2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not clear what difference it makes. The student's will have an allocation of tickets and U2.com will have another allocation. The same as it's been for every presale thus far.

Just a quick question. On u2.com when they gives the one set of presale times and date does that mean it's the same time for all three of those shows (Montreal, Minneapolis, and E. Lansing)? I have to get tickets for two of those shows and I was just wondering how that worked. Will I have to do one city right after the other?

today would have been a good day for jersey, philly and denver 2nd show announcements...guess things are looking even bleaker?

-dan

My guess is that we will stay with these 13 North American Cities. It should be possible to give Oakland a second date. And maybe Philadelphia. I don't expect more than 15-16 shows in total next year...

My guess is that we will stay with these 13 North American Cities. It should be possible to give Oakland a second date. And maybe Philadelphia. I don't expect more than 15-16 shows in total next year...

I'm sure there will be a full 20 shows when you include Mexico City:

May 30 Mexico City
May 31 Mexico City

June 6 Anaheim
June 7 Anaheim
June 10 Salt Lake City
June 12 Denver
June 16 Oakland
June 17 Oakland
June 20 Seattle
June 23 Edmonton
June 24 Edmonton
June 27 Minneapolis
June 30 East Lansing
July 3 Toronto
July 6 Chicago
July 9 Miami
July 12 Philadelphia
July 14 Baltimore
July 16 Montreal
July 19 East Rutherford.

today would have been a good day for jersey, philly and denver 2nd show announcements...guess things are looking even bleaker?

-dan

They could easily wait until February or March to put the other shows on sale.

I think the following shows will be put on sale in 2010. They also will probably add a few European shows as well.

May 30 Mexico City
May 31 Mexico City
June 10 Salt Lake City
June 17 Oakland
June 24 Edmonton
July 14 Baltimore

Sorry if I've missed this as I've been skimming the thread, but is Madison, WI officially out of the running? Or just looking less likely? I was thinking that maybe they wanted to gauge the midwest market based on sales in Chicago and Minneapolis before deciding on Madison.

If they do skip Madison this time around, I'll probably just start looking into Minneapolis . . .

I'm gunning for Minneapolis on the assumption that with shows in Minneapolis, Chicago and East Lansing, Wisconsin is probably getting squat this tour. For the first time since 1987. :(

They could easily wait until February or March to put the other shows on sale.

I think the following shows will be put on sale in 2010. They also will probably add a few European shows as well.

May 30 Mexico City
May 31 Mexico City
June 10 Salt Lake City
June 17 Oakland
June 24 Edmonton
July 14 Baltimore

baltimore? not sure why they'd play there

if they do, there won't be a 2nd philly show

-dan

I'm gunning for Minneapolis on the assumption that with shows in Minneapolis, Chicago and East Lansing, Wisconsin is probably getting squat this tour. For the first time since 1987. :(

Maybe a quick sell-out in Minneapolis would prompt a Madison show . . . or a second Minneapolis show. :huh: I can't imagine that Miller Park is even in the running.

Sorry if I've missed this as I've been skimming the thread, but is Madison, WI officially out of the running? Or just looking less likely? I was thinking that maybe they wanted to gauge the midwest market based on sales in Chicago and Minneapolis before deciding on Madison.

If they do skip Madison this time around, I'll probably just start looking into Minneapolis . . .

1. They can't fit Wisconsin in on the schedule

2. Playing Chicago again hurts demand for any show they would play in Wisconsin.

So, I don't think Wisconsin is getting a show. I was thinking they would play Madison and St. Louis and make people from Chicago travel to those cities, but instead they went for Chicago again which essentially rules out a show in Wisconsin or St. Louis.

baltimore? not sure why they'd play there

if they do, there won't be a 2nd philly show

-dan

1. Philadelphia's first show did not completely sellout making a second show there less likely.

2. Baltimore although essentially being the Washington DC market is a little further North in a different and smaller stadium than Fedex Field.

3. Although it would be two shows in essentially the same DC market, the two shows are spread out by 10 months compared to two shows in Philadelphia that would be on back to back days. This gives Baltimore a better chance at attracting more fans, than Philadelphia 2 would.

2. Playing Chicago again hurts demand for any show they would play in Wisconsin.

While I agree that Wisconsin is not getting a show, that point doesn't make any sense. All the previous times they've played Wisconsin, Chicago has been played as well, both stadium and arena shows.

There's plenty of demand to play both Madison or Milwaukee and also Chicago.

still really bummed about st. louis not getting a show, since it seems they always get hit up during the third leg of tours.

can't help it, i keep still hoping...

I'm sure there will be a full 20 shows when you include Mexico City:

May 30 Mexico City
May 31 Mexico City

June 6 Anaheim
June 7 Anaheim
June 10 Salt Lake City
June 12 Denver
June 16 Oakland
June 17 Oakland
June 20 Seattle
June 23 Edmonton
June 24 Edmonton
June 27 Minneapolis
June 30 East Lansing
July 3 Toronto
July 6 Chicago
July 9 Miami
July 12 Philadelphia
July 14 Baltimore
July 16 Montreal
July 19 East Rutherford.

You might be right, this list is not impossible. Including Mexico it could still lead to 20 shows... But this means the stage has to go from Miami to Montreal and that they have only 6 days for breaking down and building up the stage. A very tight schedule.

1. They can't fit Wisconsin in on the schedule

So, I don't think Wisconsin is getting a show. I was thinking they would play Madison and St. Louis and make people from Chicago travel to those cities, but instead they went for Chicago again which essentially rules out a show in Wisconsin or St. Louis.

I think their mentality might be that many Wisconsin residents have a manageable drive to Minneapolis or Chicago, so perhaps a Madison show would be the odd man out.

I really don't see U2 doing three shows in three cities with only two days between each one (Philly-Baltimore-Montreal), especially with a long drive and an international border between Baltimore and Montreal for the universal trucks to get through.

While I agree that Wisconsin is not getting a show, that point doesn't make any sense. All the previous times they've played Wisconsin, Chicago has been played as well, both stadium and arena shows.

There's plenty of demand to play both Madison or Milwaukee and also Chicago.

What makes things different this time is that its a stadium tour using a configuration that greatly increases the number of seats available at each show. The last time U2 played a stadium in Wisconsin, there were only 34,000 people in attendance. By playing two 360 shows in Chicago already on this tour, they have to some degree weakened demand in all these area's including Wisconsin. They decided a 360 show in Wisconsin would not have an attendance level acceptable to the tour, so they decided to go with Chicago again.

If they were playing arena's, things would be totally different because you only need to sell 18,000 tickets to sellout usually. Here the band is looking to get a minimum of 50,000 to 60,000 people a night, and actually prefer to get 70,000 people a night.

I don't think anyone has ever played to 70,000 people in Wisconsin before, especially after playing 3 huge stadium shows in Chicago. If they only needed to get 18,000 or 40,000 to go to the show, then Wisconsin would have a chance, but the band is looking to play to 70,000 people and Wisconsin can't do that for them given how many shows they have already played in nearby chicago.

You might be right, this list is not impossible. Including Mexico it could still lead to 20 shows... But this means the stage has to go from Miami to Montreal and that they have only 6 days for breaking down and building up the stage. A very tight schedule.

Its already been done before. Check out Norman Oklahoma on October 18th to Pasadena California on October 25th. Same amount of time and roughly the same amount of distance. Plus, in the case of Norman to Pasadena, you have the added pressure of filming a show that will be seen all over the world.

I really don't see U2 doing three shows in three cities with only two days between each one (Philly-Baltimore-Montreal), especially with a long drive and an international border between Baltimore and Montreal for the universal trucks to get through.

The stage that would be used for Montreal would be coming from Miami, not Baltimore. It will have 7 days to get there. Remember, they have 3 different stages.

Here is how the whole tour would work with the three stages they have:

Mexico City 1&2 May 30-31: Claw B

Anaheim 1&2 June 6-7: Claw A
Salt Lake City June 10: Claw B
Denver June 12: Claw C

Oakland 1&2 June 16-17: Claw A
Seattle June 20: Claw B
Edmonton 1&2 June 23-24: Claw C

Minneapolis June 27: Claw A
East Lansing June 30: Claw B
Toronto July 3: Claw C

Chicago July 6: Claw A
Miami July 9: Claw B
Philadelphia July 12: Claw C

Baltimore July 14: Claw A
Montreal July 16: Claw B
East Rutherford July 19: Claw C

By the way, all three stages are currently in storage in Colorado.

I really don't see U2 doing three shows in three cities with only two days between each one (Philly-Baltimore-Montreal),

Well, a little more to the point here, look at what they did in the UK in August 2009:

Glasgow August 18
Sheffield August 20
Cardiff August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom