The Joshua Tree Live: Sat Jan. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono B. Jones said:

Oh, we WILL play there. I'm glad you mentioned it because I totally forgot about this place. I played there back in 1995 so it's been some time ago.

We'll have Bonnie look into it and start making some calls.

I'll be sure to bring a de-fibulator in case you do, in fact, have a heart attack. :lol:

Chas is an ex EMT so he can take care of your CPR needs. :laugh:

So I was at Brennan's last night (and ok ok I'll admit it--the night before that too) and I talked to Peter, he's the co-owner of the place. Peter said to talk to his business partner Mike, because he is in charge of booking the shows. Apparently, they book shows up to 3 months in advance so it looks like April or May might be available but you've got to talk to him soon.

April or May sounds pretty exciting boys because if you play while U2 is in town, you would be providing a musical outlet for the people who didn't get tickets to see them. U2 play the 1st and 2nd in Anaheim and the 5th and 6th in L.A. You could potentially schedule an April show somewhere in between U2's dates if the days are available. (Hint hint the 8th is my birthday :shh:.)

Can you imagine watching U2 and JT playing on the same week? I wouldn't need CPR, I'd need a eulogy.

Peter was really excited to hear that you guys had played Molly Malone's and that you have a website to check out. If you do end up playing there, they will link your site to theirs. Andrea (my fave) waitress loves U2, esp. Bono so, you've got her inadvertently vying for you to play there as well. Just food for thought!

angel_of_L.A. said:

So I was at Brennan's last night (and ok ok I'll admit it--the night before that too) and I talked to Peter, he's the co-owner of the place. Peter said to talk to his business partner Mike, because he is in charge of booking the shows. Apparently, they book shows up to 3 months in advance so it looks like April or May might be available but you've got to talk to him soon.

April or May sounds pretty exciting boys because if you play while U2 is in town, you would be providing a musical outlet for the people who didn't get tickets to see them. U2 play the 1st and 2nd in Anaheim and the 5th and 6th in L.A. You could potentially schedule an April show somewhere in between U2's dates if the days are available. (Hint hint the 8th is my birthday :shh:.)

Can you imagine watching U2 and JT playing on the same week? I wouldn't need CPR, I'd need a eulogy.

Peter was really excited to hear that you guys had played Molly Malone's and that you have a website to check out. If you do end up playing there, they will link your site to theirs. Andrea (my fave) waitress loves U2, esp. Bono so, you've got her inadvertently vying for you to play there as well. Just food for thought!

Awesome Angel! We will be having Bonnie contact them this week. I already notified her and gave her the website. I'll be sure to pass this info on to her as well. I checked their calendar and they seem to be pretty booked up until the summer, but we'll see what we can do.

Also, for anyone interested, there's a few new video's on the site now from the show on New Years Day at Molly Malone's.

Check it out!

Ok, now eulogy practice....

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here to pay our respects to our dearly departed Mitzye, a.k.a. Angel of L.A. She was a fine young thing in the prime of her life. She loved U2 and apparantley became very fond recently of some U2 cover...err uhh...I mean TRIBUTE band called The Joshua Tree.
She died...she died as so many others have died...before her time. In your infinite wisdom Lord, you took her. Her memory will be with us always and forever. We will think of her everytime we "wake up and smell the coffee".

Amen"

**band plays Angel of Harlem...changed to Angel of L.A. to honor Mitzye** :sad: :(

How's that for starters Angel?

Bono B. Jones said:

Awesome Angel! We will be having Bonnie contact them this week. I already notified her and gave her the website. I'll be sure to pass this info on to her as well. I checked their calendar and they seem to be pretty booked up until the summer, but we'll see what we can do.

Also, for anyone interested, there's a few new video's on the site now from the show on New Years Day at Molly Malone's.

Check it out!

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here to pay our respects to our dearly departed Mitzye, a.k.a. Angel of L.A. She was a fine young thing in the prime of her life. She loved U2 and apparantley became very fond recently of some U2 cover...err uhh...I mean TRIBUTE band called The Joshua Tree.
She died...she died as so many others have died...before her time. In your infinite wisdom Lord, you took her. Her memory will be with us always and forever. We will think of her everytime we "wake up and smell the coffee".

Amen"

**band plays Angel of Harlem...changed to Angel of L.A. to honor Mitzye** :sad: :(

Wow, I am verklempt! That was beautiful, BB Jones :wiping tears away: Angel, you will be missed----can I take your place on the tall wooden stool while being serenaded by two rock stars?

Bono B. Jones said:

Check it out!

Amen"

:lmao: that's pretty damn good!

*wipes tears from her eyes*

Let me know what else I can do, I'm pretty sure they can squeeze you in before the summer (yup, I said squeeze). So, if this means that I have to go to Brennan's again and again then I will do it. I will go.

I'll take one for the team. :wink:

I had a dream.....a dream last night.....that we all got our wish to see JT AND U2 perform on the same day!

How WILD is that?

I did not want to wake up from that dream!

:no:

Carek1230 said:
I had a dream.....a dream last night.....that we all got our wish to see JT AND U2 perform on the same day!

How WILD is that?

That's why I turn my dreams into fantasies. Then I can think about them while at work!

:shh: :giggle:

Carek1230 said:

How WILD is that?

Actually, while I had some major high fever happening, I had a dream yesterday that I met Bono. The guys were all wearing their JT clothes, and I was hangin' in their guest house before a concert. Bono and I were sitting on one of the guest beds and he signed my new HTDAAB album cover. Then I woke up all drenched in sweat. Fever broke...again. Eeeewwww!!!

Hmmmm...U2...JT...I like that combo!

Wow, I just saw all the videos too...WOW! That was de ja vu, a FLASHBACK....a good dream. Yep! I was there! Good times, good times....:up:

I NEED TO KNOW WHEN'S THE NEXT GIG! :eek:

Hey all, its almost time to say goodbye to this thread. I just want to say its been fun and we have welcomed a few new friends on it.
We are so happy you are here with us now.
:yes:
Id like to put this out there:
sometimes mod closes thread before 500th post,
or right on target, so whoever gets in the last word (last post) gets a prize...ill figure it out somehow, but itll be interesting.
If you have a further idea or comment on this, post it on the new JT thread,
that way we wont waste it throwing ideas back and forth.
OR maybe
we should have last poster have to buy lunch?

Any ideas?

night_and_day66 said:
Hey all, its almost time to say goodbye to this thread. I just want to say its been fun and we have welcomed a few new friends on it.
We are so happy you are here with us now.
:yes:
Id like to put this out there:
sometimes mod closes thread before 500th post,
or right on target, so whoever gets in the last word (last post) gets a prize...ill figure it out somehow, but itll be interesting.
If you have a further idea or comment on this, post it on the new JT thread,
that way we wont waste it throwing ideas back and forth.
OR maybe
we should have last poster have to buy lunch?

Any ideas?

I will not buy everyone lunch, but I would like a prize. If I am the lucky one to have the last word (post) BUTT it depends on what the prize is.....cuz I might want to hand it off to someone else. You know, to a newbie, or someone who I think deserves it more than me. :happy: But yea, like the lady says above, it's been fun....all the threads are great-so full of creativity and love. These posts help me get through my work days....they truly light up my days and light up my nights! Yeah!

Whoever starts a new thread with the most interesting topic should get a prize! :yes:

Goodbye Joshua Tree Live January 29th thread, you will be missed.:sad:

We love you!

God bless, good night!

You are not a schmuck! And I have a whole tree full of lemons I would gladly give you! You don't MY lemon that's been rolling around in the cracks and crevices of Jase's vehicle, do you? It's all warm, mooshy and squooshy by now, yuck! :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom