You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The layers in just a 22 sec clip are rediculous:

- grooving bassline
- staccato guitar
- cowbell!
- hand claps
- live snare
- electronic bass and pulse
- fuzz riff
- keyboard
- vocals
- harmony
- some futuristic atmospherics

I don't even know how to explain some of this shit. It's fabulous. And I'm probably missing a couple of things.

there's also the second guitar in the sexy boots bit with the really high, siren sounding riff. fuck its good

The best thing to come out of this clip IMO is how smooth and clear Bono's vocals sound. The raspy delivery heard on the later albums isn't evident. The "won't scare you" delivery couldn't be cleaner.

its not B's perogative to side with invaders.

The act of terrorism is the act of invading. Whether you invade terrorists or not, its still terrorism to kill millions of innocent people. That is the message. "the future needs a big kiss", "i dont wana talk about wars between nations".

I can tell you now that bono is NEVER going to write a song justifying the invasion of Iraq

i agree because there is no justification for iraq..unless your an oil congromerate supremo.

I don't get the comparison with The Fly. Are you guys just talking about the difference in texture from one album to the next? Because I don't think it sounds like The Fly at all.

To me, Sexy Boots is an advanced and developed version of Vertigo. That's not a bad thing.

I don't get the comparison with The Fly. Are you guys just talking about the difference in texture from one album to the next? Because I don't think it sounds like The Fly at all.

To me, Sexy Boots is an advanced and developed version of Vertigo. That's not a bad thing.

I compare it to the fly in that desire to "the fly" is the same difference in sounds as Vertigo to Get on your boots. Just talking about the change in direction. it does sound nothing like the fly but there are some AB aspects to it.

To me GOYB is more like Discotheque, and even then they're almost nothing alike. I mean GOYB is basically very much different than anything else U2 or anyone have ever done.

You can talk about what the song's about, but I don't see the point in discussing whether or not invading Iraq was justified.

I compare it to the fly in that desire to "the fly" is the same difference in sounds as Vertigo to Get on your boots. Just talking about the change in direction. it does sound nothing like the fly but there are some AB aspects to it.

OK, that's what I figured. And I totally agree.

Have we gotten any remote clue yet from the snippets what the hell "Boots" have anything to do with this song?

It seems somewhat obvious that the song is politically motivated...and war related. Is the boots reference pertaining to Army boots? Is that what people are getting from it?

Have we gotten any remote clue yet from the snippets what the hell "Boots" have anything to do with this song?

It seems somewhat obvious that the song is politically motivated...and war related. Is the boots reference pertaining to Army boots? Is that what people are getting from it?

not quite sure, but there is definately some sexualisation of the subject matter. I think we need the full lyrics before we can make a definitive analysis of the suitability of the boots theme

get your boots on boys we've got a submarine and they've got gasoline..clown masks on.

stick em up sadam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom