NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last (locked) thread, Chizip had joked he invented the hot dog.

Got Philk? said:
The problem is, to be honest, where he is playing. Chicago has always had a tendency to hold a little grudge, which in turn, boots a player out of town.

moises alou

U2Kitten said:

And none of you invented the hot dog! No one here was around in 1904 when it made its debut at the St. Louis Worlds' Fair along with the ice cream cone.

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer

The American story of the introduction of the hot dog, like the hamburger and ice cream cone, is often attributed to the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis, Missouri. However, similar sausages were made and consumed in Europe, particularly in Germany, as early as 1864. Even in the united States the hot dog's association with baseball also predates the 1904 Exposition. St. Louis Browns owner Chris von der Ahe sold them at his ballpark in the 1880s. While many persons are credited with the "invention" of the hot dog, according to the National Hot Dog Council the hot dog was invented in the 17th century by a German butcher named Johann Georghehner.

Hot dogs were frequently known as frankfurters or franks, but the name "hot dog" became popular by the 1890s. In the 1830s, it was widely rumored that the dogs that roamed urban streets were regularly rounded up (by "dog wagons") and made into sausages; by the 1840s, the term "dog sandwich" was used. The 1860s popular song "Der Deitcher's Dog" (written by Septimus Winner and known by the lyrics "Where oh where has my little dog gone?")

I knew they were in Germany years before that is why they were called Frankfurters. I was talking about the American hot dog being here and well known and widespread (with mustard)

Did you hear Ladanian and Belicheck made up at the Pro Bowl? He apologized for blaming the coach, and he seemed to think that Belicheck agreed with him on the guys' behavior and that made him feel better. Of course now we hear the Merriman dance has been outlawed so next year no one will be doing it anywhere.

Ladanian would be best served to let his actions speak rather than his mouth in the future, as would most NFL players.

And without the benefit of steroids in the future, we wouldn't likely see as much of the Merriman dance anyway.

We saw him eliminated from any impact in the playoffs by Matt Light, so clearly the roid strength is dissipating, he won't have much to dance about any more.

Hewson said:
Do they have a surprise filling inside like those "Frank'nStuff" hot dogs used to?
(anyone remember those?)

Oh those were NASTY! Remember the 'hot dogger' from the '70's that made your dog have holes in each end that tasted like metal? No wonder it didn't last long. Neither did those stupid hand held plug in hamburger patty makers, they were harder to clean than a skillet. They ended up at everyone's yard sale for a buck and no one bought them.

Think this thread is OT? :huh:

Everyone: let's do the Lights out again

U2Kitten said:

Neither did those stupid hand held plug in hamburger patty makers, they were harder to clean than a skillet.

I invented a non-stick version of one of these in a novel I wrote! :wink:

Re: Everybody Lights Out Tonight... Everybody Merriman tonight.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ahhh yes, i think i remember that book...

Morning Wood: An Autobiography
by Zoney

yup...its still in my closet too! You can't let that thing out.

Wade Phillips officially named Cowboys' head coach.
So the Stay Classy San Diego Chargers have lost both coordinators and Merriman has lost his steroids, yet Vegas has them as the favorite to win Super Bowl 42...not a good bet there Ron Burgundy.

I've got mixed feelings for the Cowboys about naming Wade Phillips their new head coach.
As a Giants fan, I'm happy because Phillips is another loser retread. With him as coach, Dallas will not reach the Super Bowl.
But, I feel badly for those long suffering Cowboy fans. Bring back Jimmy Johnson.

I love when crazed owners continually fuck their franchise up.

Great, Jones, add TO, then add a twice-fired head coach. Perfect. The guy interviews everyone under the sun and this is what he comes up with. I hate the Cowboys, so this pleases me, but lord is Jones ever a total assclown.

MrPryck2U said:

But, I feel badly for those long suffering Cowboy fans. Bring back Jimmy Johnson.

Long suffering? :huh: They had a lot of success not so long ago. IMO- and this isn't ONLY because I hate them- many other teams deserve a turn before they win anymore. I've seen more than my share of their asses over the years. There are teams who haven't even had a winning season in years.

(or were you being sarcastic?)

so what do people think about Belichick forcing heavily concussed players into action and putting their lives in jeopardy?

Chizip said:
so what do people think about Belichick forcing heavily concussed players into action and putting their lives in jeopardy?

It sucks, but I really don't think any head coach in the NFL acts much differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom