You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else think it sounds like escape club's "wild wild west" from the 80s (on top of pump it up and subterranean homesick blues)?

^ i dont see how romantiscising "rockets hit the fun fair" turning it into emotive language by relating it to innocence and childhood, obviously in the middle-east, how is that going with US hegemony?

I'd definitely go with satan representing terrorists (ala Northern ireland) loving a bomb scare, and "It won't scare you" equating to 'don't give into the fear.'

I don't think it's an anti-Bush statement... If anything it goes with US hegemony.

Although.. not giving into the fear could translate into resisting the hegemony of fear... ooh.

a story of weapons of mass destruction and the curious case of them not existing.

I'd definitely go with satan representing terrorists (ala Northern ireland) loving a bomb scare, and "It won't scare you" equating to 'don't give into the fear.'

I don't think it's an anti-Bush statement... If anything it goes with US hegemony.

Although.. not giving into the fear could translate into resisting the hegemony of fear... ooh.

Clearly it's an anti-Bush statement.

submarine/gasoline - Bush went to Iraq for the oil
rockets hit the funfair - could be hamas firing rockets all the time but "funfair"? The civilian losses are on the muslim side mainly. I don't see it as an pro-Muslim, anti-American song, but it's clear that the American foreign policy of the last 8 years isn't exactly being complimented.

Clearly it's an anti-Bush statement.

submarine/gasoline - Bush went to Iraq for the oil
rockets hit the funfair - could be hamas firing rockets all the time but "funfair"? The civilian losses are on the muslim side mainly. I don't see it as an pro-Muslim, anti-American song, but it's clear that the American foreign policy of the last 8 years isn't exactly being complimented.

:up:

I dont want people to think I thought it was an anti-american song, but definately a parting shot. more an anti administration song.

After Larry blasted B for mugging up to bush, maybe this is B getting some cred back

^ i dont see how romantiscising "rockets hit the fun fair" turning it into emotive language by relating it to innocence and childhood, obviously in the middle-east, how is that going with US hegemony?

I think I was using the thought that If Satan represents terrorists, then does that not frame the good guys as those who oppose terrorism - Bush would've framed those who oppose his country as terrorists.

Although.. I think on second thoughts I'm wrong because Terrorism is a word used by any side to define those who oppose them. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, so I guess Satan could be anyone who does evil in the world. And the best way to resist it is to resist fear not take sides. Don't let your own country's politics of fear scare you into supporting a side.

It's probably too late for me to be discussing this xD

Not long now.....:applaud:....will finish my dinner and throw on MMM tonight and enjoy some boots

The full song hasn't leaked in any way at all yet?

All I can say is that my iTunes show that the GOYB preview was played 129 times already... and I'm not even close to get tired of listening to it.

:drool: :hyper: :love: :D :wave::applaud::up: :heart:

Watching the inauguration performance has me even more excited about Sexy Boots! Blinding Lights is such a craptastically dull song that when you listen to the 22 sec clip right after it, Sexy Boots becomes even more interesting and advanced by comparison. The texture sounds fantastic!

Tomorrow I can raise you guys to 10.000 with the complete version. :hyper:

Watching the inauguration performance has me even more excited about Sexy Boots! Blinding Lights is such a craptastically dull song that when you listen to the 22 sec clip right after it, Sexy Boots becomes even more interesting and advanced by comparison. The texture sounds fantastic!

great point.

I am always underwhelmed by the 3o second clips u usually get with releases. This one blew my mind. The full song will be mental!

I think I was using the thought that If Satan represents terrorists, then does that not frame the good guys as those who oppose terrorism - Bush would've framed those who oppose his country as terrorists.

Although.. I think on second thoughts I'm wrong because Terrorism is a word used by any side to define those who oppose them. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, so I guess Satan could be anyone who does evil in the world. And the best way to resist it is to resist fear not take sides. Don't let your own country's politics of fear scare you into supporting a side.

It's probably too late for me to be discussing this xD

satan loves a bomb scare..bin laden/sadam/weapons of mass destruction, create fear and panic then people will long for a sheriff to ride into town...whatever his agenda maybe.

Not long now.....:applaud:....will finish my dinner and throw on MMM tonight and enjoy some boots

The full song hasn't leaked in any way at all yet?

Nope, just the 22 second clip, luckily. Can't wait to hear it, then i'll buy off iTunes. :wink:

Bono really disguised the lyrics well. :up:

It really makes you think about what they mean.

satan loves a bomb scare..bin laden/sadam/weapons of mass destruction, create fear and panic then people will long for a sheriff to ride into town...whatever his agenda maybe.

its not B's perogative to side with invaders.

The act of terrorism is the act of invading. Whether you invade terrorists or not, its still terrorism to kill millions of innocent people. That is the message. "the future needs a big kiss", "i dont wana talk about wars between nations".

I can tell you now that bono is NEVER going to write a song justifying the invasion of Iraq

The layers in just a 22 sec clip are rediculous:

- grooving bassline
- staccato guitar
- cowbell!
- hand claps
- live snare
- electronic bass and pulse
- fuzz riff
- keyboard
- vocals
- harmony
- some futuristic atmospherics

I don't even know how to explain some of this shit. It's fabulous. And I'm probably missing a couple of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom