The Temple Bar ~ Oh God we need a drink of cooool cooool rain!!! UYFA! :eyebrow:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished Satanic Verses - it was good.

Sarah said Catch 22 is a little confusing trying to keep up with the characters, and I don't want to be confused tonight, I want to be lightly entertained, dammit. :angry: Is she right?

VP, don't read Catch 22 if you want light reading...but, do read it one day.

Snow, I'll make myself useful, but, how can I when I'm so fucking useless most of the time???

Oh, I know! For good summer mindless drivel, I discovered Elizabeth George mysteries about 6 or 7 years ago and read like 10 of her books in rapid succession. I'm sure she must have written more since then.

VintagePunk said:
Oh, I know! For good summer mindless drivel, I discovered Elizabeth George mysteries about 6 or 7 years ago and read like 10 of her books in rapid succession. I'm sure she must have written more since then.

Snow, I told you about her. VP, I don't think they're like reading Proust, but, not sure they are mindless either. Good books, though, and, many were turned into good TV shows.

When I was in high school, I used to go to the library during my free period and read from the same novel everyday. I read quite a few Paul Quarrington novels. I can't remember which ones now, but I remember enjoying them.

I think I'm going to have to get to the library again soon.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Thanks again Snow :hug:

anytime. if you ever need an ear I'm always in the bar, sad as that is :)

NSW - you know sports...who's hot in running these days?

that's who I meant to look into this weekend...Elizabeth george...you'd think I'd have remembered at least friggin half of that :idiot:

snowbunny00774 said:

anytime. if you ever need an ear I'm always in the bar, sad as that is :)

NSW - you know sports...who's hot in running these days?

that's who I meant to look into this weekend...Elizabeth george...you'd think I'd have remembered at least friggin half of that :idiot:

Asafa Powell, Xavier Carter, Jeremy Wariner.

These 3 just faced off in a 200M race.

RavenBlue said:
When I was in high school, I used to go to the library during my free period and read from the same novel everyday. I read quite a few Paul Quarrington novels. I can't remember which ones now, but I remember enjoying them.

I think I'm going to have to get to the library again soon.

Ever take out a book with a really pretty cover only to find out the inside really, really sucked. Haha.

In high school I skipped class to sit in the caf and read if I was in the middle of a good book, while all the cool kids played euchre...biggest nerd ever. I got caught too which was the saddest part...being made an example of and having it explained what you were doing while you skipped :happy: great times :happy:

No spoken words said:

Asafa Powell, Xavier Carter, Jeremy Wariner.

These 3 just faced off in a 200M race.

I'm thinking long distance...or whatever distance the running portion of a triathlon would be..

No spoken words said:

Snow, I told you about her. VP, I don't think they're like reading Proust, but, not sure they are mindless either. Good books, though, and, many were turned into good TV shows.

They are what they are, like you said, good stories. :) I just meant that you don't really have to put a lot of thought or effort into reading them.

I didn't know that they'd been made into television!

VintagePunk said:

They are what they are, like you said, good stories. :) I just meant that you don't really have to put a lot of thought or effort into reading them.

I didn't know that they'd been made into television!

Since the're mysteries, you might tend to at least guess at whodunnit, which engages you a tad more than your typical breezy fare.

The BBC made a series called "The Inspector Lyndley Mysteries". I think it was the BBC. Anyway, my Dad records them and I've watched a few.

No spoken words said:
Thanks, Carlos, and, thanks, Snow, for acknowledging my dorkdom. :)

anytime :up:

get me a long distance runner and I'll acknowledge your greatness. shortlived though it may be :)

and yeah OJ is an acid..you know what I meant/aside

anyone read Cell yet?

Dean Martin is value for money guys :drool:

I cuffed a fair bit in high school, didn't ever get caught. Nearly did a few times... haha. Looking back now, I was more bored when I was cuffing than I would've been in class.

I can't believe it's nearly ten years since I graduated :faint:

Back
Top Bottom