The Temple Bar - Beavers and Bunnies and Dogs, Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Oh, and Beav...you just reminded me, and I know other people that do this...I run a bi-weekly conference call....and every week for like 5 years now a coworker gives me a word I must work into the call....it's fun and sometimes quite a challenge....

YES! I love that game. In fact, I oft have them use words that arrogant ass from previous post uses. I love when people are going good and then they spit out the word and lose it. lol, owned.

UberBeaver said:

There's a guy I work with that feels the need to show off his mad English skillz by using big words, like Juxtapose, Ubiquitous, Circumscribe, etc, or just use general stupid terms like "Home Run". We play this game where we collect them and IM them to each other during the calls. So because no one is really listening to what he says, they just listen to the actual words (make sense?) the call is quiet, and nothing gets accomplished and goddamn, I feel like I've won. :D He's this big self important arrogant ass, but I beat him. And he has no idea why everyone is on mute. HAHA. STFU.

Oh I so know that actual word listening things. I've nearly bitten through my lip a few times when we have a pool of how many times a phrase will be used based on the meeting "facilitator" (<----fuck you) and the actual total blows the pool away, sometimes I get giggly and my lip bled once...I had to leave :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

See?? You have the moves! Just let it go! You can do it! :motivationalspeaker:

Oh, I can THINK of a million things to say, VP, I just refuse to actually type or say them. Usually.

Snow, do you want a copy of.....the list.....? I like that I'm trying to inject drama into something that's so very not at all dramatic. But still.

No spoken words said:

Oh, I can THINK of a million things to say, VP, I just refuse to actually type or say them. Usually.

Snow, do you want a copy of.....the list.....? I like that I'm trying to inject drama into something that's so very not at all dramatic. But still.

dramatic pause

when it's updated are you saying who took what? :shifty: :shh:

redkat said:

dramatic pause

when it's updated are you saying who took what? :shifty: :shh:

No, I'll just say it's borrowed, like it says now. If I send this list to my coworkers, I really do not feel like explaining who "Uberbeaver" and "Redkat" and "Larry Mullen's Pop Angel" are. It's not gonna be worth it. :)

No spoken words said:

Going forward if you could be a peach and just automatically CYA by keeping me apprised of "list" contents that would be great. Thanks :D

No spoken words said:

No, I'll just say it's borrowed, like it says now. If I send this list to my coworkers, I really do not feel like explaining who "Uberbeaver" and "Redkat" and "Larry Mullen's Pop Angel" are. It's not gonna be worth it. :)

You're so wrong. It would be TOTALLY worth it. Could I be there to watch? :drool:

UberBeaver said:

Honesty, it'd be 7hours and 57 minutes of nothing, and then 3 minutes of great personal satisfaction.

Though a video feed might be kinda funny actually. I work with a bunch of freaks. Oye.

The people I work with run the gamut, since it's a big entity....some are complete assclowns, some are awesome, and most fall in the middle...but I love what Beav and Snow have....little cabals that make the best of their day by injecting humor into things, by any means necessary. That's what makes the work day tolerable for me.

snowbunny00774 said:

Going forward if you could be a peach and just automatically CYA by keeping me apprised of "list" contents that would be great. Thanks :D

You do know that this.....list.....is just a list of DVDs I own......right? I wish it were a more important list....like a list of all the times I said "assclown" out loud the past 12 months...but it's not.

VP, the list is yours, and your boldness is a joy to behold.

Beav and Redkat and LMPA, the original list was missing...of all fucking things...Rattle and Hum.

snowbunny00774 said:

I completely agree and ask you comply with this above methodology. Also, if you could ensure I'm cc'd on any changes, this way we could be certain the we are all ON THE SAME FUCKING PAGE and really create that sense of synergy. Brilliant! Thanks!

:shocked: reggie was supposed to burn me a copy of rattle and hum as I lost mine(to my brother :mad: )

Aren't they coming out with a new version though? or did that happen :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom