LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Possible conclusions:
- Bono lies!
- U2Valencia really knows what's going on.
- That Interscope spokesperson is probably out of the loop.

Discuss.

From Matt:

Just as an FYI: @U2 has been online for almost 20 years now and we've covered 4 album releases. I'm pretty sure that, in every case, the first official news about new U2 music came from one of the remote record label offices. (Well, maybe not Pop. The web wasn't used enough for that to happen in 1996/97.)

Anyway, this happens because the offices are remote and someone in the office has loose lips (or a loose Twitter account) and they think they can share news without HQ finding out about it. Or they just get too excited to keep the news to themselves. So I would suspect that's why this tweet was deleted. And BTW, Universal Music Venezuela posted the same thing last night and has also deleted its tweet.

That's not to say that this "Sirens" news is correct/fixed/set in stone. My memory is that the remote offices have gotten song/album names wrong, release dates wrong, etc. And that could be the case here.

The important thing is that a Universal Music office was sharing U2 music news. Whether it's 100% correct or not, that's a good sign. It means things are happening and, barring another last minute change of heart from the band, things should continue to happen.

I seem to recall speculation that Vertigo was an album title... about this time 10 years ago..

That something's moving, well I think so. Everyday there's some shilly-shally though.

Well, Interscope said "incorrect", not "false"

true.. the implication of the tweet was that the album is called Sirens and is out in September..

If the song is Sirens, than the tweet is technically incorrect
If the album is out in October or November, than the tweet is technically incorrect

Not that I think this new "rumor" is remotely true or accurate, but it would be odd if U2 use "Sirens" in the wake of Pearl Jam's latest album/single.

If it was complete rubbish why would there be such a rush to delete the tweets?

It's the end of July and the album will be ready by September?? haha. Everyone please enjoy your latest round of silly rationalizations.

That something's moving, well I think so. Everyday there's some shilly-shally though.

Do we know that, though? It's entirely plausible that recent rumors about "sources" are made up garbage, that Universal Colombia doesn't know what it's talking about, that Interscope's denial is correct, and U2Valencia is also making stuff up.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but we really haven't heard anything from anyone reliable. It's hard to be too optimistic about what the rumor mill says after feeling like the stars aligned for a late 2013 release, before having that not happen... and them having them align again for an early 2014 release, before having that not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do we know that, though? It's entirely plausible that recent rumors about "sources" are made up garbage, that Universal Colombia doesn't know what it's talking about, that Interscope's denial is correct, and U2Valencia is also making stuff up.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but we really haven't heard anything from anyone reliable.

maybe. but why would U2Valencia make stuff up? for page hits?

Maybe I'm too cynical, but we really haven't heard anything from anyone reliable.

You're kinda spot on. Since there have been claims and denials, I'm not in full 'rejoice-mode' yet (even if I admit I'm excited for something that doesn't look far, to my feelings anyway).

Back
Top Bottom