2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunset and stage placement could be an issue. Or it could just rain all day.

It's not likely to rain at the end of June.

Hey, the concert is happening right around the solstice - there's light in the sky past 10:00! I'm more worried about it still being light out when the show starts. :wink:

I'm looking forward to a twilight show . . . although it would have been preferable to have the city skyline behind the stage. :drool:

I may also get tickets to the Cubs-Mariners game a couple of nights later.

The convoy of trucks is another story.

I agree. There's no reason to search them for their official stated business, but customs randomly(and un-randomly) looks for unofficial/undeclared things as well - e.g. contraband transported along with legitimate goods.

A zillion trucks cross the borders daily. Only a very tiny fraction are searched. I can't see U2's being on their radar, is what I was getting at. :)

And I agree with you, except that there only has to be one issue with a truck or one problem with a person to cause a delay at the ultimate destination and maybe, just maybe the persons in charge of planning the logistics of this tour are not willing to leave that to chance, and thus might add 1 extra day to this process as opposed to what they might have done prior to 9-11.

If you don't think that there has been any change in policies regarding border crossings from both Canada and Mexico particularly in the area of cargo since 2001, you are mistaken.

I wonder how many of those zillion trucks that cross the border daily would have any multimillion implications should they not arrive to their destination in time.

Last edited:
Maybe the horrible traffic situation in Foxborough IS a big reason why the band isnt coming back. I know a lot of people felt that way.Looks like their (the owners) trying to do something about it. This should help alleviate a huge amount of traffic around the area. The reason it takes so long to get out is because the police continually stop traffic to allow people to cross the road after events at Gillette.

Panel approves $9M Patriots footbridge at Gillette Stadium

"BOSTON - A state panel has given approval to use $9 million in federal stimulus funds for a pedestrian bridge sought by the wealthy owner of the New England Patriots.
The span over Route 1 would help pedestrians cross parking lots outside Gillette Stadium.and connect the Patriot Place mall with an office park being proposed by team owner Robert Kraft.
The Metropolitan Planning Organization approved it Friday by a 13-1 vote.
Critics have questioned giving the money to a billionaire, and using funds intended for shovel-ready projects on an office park that will not be immediately built.
Kraft and his wife, Myra, have recently stepped up their political donations to Gov. Deval Patrick, but the governor says the state is supporting the bridge because it will leverage job creation."

Was someone talking about July 14 being in play?? That would be great if it was....:hyper:

There was a lot of talk here about a Baltimore show on 14 July (or very remotely, Boston).

If (a big if) U2 was to add a show on the 14th, it seems like the Ohio market or close to it (Pittsburgh) would be ripe.

Now, I'm just curious if there will be something between Edmonton and Mpls. (or after). I doubt Mpls. will get a second show, but if they did want to add one, June 26 would make way more sense from a ticket standpoint (being a Saturday night).

(sorry for all of the parentheses)

(wait, no I'm not)

Mark

There was a lot of talk here about a Baltimore show on 14 July (or very remotely, Boston).

If (a big if) U2 was to add a show on the 14th, it seems like the Ohio market or close to it (Pittsburgh) would be ripe.

Now, I'm just curious if there will be something between Edmonton and Mpls. (or after). I doubt Mpls. will get a second show, but if they did want to add one, June 26 would make way more sense from a ticket standpoint (being a Saturday night).

(wait, no I'm not)

Mark

Thanks for the insight! I do hope that you are right about July 14 and another possible date somewhere on June 26! This is just proving that the people of the midwest want U2! That would be fantastic!

(wait, no I'm not)

Mark

No apologies needed for parentheses, I happen to think they serve a mighty purpose!:lol:

This just came across the wire... so there goes that June 26 theory....

U2 to headline Glastonbury
The Sun, November 22, 2009

Michael Eavis promised something special for Glastonbury's 40th birthday next year -- and boy has he delivered.

U2 will headline on Friday night -- the first time the Irish rockers have ever played the festival.

It will be a career highlight for both Glasto founder Michael and U2 frontman Bono, who have been circling each other making loving noises for quite a while now.

A source said: "Everyone is over the moon that the deal has been done.

"Michael really wanted a huge name for the 40th anniversary and the fact U2 have never played Glastonbury in their 32-year career only adds to the mystique.

"In fact Eavis has been asking them for a while now and really stepped up the effort this year. This could be an iconic moment."

U2 cunningly left a gap in their U.S. tour schedule for the gig, which will take place on Friday, June 25.

Earlier this year Bono said of Glasto: "I know lots of people want us to play.

"It's something we're working up our whole life to do. We really, really want to do this."

With U2 in the bag and more big names to follow, this could end up being the best Glasto in an illustrious 40-year history.

Pledged
The event sold out in hours last month before even one act had been announced, and Michael and daughter Emily are determined to give fans an all-star line-up.

He has pledged there will be "three or four superstars" adding: "The expectations are really high and we're trying to get the best headliners in the world."

The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, David Bowie, Muse and even Led Zeppelin are among those rumoured to be in the running for spots.

Let's just hope the weather stays nice.

The Sun, November 22, 2009

Michael Eavis promised something special for Glastonbury's 40th birthday next year -- and boy has he delivered.

U2 will headline on Friday night -- the first time the Irish rockers have ever played the festival.

It will be a career highlight for both Glasto founder Michael and U2 frontman Bono, who have been circling each other making loving noises for quite a while now.

"Michael really wanted a huge name for the 40th anniversary and the fact U2 have never played Glastonbury in their 32-year career only adds to the mystique.

"In fact Eavis has been asking them for a while now and really stepped up the effort this year. This could be an iconic moment."

U2 cunningly left a gap in their U.S. tour schedule for the gig, which will take place on Friday, June 25.

"It's something we're working up our whole life to do. We really, really want to do this."

With U2 in the bag and more big names to follow, this could end up being the best Glasto in an illustrious 40-year history.

Pledged
The event sold out in hours last month before even one act had been announced, and Michael and daughter Emily are determined to give fans an all-star line-up.

He has pledged there will be "three or four superstars" adding: "The expectations are really high and we're trying to get the best headliners in the world."

The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, David Bowie, Muse and even Led Zeppelin are among those rumoured to be in the running for spots.

U2 playing Glastonbury

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet...

U2 to headline Glastonbury | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

Pledged

So from Edmonton on the 23rd to Glastonbury on the 25th and back to the Twin Cities on the 27th?! Yikes...that's like 16k by air, which seems pretty harsh even if you're on a private jet.

I`ve just read this on @u2.

I`m a bit peeved as I`m on holiday in Turkey and would have loved to go as it really promises to be something special. Probably not as peeved as I would have been though if I hadn`t been out of the country and didn`t have a ticket like many I suspect!

Oh well I hope they make a dvd of it :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom