

Agreed! :D

I was forced (LOL) to visit Hawaii twice in 2006 because of the cancellation/postponement.
(I didn't want to cancel my April trip as I had never been there and was lucky enough to be able to return in December for the show)

2011 would be five years since U2's last visit to Hawaii, maybe I can gear up for the 12 hour flight if they add a show there.:hmm:

I was lucky to be able to "add" Hawaii to my schedule because of the postponement.

I did visit New Zealand twice in 2006 though :reject: .

i assume you must like weed? :D

:lol: No, I actually don't touch it. Don't care if others do, in fact, go for it.

It wasn't until one of the Vertigo Auckland shows that I heard someone say "Land of the Long White Cloud" with their fingers up in quotes. :D

I like sailboats and harbors (and smoldering volcanoes). I would live anywhere on the coast from Whitianga to Whaketane.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the only presale this week will be for Mexico City.

it's monday.... why don't we know anything? :angry:

A little birdie has just texted me and told me the following: tickets for the gigs in Buenos Aires will be sold through Ticketek next week or the following at the latest. There will be a special presale for Banco Francés customers. They did not mention a presale for U2.com suscribers. I guess U2.com will announce it directly themselves. So I'm thinking it will go something along the lines of U2.com presale + Banco Francés presale + general sale.

I'm assuming they will use River Plate stadium after all because they did not mention La Plata (I'm just guessing tho, it could be totally the opposite).

A little birdie has just texted me and told me the following: tickets for the gigs in Buenos Aires will be sold through Ticketek next week or the following at the latest. There will be a special presale for Banco Francés customers. They did not mention a presale for U2.com suscribers. I guess U2.com will announce it directly themselves. So I'm thinking it will go something along the lines of U2.com presale + Banco Francés presale + general sale.

I'm assuming they will use River Plate stadium after all because they did not mention La Plata (I'm just guessing tho, it could be totally the opposite).

well, what we know here is that there WILL be a U2.com presale, a bank/store presale, then general sale

but... next week?, the following week? I want the announcement NOW!!!

vas a Argentina esta vez?
yo fui la ultima vez, pero ahora no creo que lo pueda hacer, a menos que suceda un milagro, me gane la loteria o algo asi, jajaj

well, what we know here is that there WILL be a U2.com presale, a bank/store presale, then general sale

but... next week?, the following week? I want the announcement NOW!!!

vas a Argentina esta vez?
yo fui la ultima vez, pero ahora no creo que lo pueda hacer, a menos que suceda un milagro, me gane la loteria o algo asi, jajaj

Well, if we waited this long, one more week won't kill us. :D

¡Vivo en Argentina! Volvi de Dublin hace 3 años. Así que mas vale que los voy a ver en Buenos Aires. Ademas estaba pensando en ir a Chile o a Brasil a verlos, pero no se si me da la $$$$.

and did the birdie tell you by any chance if the rumoured dates are accurate?

Fer, congratulations on getting 3 shows for DF!

Are you also going to the the South America shows? I'm considering seeing all six (Chile, Argentina and Brasil), let me know if you have any tips for hotels near the stadiums.

Thanks, Niamh_Saoirse! Ticketek does not show anything for U2, yet....

Ticketek Argentina

Patience, patience

Fer, congratulations on getting 3 shows for DF!

Are you also going to the the South America shows? I'm considering seeing all six (Chile, Argentina and Brasil), let me know if you have any tips for hotels near the stadiums.

Hey there! :wave:

I live in Buenos Aires, so if you are planning to come to Argentina for the gigs and need some help or recommendations regarding accommodation and stuff like that, let me know. I'll be glad to help. :)

and did the birdie tell you by any chance if the rumoured dates are accurate?

:hmm:

I got in touch with the birdie again (the birdie works in a ticket outlet) and it said that they were told to get ready for a week of pure madness because the Banco Frances pre-sale and the general sale for the U2 gigs was coming up and there'll be lots of work. The bosses did not confirm the dates tho. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom