NFL Draft Thread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:40 PM
and how on topic it always is.

But since my team picks last I don't give a shit about the draft this year!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #287
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You have NO idea what else went on, and still does. Some of it was really, really good. Every time I see a 'funny' TV show I think how much better I'd be, or my brother, or his friend. True genius has not really been seen since Monty Python (a few Southparks maybe) But one of the reasons I like SP is because they do stuff I would have done. I totally called the Chef going into the Vader suit before it happened, and stuff like that. Don't knock me until you've dug through my entire closet. Some of the ideas for parodies and crossovers are hilarious.

I never meant that was genius. That was just a stupid childish insult that stuck. I don't think it's great or talented or anything. It's lame.
I have a feeling that if I went through your entire closet, I'd be too in need of immediate medical attention to mock you.

If you or your brother are oozing so much talent, you ought to do something about it. The people that get their TV shows on the air work their asses off to make their dreams a reality, and then work even harder to keep their shows on the air.. Maybe you laugh, maybe you don't, but at least they had the guts and drive to translate their talent into something tangible. Oh, and if you can't see the genius in shows like The Wire, Deadwood, The BBC version of the Office, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc, then I don't know what to tell you.

And, I'm sorry to mock you, but, I have to say, you make it too easy. It's almost like you beg for it, and today I felt like obliging because it's unfair for someone like you to mock people who are dedicated to their craft and who pour their heart and souls into it.

And to stay on topic, because I actually understand sports, I'm always interested in my team's draft pick because as quality teams show over and over, the draft is not just about who picks early on. I'm hoping the Steelers get a little offensive line depth, some of their linemen are getting up there in years.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Um, so how about them Pats this weekend?

Hey, apparently they want Randy Moss, too!

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=186445
Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #289
Blue Crack Supplier

Phanan, would you want him on your team? To me, it'd be a decent gamble. He's not exactly the ultimate team player, but, he's not as bad as TO. I think.

Like the Thomas signing a lot.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

At first thought, I'd be wary of him coming to the Patriots. But then I see the parallels when they brought Corey Dillon aboard, and look how great he was for three seasons here.

I think he'd do well here. He'd have to restructure that contract big time if he wanted to come to New England, but at this point, I'd think he'd do anything to get out of Oakland and play for a winner.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #291
Blue Crack Supplier

I think that the Dillon comparison is apt, yeah. I think Randy would go there and behave. Brady would have a field day throwing to someone of that caliber.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #292
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

I'd be doing the same thing if I was waiting for the Giants to do something, too.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Someone please explain to me the wisdom of the Thomas Jones trade from the Bears' perspective.
Talk about getting taken to the cleaners.

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/b...90001?cid=1690
Old 03-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

have a feeling that if I went through your entire closet, I'd be too in need of immediate medical attention to mock you.
You don't have a fucking clue, so don't judge.

Quote:
If you or yoIur brother are oozing so much talent, you ought to do something about it. The people that get their TV shows on the air work their asses off to make their dreams a reality, and then work even harder to keep their shows on the air..
I was always to afraid and too lazy to try. But that is the only difference, they stuck it out there, I hid mine.

Quote:
Oh, and if you can't see the genius in shows like The Wire, Deadwood, The BBC version of the Office, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc, then I don't know what to tell you.
I always found Seinfeld and Cheers overrated, boring, and not funny.(my brother loves them) I haven't seen those other shows. I'm too busy wasting my time on the computer and messing with a messed up bunch of fuckers in my life.

Quote:
And, I'm sorry to mock you, but, I have to say, you make it too easy. It's almost like you beg for it,
Actually I'm subconciously begging for quite the opposite, but now I see how mean everyone is, don't worry, I'll never bare my heart and soul to you again.

Quote:
and today I felt like obliging because it's unfair for someone like you to mock people who are dedicated to their craft and who pour their heart and souls into it.
Well, I put my heart and soul into it too, and you don't respect that. Creative stuff is very personal, and having it put down hurts- especially when you haven't even read it, you just hate it because you hate me so you're sure it must suck.

Well don't bash Scott Stapp either, he puts his heart and soul into his work too remember!

Quote:
And to stay on topic, because I actually understand sports, I'm always interested in my team's draft pick because as quality teams show over and over, the draft is not just about who picks early on. I'm hoping the Steelers get a little offensive line depth, some of their linemen are getting up there in years.
I was actually joking, but seriously, the Colts can't afford anyone new, they can't even afford to keep the guys they got.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #296
Blue Crack Addict

I sure hope that the Pats don't get Randy Moss! Then again, he's awesome, but he's got a bad attitude problem and will never reach his full potential because of it.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #297
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Someone please explain to me the wisdom of the Thomas Jones trade from the Bears' perspective.
Talk about getting taken to the cleaners.

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/b...90001?cid=1690
isiah and matt millen got together and sent a proposal to the bears GM, with threats of retribution if they did not make the deal.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #298
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Actually I'm subconciously begging for quite the opposite, but now I see how mean everyone is, don't worry, I'll never bare my heart and soul to you again.
if you really want to "bare your heart and soul," go do it on Zoo Confessionals or in your Journal, and please, for the love of pete, don't fucking do it in the NFL football thread.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Who's Pete?
Rozelle?
Tonwshend?
Seeger?
Moss?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #300
Blue Crack Distributor

maravich