2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on twitter people are saying the South American leg is going to start in April now for U2 and metallica will be in SA in January.

u2chile.net has rumored dates of:
April 11 and 12 - Sao Paulo - Morumbi Stadium
April 15 - Rio de Janeiro - Maracana
April 18 and 19 - Buenos Aires - Estadio Monumental de River Plate
April 22 - Santiago - Estadio Nacional

I thought they would use just two claws for South America, but if they do, that's an awfully tight schedule (assuming it is correct) ... only five full days of downtime between Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires for claw one, and six between Rio and Santiago for claw two. Those cities aren't exactly close together either! So three claws? One for Sao Paulo and Santiago, one for Rio, and one for Buenos Aires.

Yes, METALLICA plays here on January 26

The fact that U2 finishes here makes it great for a 2nd show on the 23rd.

What it SUCKS is that the shows are on weekdays (thursday)

So if the tour will be SA, NA, Europe, then the Pacific, does anyone know the time it would take to ship the CLAWs from Europe to New Zealand or Australia? Or would they go across Asia to Japan and then ANZ?

I assume the CLAW parts could only go by cargo ship or train and not by air.

Awesome if this is true! But, talk about underplayng the South American market...figured Live Nation could do better than this.

Yeah ... I was hoping they might go to a country they hadn't visited, for one thing. Surely they could do gigs in Peru and Uruguay at the very least.

Yeah ... I was hoping they might go to a country they hadn't visited, for one thing. Surely they could do gigs in Peru and Uruguay at the very least.

Hopefully those are the only confirmed shows and there will be a couple more at least like you said either in Peru or Uruguay or wherever else. I guess if sales go well in Santiago, they can always add another show. Madonna played to 146,242 in Santiago on her sticky and sweet tour I don't see why U2 couldn't.

Is S. America getting less dates on 360 compared to Vertigo and Popmart ?

This is still speculation and rumor, but as it looks perhaps yes compared to popmart I think, but no compared to the vertigo tour, but we still have to remember with the 360 configuration they are playing to a lot more people per show than the vertigo and popmart tour. Also, if the dates are true, more shows can be added perhaps.

Is S. America getting less dates on 360 compared to Vertigo and Popmart ?

No. Vertigo had two in Sao Paulo, two in Buenos Aires, and one in Santiago. Assuming the rumour is correct, 360 will be the same, plus a show in Rio. (Popmart will thus continue to have the most shows, as it had three in Buenos Aires, not two.)

If you're talking about all of Latin America, the amount of shows should end up equal, with the addition of Rio making up the numbers in place of Monterrey.

This is cool though..if you add up the capacities for all six stadiums it is 444,001 and all of them have an olympic field with the exception of Rio's Maracana, so potentially they could play to over 500,000 people in just those 6 shows.

If these dates turn out to be true, it will totally fuck up my holiday plans. I really hope they play in Argentina next October or November instead of April 'cus otherwise the hubby will end up divorcing me. lol.

And yeah, Metallica is playing in Buenos Aires on January 21st. I'm really excited about it as I have already bought my tickets! Yay! :hyper:

Santiago getting 1 show and BA getting 2 like the last time, makes people of PERU and URUGUAY and PARAGUAY move to our countries and fill up the stadium... a lot of people from those countries were in Chile and Argentina...

the interesting thin is... the only way for RIO and Buenos Aires to get an extra show is making it BEFORE, but 3 days in a ROW makes it a little unlikely for them... so SANTIAGO has the most chances of getting a 2nd show on the 23rd

If PERU or URUGUAY got any shows, sales on Chile and Argentina could suffer.

Besides, we're cooler :cool:
And it seems that for some reason, U2 loves Chile (or at least Bono)

I want SO badly to get a 2nd show, so I can watch the show form the stands too. It seems really unlikely for me to go to Argentina again. :sad:

Hawaii

axver......any chances U2 will return to the BIG island of hawaii during the new zealand/australia gigs..........

axver......any chances U2 will return to the BIG island of hawaii during the new zealand/australia gigs..........

I wouldn't be optimistic at this stage. No rumours of substance, and the Vertigo gig was one of the weakest selling of the whole tour - with the heightened capacity and cost of 360, that doesn't bode well.

That said, U2 clearly had a blast, it would sell just as well as some of the gigs they ARE doing in 2010 (see: the three German shows), and it's not totally out of the question, especially if it can slot into the schedule comfortably.

That said, U2 clearly had a blast, it would sell just as well as some of the gigs they ARE doing in 2010 (see: the three German shows), and it's not totally out of the question, especially if it can slot into the schedule comfortably.

You talk about the German shows, and indeed they sell horrible. What about those in Athens and Istanbul? I can't believe that ALL categories (except the cheapest in Athens) are still available.

GA's for Athens and Istanbul: still no problem! I don't get that!?

You talk about the German shows, and indeed they sell horrible. What about those in Athens and Istanbul? I can't believe that ALL categories (except the cheapest in Athens) are still available.

GA's for Athens and Istanbul: still no problem! I don't get that!?

Really? Holy shit! I hadn't even checked lately. I'd kind of just assumed they'd sold.

It was to be expected that the German shows don't sell quickly. U2 just played in Germany and the shows are still so far away. Plus three shows is a lot - too much if you ask me, even though I'm looking forward to all three shows. Berlin and Gelsenkirchen were slow sellers, too, and people were all pessimistic when, in the end, they were basically full, after tickets were offered to very low prices in the end. That will happen with those shows as well, I'm not worried. Given the ticket prices and that the shows are so far away I'm not surprised they are selling so slowly. Countries like Greece and Turkey are basically new territorry for U2.

On the other hand, I hope tickets for the Italian shows, at least Rome, will be available for a while or will pop up again.

It was to be expected that the German shows don't sell quickly. U2 just played in Germany and the shows are still so far away. Plus three shows is a lot - too much if you ask me, even though I'm looking forward to all three shows. Berlin and Gelsenkirchen were slow sellers, too, and people were all pessimistic when, in the end, they were basically full, after tickets were offered to very low prices in the end. That will happen with those shows as well, I'm not worried. Given the ticket prices and that the shows are so far away I'm not surprised they are selling so slowly.
Yes the shows are far away. But the shows in Helsinki, Coimbra, Brussels, Paris, Montreal are also far away and some of thos shows were sold in hours/minutes...

It's just that the Germans "in general" (although I hate generalisations) are probably less U2-minded than other places in the world. Still great it does not stop them from playing there, and indeed finally they will probably be full shows.

Countries like Greece and Turkey are basically new territorry for U2.
Yes, but thats why I expected that demand in Turkey would be high...? And for Greece the same. Although in 1997 more than 50,000 people attended Popmart.

On the other hand, I hope tickets for the Italian shows, at least Rome, will be available for a while or will pop up again.

I have the feeling that tickets in Italy will go faster! They are so popular there...But it's just a feeling, we have to see.

Solo 8, why in the world would you think that U2 might play the Big Island instead of Oahu? That would seem to make very little sense. Oahu has a much higher population, is easier to get to for people from the mainland, and obviously has a lot more hotel rooms available. Not to mention that Oahu actually has a suitable stadium too. Honolulu is really the only place in Hawai'i that U2 would ever play.

Solo 8, why in the world would you think that U2 might play the Big Island instead of Oahu? That would seem to make very little sense. Oahu has a much higher population, is easier to get to for people from the mainland, and obviously has a lot more hotel rooms available. Not to mention that Oahu actually has a suitable stadium too. Honolulu is really the only place in Hawai'i that U2 would ever play.

Easier to get to from the mainland?! LOL!!! :D
I visited Hawaii twice in 2006 (once in april when the vertigo show was supposed to be and second time in december for the show) and the flights from the east coast were horrible.

Good thing the beautiful islands of Oahu, Maui and Kauai soothed me after my arrival. :heart::heart:

All that being said....i would return to Hawaii to see U2 in a second!

Sorry cheazer.....I meant Oahu..... I was there the last show from Los Angeles..... had a blast..... only problem was the traffic.......Horrible experience....worse than exiting soldier field first 360 show...... it took me like 3 hours to travel 12 miles......not to many other routes/streets to get to and from aloha stadium......other than that, it was goodtimes.....and they ended the show with one of my favorites " all I want is you"

Horrible experience....worse than exiting soldier field first 360 show
Were you driving or walking? I was part of the foot traffic heading north from Soldier Field back into the heart of downtown, and that was definitely a very disturbing experience. I've never been in such a tightly packed unmoving mass of people like that before. For night two, I just stayed in the stadium as long as I could, walking around seeing what they had left at various merchandise stands. Anything to avoid that crush.

And back to the main topic:

It would be awesome if U2 returned to Hawaii!!!

(If anyone is curious, the 2010 UH football schedule is starting to take shape.
University of Hawai'i at Manoa Athletics Department - 2010 Football Schedule
The Rainbow Warriors play a home game on December 4.)

Hm, apparently the Dutch fanclub claims U2 are going to be in Arnhem 10 and 11 september.

That's inbetween Istanbul(06) and Munich(15). Are there any rumours for these dates yet?

It would be awesome if U2 returned to Hawaii!!!

OMG!!! :drool::drool::drool:

I had better start my Ramen diet now. I would love to hit NZ next year for U2, but if Hawaii was in there, too, I would give my left nut to go to both.

p.s. We sat in the parking lot in Honolulu for an hour or so before leaving the show in 2006.

Chicago 360 was crazy. We were in the crush the first night. The second night we left via the East side of Soldier Field and just hugged the lake shore all the way back North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom