PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't care less because I'm not interested in cars and don't drive, but the stereo system was certainly state of the art back in the good old days and must be totally outdated by now. The interior looks horrible. If someone is willing enough to buy that care I'm sure that person has to put a shitload of money into this thing to have it refurbished.

I don't think U2 have to be at every charity concert and don't have to explain themselves or apologize if they're not performing at a show. There were a lot of high profile stars playing at the Sandy Relief show and it was a big success without U2 participating. I don't see why we should automatically assume that U2 are obliged to appear at every charity event.

Geez, I was joking. I didn't expect them there. The concert was still so recent in my mind, and then Bono and Edge go public about supporting the same cause.

Ye gods, that reads annoying with all the apostrophes turned into question marks. :crack: Couldn't they have just edited that?

B: The mother and the mirror of our dreams. This 3D thing they project into your brain is good, isn?t it? And well done to Larry Mullen for winning the Oscar. First man to win for best supporting actress. Genius! What an achievement.

:laugh: Oy, he's NOT gonna like that Bono!

There's a link at the bottom of the article to read it in newspaper form, without all those question marks.
Not sure if I can transfer it here:
The Irish Times epaper

you might need to just click the link yourself. Nice giant Bono pic too. :wink: Though it is an old one.

There's a link at the bottom of the article to read it in newspaper form, without all those question marks.
Not sure if I can transfer it here:
The Irish Times epaper

you might need to just click the link yourself. Nice giant Bono pic too. :wink: Though it is an old one.

Thanks but you do have to click the actual link to get the newspaper version. You can also print out page, which I did! :D

Don't know if this counts as news, it's more like a reminder but.... Grammy's tonight @8 PM EST! Hosted by LL Cool J.
U2 is nominated for Best Long Form Music Video for From The Sky Down :)
I'm definitely gonna try to watch.

Here's an article I found today on a look back at the 30th anniversary of War. I love Bono's quote about music at the time being 'wallpaper music.' A line he got from John Lennon. But I love Bono's description of that music as 'music to eat your breakfast to.' What a great line! I really miss that quality in him. There was an innocence and idealism to him that was so refreshing. Actually I think I remember seeing a video of that comment. An interview from San Fransisco 83 sitting in a park with Larry? Have to go look for it now.

Anyway, enough rambling...

Here's the article:

Salvatore Bono: U2's 30 Year War

There is a new documentary about South Africa coming on the HISTORY channel. I have been watching the trailer on my local History Channel for weeks now. It will air here on Saturday 16 February. Bono does make an appearence in the documentary (he's also in the trailer) and there will be a new/alternative version of Breathe played during the programme. It's the version Bono wrote for Nelson Mandela, the one he talked about during a radio interview when U2 were in South Africa for the 360 tour:

Bono, New Version of 'Breathe' In South Africa Documentary

You can also watch the trailer there.

Edit: The alternative version of Breathe is played over the end credits.

I read that as "joins husband Bono" :doh:

Anyway, I think it has been made clear in the past that Bono gives all the money from speaking commitments to charity.

Back
Top Bottom