Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #796
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mandy1973
I'm afraid that my bottle of wine has well and truly kicked in now...so I'm going to take this opportunity to attempt some sleep in this stifling heat!

Goodnight all
Hope you've got a bunch of fans there, and I hope you live through the night to come back to our world tour, wherever we might be (hopefully Bumberry, NSW). Have a good night!

I really should go soon too. At this rate, I'll be lucky to get six hours of sleep ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #797
Refugee

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Hope the heat doesn't wear you down too much tomorrow.

I think I'll just be hibernating under my A/C tomorrow!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #798
Vocal parasite

Also, one of our future threads totally needs to go to Smiggin Holes.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #799
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
American spellcheckers, eh? I don't let anything spellcheck for me. I'm just too sick of "but not only is 'manoeuvre' correct, it also looks ten thousand times better than 'maneuver'!"

I remember we listened to it a few times and spent at least three or four lessons analysing it in the context of social attitudes to the Vietnam War and Vietnam vets. I don't think we did a proper assignment on it, though. I can't remember what our assignment for that unit was ... I know I would've walked out if I'd had to do an essay on Khe Sanh though!
It's bad, but it still seems very plausible. I did an essay on In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson in Year 11, in which I tried to analyse the songs meaning. I had absolutely fuckall idea with what it meant, so the entire thing was about some Medieval king nicknamed the Crimson King because he got shot in the eye during a hunting trip, and somehow made an effort to connect this to the song. If you know that it does indeed relate to the song, please tell me - as I think the final product was a mess in every way.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #800
Blue Crack Addict

Smiggin Holes is a hilarious name with or without any comedic Winter Olympics commotion.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #801
Vocal parasite

Quote:

It's bad, but it still seems very plausible. I did an essay on In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson in Year 11, in which I tried to analyse the songs meaning. I had absolutely fuckall idea with what it meant, so the entire thing was about some Medieval king nicknamed the Crimson King because he got shot in the eye during a hunting trip, and somehow made an effort to connect this to the song. If you know that it does indeed relate to the song, please tell me - as I think the final product was a mess in every way.
I've never ever tried to analyse In The Court, but your version cracks me up. I love 21st Century Man for its insanity, hate Moonchild because it goes nowhere, and sometimes play the title track because it's alright. My simple explanation for the lyrical content is "Fripp & Co. were stoned. Very, very stoned." Probably explains a lot of the music too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #802
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Smiggin Holes is a hilarious name with or without any comedic Winter Olympics commotion.
I agree entirely.

And with that, I really do need to go to bed. When I wake up, I bloody well hope this thread has made its way to Bumberry, NSW. It seems to be such an insignificant town that nobody's even written about it on Wikipedia and the Google results are mostly useless. But a railway goes through there, that got it mentioned in the Australian Railway Digest magazine, and that's how I know about it!

G'night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #803
Blue Crack Addict

Night, Axxo - have a good one!

I hope everything's coming up Bumberry too, but I may not be here when the time is right.

Quote:
My simple explanation for the lyrical content is "Fripp & Co. were stoned. Very, very stoned." Probably explains a lot of the music too.
I couldn't stretch this out to 1500 words, unfortunately.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #804
Blue Crack Addict

I'm outta here, but to whichever soul passes by this thread next, I demand that they carry on the message that we next travel to Bumberry, a humble town in NSW close to the hearts of nobody.

Time for me to (song from Come on Pilgrim with a different version on Surfer Rosa).
Old 03-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #805
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:20 PM
sup dorks

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #806
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 PM
dead thread
Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #807
Blue Crack Supplier

Breathe, thread. Breathe, damn it.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #808
Blue Crack Addict

inhale. exhale.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #809
Blue Crack Supplier

Excellent.

I need to steady my computer. It's still off-kilter from shutting down due to a power failure last night.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #810
Blue Crack Addict

i just had a glorious sunday afternoon dst nap, with the strangest dream ever. and you were there interference,k you were there.

Tags
superthread