2011 MLB Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed Josh Hamilton's bunt last night, but it is hilarious that people are trying to defend it.

Scherzer has a no hitter going. Scherzer has a no hitter going. Scherzer has a no hitter going. Scherzer has a no hitter going.

IBD_MLB_Playoff_Map.jpg

*snerk*

[rant mode on] As a side note, I just wanted to say that as a female sports fan, pink ANYTHING - jerseys, hats, socks, whatever - is an abomination and an insult to female fans, and I want to smack the merchandising departments of all major sports for it! :madwife: Unless it's a one game thing for breast cancer - where the pink would be understandable - NO PINK JERSEYS!!

Dear MLB,

Female sports fans want the same thing as male sports fans - our team to win, and jerseys that fit that are - shock of shocks - the actual official colours! Pink team merchandise is NOT going to get more female fans into the stadium, and is both condescending ("here little girl, we have pink for you!") and insulting (do you think we can be bribed with the promise of 'girly' jerseys?), so kindly cease and desist immediately.

No love,
The girl who has been watching the Jays since 1982
[/rant mode off]

*snerk*

[rant mode on] As a side note, I just wanted to say that as a female sports fan, pink ANYTHING - jerseys, hats, socks, whatever - is an abomination and an insult to female fans, and I want to smack the merchandising departments of all major sports for it! :madwife: Unless it's a one game thing for breast cancer - where the pink would be understandable - NO PINK JERSEYS!!

Dear MLB,

Female sports fans want the same thing as male sports fans - our team to win, and jerseys that fit that are - shock of shocks - the actual official colours! Pink team merchandise is NOT going to get more female fans into the stadium, and is both condescending ("here little girl, we have pink for you!") and insulting (do you think we can be bribed with the promise of 'girly' jerseys?), so kindly cease and desist immediately.

No love,
The girl who has been watching the Jays since 1982
[/rant mode off]

You haven't seen the sales figures in Boston.

Humility and competitiveness usually don't mesh too well together in sports.

Funny though, Headache. You note that it often gets overlooked... it's quite the opposite for someone like Sidney 'Crybaby' Crosby as some call him.

1. Since when does the Cardinals bullpen get outs? Oh right, when the Phillies go into their shell a la Game 6 last year.

2. How many fucking pitchers do the Cards have in their bullpen? La Russa has done approximately 40 double switches in the last four innings.

yeah. can't see why the phillies fans need to be worried.

it's not like they are going up against the probable cy young winner and have their least dependable starter throwing in the next game

trade ya places?

You probably shouldn't be. Great pitching usually beats great hitting as long as the team with great pitching has averageish hitting and that's what the Phillies have.
The Phillies don't have averagish hitting, they have streaky hitting. The bats are always a concern because they can always go cold.

28 pitches and 3 walks in the first inning. not a good start

God knows why I've been watching the Colts-Bucs game, but did Detroit just make a defensive sub in the sixth inning with a 1-run lead?

Any team can say that at any time.
To an extent, yes, of course that's true. That's why you use the adjective for those teams with more extreme streakiness. The Phillies are one of those teams that can light it up and then shut it down, even in the course of the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom