New Forum Questions/comments - Discuss Here !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow it's sooo exciting in here! I am so bad with computers and change, so my head has been spinning trying to take everything in! I hope my avatar works...:p Guess what!?!?!

WE HAVE OUR PLEBA BACK!!! BETTER THAN EVER!!!

:bono: :larry: :adam:

I'm trying too Foadie! I don't think I'll ever figure it all out, I'm so lame and my computer is so slow!

I hope I can work it all and not mess up! I was dismayed at the lack of good looking avatars, not much AB Bono :scream: but I got me a nice mullet Bono and there are some cute Larry Bear~Cubs I can use sometimes!

Is there any way we can use a pic of our own as an avatar, how do you do it, and how do you get the pic in your sig? Does it have to be a thumbnail? Thanks to who can answer.

Foadie this is for you! :wink:

Attachments

• larrycuteteen.jpg
    larrycuteteen.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 96
Desire4Bono said:
Is there any way we can use a pic of our own as an avatar, how do you do it, and how do you get the pic in your sig? Does it have to be a thumbnail? Thanks to who can answer.

Yup, all you need to do is under the avatar section upload the one you want. Click the browse button and you can choose a pic from your hard drive and it uploads it. As long as it is 72X72 pixels. You can always use a photo editing program to shrink the photo to the right size.

Daisy is correct, once again, thanks daisy! :D

Desire...if you are still unclear on how to make an avatar, please email me the pics you want, and I will shrink them for you and email them back. :)

*Cheers*

Fishy <><

Gooooood morning PLEBA! Just popping in to say hi and welcome to the new forum :yes:

Oh and I?ll bet no one is surprised by sula?s personalized avatar. ;) Now ALL threads I post in shall be Viggofied! Mwhahahaha.:mac:

Yeah Fishy. I just saw that a few days ago while testing in here. :| Gotta go fix em. Dammit all! I?m going to have to figure out a place to put my Europe and U2 piccies because Yahoo (bastards) no longer let me link directly to my photo collection. :mad:

wow. im blown away by the new interference. just as i was getting used to the last one it changed. :yes:

mc said:
who do u get a pic next to your name?

Just go to your personal profile (UserCP >> Edit Profile) and near the bottom it will let you choose an avatar. You can use one of the many U2ey ones provided or upload your own (it has to be about 72 pixels square).

Cheers!

sulawesigirl4 said:

Just go to your personal profile (UserCP >> Edit Profile) and near the bottom it will let you choose an avatar. You can use one of the many U2ey ones provided or upload your own (it has to be about 72 pixels square).

Cheers!

sparkys girl said:
sicy look i got it to work!!!! woohoo! :D

Woah... I thought you wanted it as your avatar.

I think I misundertood you .. lol. Sorry! :eek:

Cool!!!

Just testing.......man it's a good thing I have the day off......

I'll be trying to figure this out for awhile.........
Pretty cool though.......

Hmm... I dunno. Make sure the file size meets the requirements.. also it kinda looks like theres a space on the last image bracket.. ?

I can't upload a pic into my sig editor. It says it's too big.

What is the max file size that can be uploaded:question:

Can'tSeeOrBeSeen said:
I can't upload a pic into my sig editor. It says it's too big.

What is the max file size that can be uploaded:question:

"Please keep sigs smaller than 150-200 pixels in height, and images smaller than 150 pixels in height. Do not stack images."

Right-click on the image, view Properties, and see how many pixels the image is. I couldn't find information on how small the file should be.. :confused:

Last edited:
elevatedmole said:

"Please keep sigs smaller than 150-200 pixels in height, and images smaller than 150 pixels in height. Do not stack images."

Right-click on the image, view Properties, and see how many pixels the image is. I couldn't find information the file size.. :confused:

Thanks for the info!
I made the image less than 150 pixels in height, but it still wouldn't upload. That's why I'm thinking that the file size is too big.

My compliments to all who worked on the new forum. The avatars are especially wonderful in PLEBA so we'll know better who likes what guy! (except that I've chosen the zooropa astronaut...hmmm...what does that say about me?) Everyone's avatars just contribute to the visual sexayness of the forum.

And I think PLEBA will be using this smilie a lot... :drool:

Trying one more time with the sig-

I made a lot of really hot AB Bono avatars that were no bigger looking than these but it still called them too big. I can't get a pixel reading but the bytes seem small enough. Can I send them to somebody? I hate to bug anybody but I want them!

Back
Top Bottom