2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they're coming in December..which I'm leaning towards they will..All this ticket stuff is all gonna happen pretty quick.
:doh: i only now realised tomorrow's the first of august. :der: i was thinking you were expecting them to wait weeks to put tickets on sale but mid-august isn't really that far away.

where is this year going?

:doh: i only now realised tomorrow's the first of august. :der: i was thinking you were expecting them to wait weeks to put tickets on sale but mid-august isn't really that far away.

where is this year going?

as long as its after the 15th of August I'll be happy :shifty: . . . bills bill bills :madspit:

and ditto . . . this year seems to have swallowed itself already :sigh:

I'm so nervous about all this tour hulla balloo

Yeah. Will I get banned if I say it'd almost be easier if they just said "Sorry, we can't come" and then I can just not worry about it any more? :lol:

:reject:

Besides, I thought the value of our dollar would have something to do with it, and last time I checked, it was pretty shit.

Besides, I thought the value of our dollar would have something to do with it, and last time I checked, it was pretty shit.

It's above 0.90 USD right now, so pretty good. Don't think an exchange rate at 0.90 would be a major problem. For Vertigo in 06 it was in the 0.70's USD. But with the expense of shipping those massive stage structures around the world, I'm sure that Paul McG will be even more keen than usual to squeeze every cent out of a tour down under. Let's hope he thinks it's viable, or the boys are happy to take a few risks, uh-oh Sounds like Pop Mart :ohmy:

well my thoughts are that the Australian Tour if it is all happening will be promoted by 'Live Nation'.

It just seems ironic that they have now got a australian/nz website which is about to launch anytime soon. Come on i want some leeked information :p. Who rates a chance of a show in Perth??

well my thoughts are that the Australian Tour if it is all happening will be promoted by 'Live Nation'.

It just seems ironic that they have now got a australian/nz website which is about to launch anytime soon. Come on i want some leeked information :p. Who rates a chance of a show in Perth??

I'd say it's a VERY good chance. It's been 13 years since they played there and there was an article in one of the WA newspapers saying U2 were playing at Subiaco Oval this December. I'm still scratching my head as to why they didn't slot in a Perth gig when the '06 dates were rescheduled.

*is wearing her pink slippers and dressing gown while reading this*

December is really not a good month for me to get leave to travel the country, dayum. U2, I told you guys to check with me first... :mad:

I'm getting so nervous over this as of course are all of you! I hate ticket buying anxiety and we're not even at that stage yet!

It seems we all have something whether it be work or what have you which is getting between us and the great band! :| As long as the tour isn't in November (yr 12 exams) i'll be alright on a personal level.:wink:

But anyway is it likely that they do 1 show in each eventual participating city or maybe a couple due to the effort in getting over here?

Hope it all turns out for us all, seems this is THE forum to be on for the best discussion and news. Cheers :up:

But anyway is it likely that they do 1 show in each eventual participating city or maybe a couple due to the effort in getting over here?

Put it this way: it would be surprising if they do not play two gigs in both Sydney and Melbourne. The only past U2 tour that did not have two shows in those cities was Popmart.

I reckon Brisbane could've supported a second gig back in 2006 too ... if they do Lang Park this time though, I reckon that'd satisfy enough of the demand that a second show couldn't be justified. QSAC, well, there may still be a case.

I'm getting so nervous over this as of course are all of you! I hate ticket buying anxiety and we're not even at that stage yet!

It seems we all have something whether it be work or what have you which is getting between us and the great band! :| As long as the tour isn't in November (yr 12 exams) i'll be alright on a personal level.:wink:

Hope it all turns out for us all, seems this is THE forum to be on for the best discussion and news. Cheers :up:

fuck your exams off for u2 gigs mate!

fuck your exams off for u2 gigs mate!

haha, I keep telling myself that! :lol: It would seriously be the most inconvenient situation i've been in. If it happened i'd just make the school pay for a vacation to see them in the states next year :D

One of Matt McGee's (of atu2) contacts says Australia/New Zealand dates between 17 November and 21 December.

Seems plausible ...

This afternoon on triple M, Roy and HG claim that u2 are touring soon, and likely to be guests on a new talk show hosted by Shane Warne. It was suggested that there would be a duet sung by the band and Shane, and that a duets album will be released by Shane that includes he and Richie Benaud singing "I can't take my eyes off you"...:applaud:

This afternoon on triple M, Roy and HG claim that u2 are touring soon, and likely to be guests on a new talk show hosted by Shane Warne. It was suggested that there would be a duet sung by the band and Shane, and that a duets album will be released by Shane that includes he and Richie Benaud singing "I can't take my eyes off you"...:applaud:

:love: Roy & HG!

No, there have been rumours of New Zealand shows a while back but things had gone quiet on that front. Interesting about the alleged dates though, that's a VERY wide timetable, probably one city per week. And starting on a Wednesday and ending on a Tuesday?
Perhaps these dates are the window between which the crew and personel are working (eg start setting up in NZ on Wed 17th for a show that Saturday? This is what I was thinking of as a possible timetable:
1st NZ city - 20/11 or a few days later
2nd NZ city - 27/11
Melbourne - 4/12
Brisbane - 8/12
Sydney - 11/12
Perth - 16/12

U2's shows in Melbourne and Sydney have always been weekend shows, whereas the smaller cities usually get Tuesday, Thursday, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom