2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:O Makes me totally wish i was there. Hopefully they won't be too tired from the back and forth US and Britain.

2010-06-23 - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Commonwealth Stadium
2010-06-25 - Glastonbury, England - Glastonbury Festival
2010-06-27 - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - TCF Bank Stadium

Yeah, I don't buy it. U2 don't like doing shows with only one day in between... much less in three different countries... much less when the middle show is separated by over three thousand miles from the other two, in another continent... much less when a second Edmonton show was penciled in on the twenty-fourth when this scheduling was taking place (but seems to have been dropped now).

However, if the European tour was happening in June, I think this would be an incredibly smart move on U2's part, so they don't have to deal with the expectations of re-selling-out Wembley or whatever when the UK market is somewhat unfriendly to them right now, they'd get a lot of publicity, and they'd get a guaranteed audience of 80,000+.

And good God, if Bowie, U2, Coldplay, and Muse were all there, even I would do my best to go!

Maybe the horrible traffic situation in Foxborough IS a big reason why the band isnt coming back. I know a lot of people felt that way.Looks like their (the owners) trying to do something about it. This should help alleviate a huge amount of traffic around the area. The reason it takes so long to get out is because the police continually stop traffic to allow people to cross the road after events at Gillette.

Panel approves $9M Patriots footbridge at Gillette Stadium

"BOSTON - A state panel has given approval to use $9 million in federal stimulus funds for a pedestrian bridge sought by the wealthy owner of the New England Patriots.
The span over Route 1 would help pedestrians cross parking lots outside Gillette Stadium.and connect the Patriot Place mall with an office park being proposed by team owner Robert Kraft.
The Metropolitan Planning Organization approved it Friday by a 13-1 vote.
Critics have questioned giving the money to a billionaire, and using funds intended for shovel-ready projects on an office park that will not be immediately built.
Kraft and his wife, Myra, have recently stepped up their political donations to Gov. Deval Patrick, but the governor says the state is supporting the bridge because it will leverage job creation."

I don't think it was the traffic. I think unfortunately they have saturated Boston area with the two shows already. :sad:

Several other cities had horrible traffic issues, people abandoning cars on highways and major train backups.......:doh:

Don't even get me started on that footbridge. The Krafts should be paying for it...not taxpayers. :down:

As I posted in another thread, it's The Sun. Not the most credible source. They've run plenty of false U2 "news" in the past, and any correlations their reports may have with reality are sheer coincidence.

The Sun is normally spot on with big announcements like this, it's Britain's most read newspaper by quite a long way. They also seem to have a good relationship with U2, I'd be very surprised if this didn't turn out to be true.

I will wage a personal war against The Sun if this turns out to be bull. It's a fairly big article though so they would look pretty daft surely if it turned out to be completely false. I just wish U2 would either confirm or deny it right now.

The Sun and its annual U2 to play Glastonbury rumour:lol:

Only thing that makes me think this may have a bit of credability is that it would have been easy for the paper to liberally sprinkle a few 'rumours' and 'allegedlies' into the article, but they seem pretty confident:hmm:

The Sun is normally spot on with big announcements like this, it's Britain's most read newspaper by quite a long way. They also seem to have a good relationship with U2, I'd be very surprised if this didn't turn out to be true.

Bono even went so far as to mention The Sun in the lyrics to Last Night On Earth - "she's at the bus stop with the News of the World and The Sun" thus cementing a favourable relationship with at least one horse in the Murdoch stable.

Yep, it's on U2.com.

U2 will play Glastonbury next year, the 40th anniversary of the festival.

Friday June 25th, the opening night of the fortieth Glastonbury Festival, is the day to mark in your festival calendars. It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year.

Festival organiser Michael Eavis said: "I promised the the best possible line-up for the show next year and the confirmation that U2 will play their first ever Glastonbury - and their first major festival gig since the early 1980s - is fantastic news.

"We've been trying for years... And now we've finally made it happen. I'm sure they will pull out all the stops to make next year's Glastonbury the most memorable ever."

"At last, the biggest band in the world are going to play the best festival in the world! Nothing could be better for our 40th anniversary party. And there are even more surprises in the pipeline.."

Promoter John Giddings said on Twitter: "It is true, U2 headline the Fri night at Glastonbury. They fly back for the weekend in the middle of their US tour."

'Glasto' which takes place on Michael Eavis' dairy farm in Somerset, is the most well-known arts and music festival in the world. Last year Neil Young, Blur and Bruce Springsteen headlined.

Bollix - won't be seeing them next year then :angry:

Not happy with them only doing an already sold out festival (at least will be on BBC)

ARS.E.. :angry::angry::angry::down:

i don't understand why there is no uk/ireland tour scheduled for 2010.

ok. i realise they played a few gigs this year but i thought they would be adding more this year? obviously not!

Well I have to take back my words...

If it's on u2.com and the Glastonbury festival website, I believe it :)

But I think it's really weird this... In the middle of their North American leg of the 360 Tour, and then with such a tight schedule...

Now I hope they will play more festivals in Europe...haha
Last year Bruce Springsteen played besides Glastonbury also the Dutch Pinkpop Festival. How great would that be!!!!

Well I have to take back my words...

If it's on u2.com and the Glastonbury festival website, I believe it :)

But I think it's really weird this... In the middle of their North American leg of the 360 Tour, and then with such a tight schedule...

Yep, as I said in the other thread, I have to eat my words too. Quite taken aback this is happening. Every year you hear the rumours and quickly dismiss it. Minneapolis being confirmed seemed to put paid to a 2010 Glasto appearance!

U2 are going to be fucking exhausted.

^ Yep, they will be dead.

Hope they are able to sleep in planes... and they will not have time to develop a jetlag...

although Edmonton is practically sold out, this probably rules out a 2nd show.

Ok now we know no more UK dates, are there any rumours of further places in Europe getting announced? There isn't any announced for Holland yet as far as I can tell?

Pretty hard to navigate around some of these Europe ticket sites not knowing the language lol

Ok now we know no more UK dates, are there any rumours of further places in Europe getting announced? There isn't any announced for Holland yet as far as I can tell?

Pretty hard to navigate around some of these Europe ticket sites not knowing the language lol

Still on the cards for an announcement are Zurich (early/mid September?), San Sebastian (26 September 2010), and Italian dates to kick off the leg in early August.

Yep, as I said in the other thread, I have to eat my words too. Quite taken aback this is happening. Every year you hear the rumours and quickly dismiss it. Minneapolis being confirmed seemed to put paid to a 2010 Glasto appearance!

U2 are going to be fucking exhausted.

I think U2 will be up for the Mpls. show, but I'd be pissed about attending the Edmonton show. Given the time change, everyone is going to be checking their watches so that they can jet out of there quickly to make it to the U.K.

Who do U2 think they are, some sort of young, international rock band? :lol:

I am wondering if there will be new presales/general sales announced today.

It's getting time for Moscow, Zurich, San Sebastian, Roma/Torino, Oakland2?, Mexico city announcements!

If 14 July seems to be in play, what about an Ohio date or Pittsburgh?

A July 14th show would mean 5 shows in 4 cities in 8 days. I don't think that has been done on this tour. It seems like it would be grueling for the crew, and I think the 14th will not see a show.

A July 14th show would mean 5 shows in 4 cities in 8 days. I don't think that has been done on this tour. It seems like it would be grueling for the crew, and I think the 14th will not see a show.

There is always a new excuse why they can't do a show on the 14th
after multiple other ones have already been knocked down. We all know that the need for 9 days in between shows for each individual CLAW is rubish.

There is always a new excuse why they can't do a show on the 14th
after multiple other ones have already been knocked down. We all know that the need for 9 days in between shows for each individual CLAW is rubish.

I'm not familiar with "excuses being knocked down" or what you're referring to here. 9 days between shows is not something I've ever mentioned. You mention excuses being knocked down, but haven't provided anything but speculation that Baltimore will be played on the 14th.

I'm not familiar with "excuses being knocked down" or what you're referring to here. 9 days between shows is not something I've ever mentioned. .

No, not 9 days between shows, 9 days between the use of each Claw for a show in a different city. Also, you said they could not play Baltimore because there was ONLY 7 DAYS BETWEEN MIAMI AND MONTREAL! That excuse got knocked down when it was shown that U2 had already done multiple shows where the CLAW only had a 7 days in between cities. Example 1 Norman Oklahoma to Pasedena California. Your next excuse after that was knocked down was to dicuss how fast the truck drivers could travel out west vs. to east coast. It would be an understatement to say that you are reaching there with that one.

You mention excuses being knocked down, but haven't provided anything but speculation that Baltimore will be played on the 14th

Well, thats all anyone can provide until the band officially confirms it. In contrast, you keep providing reasons why there can't be a show on July 14th which continue to get knocked down by the facts of what they have already done on tour.

Here is the latest one:

You claimed U2 had never done 5 shows in 4 cities in 8 days basically saying that the following schedule would not be possible:

Miami July 9
Philadelphia July 12
1 show July 14
Montreal 1 July 16
Montreal 2 July 17

Well, look what I found:

London 1 August 14
London 2 August 15
Glasgow August 18
Sheffield August 20
Cardiff August 22

Thats 5 shows, 4 cities, in 8 days. Another excuse Knocked down.

I hope the Minneapolis show doesn't suffer. I don't want to take my parents to the show to "show off" U2 to them ... and have them give a bad show!

.... although, it's not like my parents would notice, since they've never seen them before. :shifty:

Your next excuse after that was knocked down was to dicuss how fast the truck drivers could travel out west vs. to east coast. It would be an understatement to say that you are reaching there with that one.
Here is the latest one:

I don't consider that "knocked down", although you might. You also mentioned they flew the claw to Dublin, which they didn't,
and that there would be a 2nd Philly show, which there won't.

Well, look what I found:

London 1 August 14
London 2 August 15
Glasgow August 18
Sheffield August 20
Cardiff August 22

Thats 5 shows, 4 cities, in 8 days. Another excuse Knocked down.

That's 9 days (14-22nd versus 12-19th), not 8. Learn to subtract.

I don't consider that "knocked down", although you might. You also mentioned they flew the claw to Dublin, which they didn't,
and that there would be a 2nd Philly show, which there won't.

I said there would be a 2nd Philly show IF the first one soldout or came very close to selling out the first day! Big difference.

That's 9 days (14-22nd versus 12-19th), not 8. Learn to subtract

Learn to substract? Maybe you should. 22 minus 14 = 8

19 minus 12 = 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom