2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somewhere my old Aung San Suu Kyi mask is smiling secretly to itself because it may no longer be the most embarrassing thing this band has done in recent memory.

This album's promotion has been so stupid! I don't need to make a list, you guys already know.

The only good thing about the Apple thing is that if they didn't have the Apple deadline, we may still not have SOI, as someone stated earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

EBW was the album's best hope
For a hit single, and they did literally nothing to promote it. They couldn't have made any less effort. Not just the band, but their management, record label, etc. They outsourced the music video to a bunch of Indie film students, and the content of the video was not very marketable and didn't really fit with that particular song.

SFS has potential to do well in the adult contemporary charts, and a few formats like that. Soccer Moms that remember U2 from back in the early 2000s, and soccer Grandmas from the 80s will love it!

EBW was the album's best hope
For a hit single, and they did literally nothing to promote it. They couldn't have made any less effort. Not just the band, but their management, record label, etc. They outsourced the music video to a bunch of Indie film students, and the content of the video was not very marketable and didn't really fit with that particular song.

SFS has potential to do well in the adult contemporary charts, and a few formats like that. Soccer Moms that remember U2 from back in the early 2000s, and soccer Grandmas from the 80s will love it!

What about hockey moms and baseball Grandmas from the 80's?

Good for the Denver folk! Hopefully not too many of them bought tickets to see U2 elsewhere!

It's scary how close I came to buying tickets for Chicago

Back
Top Bottom