Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHIPOTLE NOT TERRIBLE. Grass-fed animals without hormones, green leafy lettuce, brown rice option.
I enjoy Chipotle though I would hesitate to call it good food. "Not terrible" sounds just about right.
Can't really ask for more w/r/t fast food, especially Mexican. And Chipotle just opened a new Asian-themed place in DC, hoping to see that make its way to the west coast.
It's called Shophouse Kitchen (though my gf and I refer to it as "Asian Chipotle"). The rice/noodle bowl combos range from meh to ok. The banh mi sandwiches are quite tasty, particularly the pork meatball.

How would you like your beans and flour arranged?

I have no idea what this means. Fuck is too broad of a noun.

"Hey, Brian May, you're a real fuck."

"Cheers, mate!"

CHIPOTLE NOT TERRIBLE. Grass-fed animals without hormones, green leafy lettuce, brown rice option.

Can't really ask for more w/r/t fast food, especially Mexican. And Chipotle just opened a new Asian-themed place in DC, hoping to see that make its way to the west coast.

This is good to know. Sometimes when I'm on the road I just need something quick and I can't bring myself to eat fast food so this would be a good option for me. I just looked them up - they use organic where possible, too, and they don't have a can opener, a microwave or a freezer in any of the restaurants. That is impressive for fast food. If we have one here, I either haven't noticed it or assumed it was crap.

Last year I checked into a hotel near BWI late at night for an early morning flight and I couldn't find anything to eat in the area. I finally succumbed to MacDonald's. I placed an order at the drive-thru and when I got to the pick-up window I saw this disgusting guy who I'm sure smelled terrible and did not look clean and was obese, and I just drove off without my food. I didn't trust that he hadn't touched the food or sneezed on it or that the kitchen was even remotely clean, so I just took off and went to bed hungry.

Speaking of Freebirds, and the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Free Bird", my favorite response by an on-stage musician to an idiot yelling "FREE BIRD!" at a rock concert is when Cris Kirkwood from the Meat Puppets, at Nirvana's Unplugged session, said "I've got a Free Bird for you right here" and gave the idiot in the crowd the middle finger.
If a band truly wanted to punish an idiot for yelling out "Free Bird," they should play the song.

1. Peanut Butter Jelly Time

dancing-banana.gif

If a band truly wanted to punish an idiot for yelling out "Free Bird," they should play the song.

Haha. Yes. And the funny thing about that incident I mentioned from Nirvana Unplugged is that Novoselic, Grohl, and the two dudes from the Meat Puppets started fucking around and jamming on the riff to "Sweet Home Alabama" while Kurt smoked a cigarette and spent a few minutes high on heroin trying to figure out what was going on.

Novoselic, Grohl and the Meat Puppets were also probably fucked up as hell and thought that "Sweet Home Alabama" was the same song as "Free Bird." Or didn't care and were just fucking around.

I'm drawing a blank. I'm guessing there are lots of songs I like that mention food but maybe not in the title.

Nobody enjoys that organic vegan crap enough to write a song about it. :wink:

I went raw vegan for a good long spell. I looked 10 years younger. And I had so much energy I was hiking up mountains every weekend. And that was only 2.5 years ago. But my doctor says I need to eat a lot of meat for various reasons now.

Oh, here's one: Tom Waits' "Sausage and Eggs."

Top 5 songs about food, anyone?

"Talk Show Host" - Radiohead (gun and a pack of sandwiches)
"21 Questions" - 50 Cent feat. Nate Dogg (I love you like a fat kid love cake)
"Savoy Truffle" - The Beatles
"Sixteen Saltines" - Jack White
"Chinese" - Lily Allen

I went raw vegan for a good long spell. I looked 10 years younger. And I had so much energy I was hiking up mountains every weekend. And that was only 2.5 years ago. But my doctor says I need to eat a lot of meat for various reasons now.

Oh, here's one: Tom Waits' "Sausage and Eggs."

A raw vegan restaurant just opened up in Tacoma. Ame-RAW-Kin Bistro. It's actually really good.

Some fuckin freak who claims I fathered, by rape, her own son
I found my wife, I called the cops, this day's work never done
The last I heard the freak was purchasing a fucking gun

Drive down the street can't find the keys to my own fuckin home...

World's best band.

I was actually thinking about the "open the fridge, now I know life is worth" line.

And we're in agreement about that other thing.

Speaking of Freebirds, and the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Free Bird", my favorite response by an on-stage musician to an idiot yelling "FREE BIRD!" at a rock concert is when Cris Kirkwood from the Meat Puppets, at Nirvana's Unplugged session, said "I've got a Free Bird for you right here" and gave the idiot in the crowd the middle finger.

Probably not the first person to do that but, yeah.

How about throwing a shuttlecock into the crowd as a response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom