Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/avatar/avatar2009aug0820a-tsr_h720p.mov

Here's the proper trailer site if you don't want 720, but Apple seems to still be uploading/fixing the files here so they're currently not working.
Apple - Trailers - James Cameron's Avatar

I'll say this. That's one wretched trailer. Like Inglourious Bastards Teaser level wretched. Maybe the guy cutting it thought it would be fun to capture every shot in the film where a character, live-action or otherwise, is pulling a goofy face into the camera and just cut them all together and call it a day. I don't know.

But the stuff in the film looks pretty nifty.

http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/avatar/avatar2009aug0820a-tsr_h720p.mov

Here's the proper trailer site if you don't want 720, but Apple seems to still be uploading/fixing the files here so they're currently not working.
Apple - Trailers - James Cameron's Avatar

I'll say this. That's one wretched trailer. Like Inglourious Bastards Teaser level wretched. Maybe the guy cutting it thought it would be fun to capture every shot in the film where a character, live-action or otherwise, is pulling a goofy face into the camera and just cut them all together and call it a day. I don't know.

But the stuff in the film looks pretty nifty.

I have no clue what to think of that.

"This is great."

The nerds are already up in arms regarding how "crushingly disappointing" the film looks. But I honestly don't know what they were all expecting. As far as the imagery and CG rendering is concerned, the film is pretty astonishing.

Picture8-1.png

They're disappointed by that? Holy shit.

George Lucas must've creamed his pants when he saw that.

It looks beautiful, but I've got no interest in seeing that one. Not my cup of PBR. It's got the robot guy from Grandma's Boy in it. Fuck that.

Plus, it's a fucking teaser trailer. I thought it looked fantastic... certainly up-to-par with the digital environments of King Kong, Sith n' shit. And no one outside of Comic Con or the ShoWest conventions have seen it in 3D! People are bitching about it already! Why am I using exclamation marks!? What's the significance... I don't know!

Screened Pee-wee for the Lady Friend yesterday and she loved it. Last movie we'll see together for a while, sadly.

Screened Pee-wee for the Lady Friend yesterday and she loved it. Last movie we'll see together for a while, sadly.

G-d damn it, I love that movie so much. Sorry about having to deal with distance. Didn't know she wasn't headed there too, but that was just an assumption. As of today, there's an official new Miss Impy. She lives in Dallas. So I'll be right there with you.

You could have broke it off with her after watching it by calling yourself a "loner, Lady Friend. A rebel" and she couldn't have been mad. It's a fact.

She's still in HS, I believe. She'll be a Senior.

YLB, everyone has a different story regarding this. Sometimes, the distance/different lifestyle destroys the relationship posthaste. Sometimes, the bond is so strong that it survives. Making it work while at different schools is an uphill climb no matter how you look at it, though. If you and the lady friend really want to keep the relationship alive, I wish you the best of luck.

Well, that's certainly better I'd wager, but there's no way to know what will happen. Best to be aware it could happen though I guess. I've seen the nicest people in the world do horrible things just because their significant other isn't around. "Oh hai, it's college, nobody will ever know I fucked three dudes at this frat party. I <3 my bf!"

I've seen it so many times it's dumbfounding.

Well, that's certainly better I'd wager, but there's no way to know what will happen. Best to be aware it could happen though I guess. I've seen the nicest people in the world do horrible things just because their significant other isn't around. "Oh hai, it's college, nobody will ever know I fucked three dudes at this frat party. I <3 my bf!"

I've seen it so many times it's dumbfounding.

Oh, I could not agree more.

Works both ways, though.

I dunno, if YLB fucks three dudes at a frat party, I think he has bigger problems to worry about.

Show a little faith in the littlest of all bastards, Lance.

He'd not fuck three guys at a frat party. It would more likely occur in his dorm room, after he shows them his Back to the Future poster.

It might be happening now.

Show a little faith in the littlest of all bastards, Lance.

He'd not fuck three guys at a frat party. It would more likely occur in his dorm room, after he shows them his Back to the Future poster.

It might be happening now.

He did say he was going to "meet" some new people.

YLB there is an Avatar thread where Laz and his son debate the merits, or lack thereof, of the teaser.

I glanced at that earlier, need to go back and see the family dissent.

G-d damn it, I love that movie so much. Sorry about having to deal with distance. Didn't know she wasn't headed there too, but that was just an assumption. As of today, there's an official new Miss Impy. She lives in Dallas. So I'll be right there with you.

You could have broke it off with her after watching it by calling yourself a "loner, Lady Friend. A rebel" and she couldn't have been mad. It's a fact.

She started a new FB message with "Good morning, Mr. Breakfast!" so that's good.

Most relationships don't survive a move to different Universities. Just a warning, YLB.

YLB, everyone has a different story regarding this. Sometimes, the distance/different lifestyle destroys the relationship posthaste. Sometimes, the bond is so strong that it survives. Making it work while at different schools is an uphill climb no matter how you look at it, though. If you and the lady friend really want to keep the relationship alive, I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you, I appreciate it. We're set on seeing how it goes, and we plan to visit back-and-forth. I'd be coming down to see a few of the drama plays, Halloween Horror Nights, vacation, etc... and she may come up for some college visits (FSU is a top-choice for me, my involvement notwithstanding). I'm not sure how it'll roll, but I'm committed as of right now to making it work.

He did say he was going to "meet" some new people.

I meant to say "meat," my bad.

And I'm watching the '70s Dracula in my dorm right now. Frank Langella as Dracula, Laurence Olivier as Van Helsing, Donald Pleasance as Dr. Seward. Written by the guy who made Buckaroo Banzai. Score by John Williams. Holy shit.

Be honest: did you initially type "showed Pee-Wee to the Lady Friend yesterday...", and then realize what an awful mistake you were about to commit?

Because that would have been one hell of a setup.

I dunno, if YLB fucks three dudes at a frat party, I think he has bigger problems to worry about.

Beta Kappa Chi!!

You're IN, brother.

paddle_fraternity-paddle_ambrosia-maple-big.jpg

Be honest: did you initially type "showed Pee-Wee to the Lady Friend yesterday...", and then realize what an awful mistake you were about to commit?

Because that would have been one hell of a setup.

Beta Kappa Chi!!

You're IN, brother.

paddle_fraternity-paddle_ambrosia-maple-big.jpg

I can't make it that easy for you.

000130_sm.jpg

Donald Pleasance in a Dracula movie! THE BLUM is my hero, but come on!

I did actually type out "Mann-a-thon" a few weeks ago before hitting the brakes and realizing that I was about to commit a major mistake.

I've made a huge mistake.

I was just reading about some remakes on the horizon...

Clash of The Titans

A helmet ....a sword....a shield!!

It's a good thing Hollywood is not running out of ideas.

Also a remake of Red Dawn.

Back
Top Bottom