2011 MLB Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a strange decision from an otherwise very rational front office. Is it Francona's fault that the pitching staff collapsed or that Carl Crawford left his baseball skills with Desmond Jennings?

Tito and Theo Epstein held a post-mortem press conference yesterday. Tito spoke cryptically about clubhouse problems and other concerns about which he felt he didn't have sufficient backing from the front office, and normally he never talks about these things to the press (caveat: I'm garnering most of this from SOSH, so this is a third-hand interpretation of things). So I have to believe that this is at least in part Tito's decision.

Terry Francona- All good things must end. He's definitely a great manager and I'm sure he won't be unemployed too long. I feel badly for the guy that has to replace him.

He's one of the most likable guys in the Red Sox, very classy. Plus, he doesn't bunt (at least not nearly as often as other teams). That alone gets my praises.

In other news, it's crazy how well the Tigers match up with the Yankees. The only LH pitcher in the staff is Phil Coke. That means lots of Jorge Posada and the LH versions of Teixeira and Swisher. Not to mention Miggy's .374/.439/.729 career line against the Yankees. V-Mart is no slouch against them either.

H
In other news, it's crazy how well the Tigers match up with the Yankees. The only LH pitcher in the staff is Phil Coke. That means lots of Jorge Posada and the LH versions of Teixeira and Swisher. Not to mention Miggy's .374/.439/.729 career line against the Yankees. V-Mart is no slouch against them either.

I'm looking forward to some seriously good baseball from this series.

IBD_MLB_Playoff_Map.jpg

No official word on Francona yet.

He'll land with the White Sox if he wants to manage in 2012, he may want to take a year off.

Theo should follow him to Chicago and take over the Cubs, he is more of an issue than Francona by a wide margin.

Buzz is that Youkilis may have been a big dugout/clubhouse problem late in the season.

Josh Hamilton just bunted Andrus to 2nd with the Rangers losing by 8. What is wrong with the world?

Good job starting this game, MLB. Ruining the best pitching matchup of the DS.

PhilsFan said:
I'll be so goddamn pissed if the Rays make the Series. They're the worst franchise in America.

The franchise it's self is actually probably the best in all of baseball, if not all of sports. Nobody does more with less.

But I agree, it is a disgrace that they play in a market that has no business whatsoever having a professional baseball team.

The franchise it's self is actually probably the best in all of baseball, if not all of sports. Nobody does more with less.

But I agree, it is a disgrace that they play in a market that has no business whatsoever having a professional baseball team.

That how I feel about them, which is why I was curious why Peef was so hard on them. Their fans/market is Godawful, but I think they're a great team that really built from the ground up to something that's been pretty great the last few seasons.

The front office is really well run, possibly by magicians, but that's totally beside the point. Tampa is a horrible, horrible city of people that does not deserve this team.

Thanks to the rain interruption, AJ Burnett will have to start in the division series. Fuck.

Buzz is that Youkilis may have been a big dugout/clubhouse problem late in the season.

I'd give him a partial pass because he played hurt a good portion of the last two years. Maybe they should have had him sequestered in the same rehab facility in Arizona that they sent Ellsbury to.

My guess is that the biggest turds in the punchbowl were (in roughly descending order) Beckett, Ortiz, Lackey, Varitek, and Lester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom