The Gabba, Brisbane Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit I don't quite get the fuss about RSD, but that's because I don't like record shops, and this year's RSD is quite alright by me thanks to the Crowded House 3CD live release. Couldn't believe it was only $23, including postage all the way down here.

RYM informs me there are at least six bands called Isis, plus an I$I$. And my uni's switching mid-year to a new student management system called ISIS, haha.

I just LOVE all of the cool releases that come out. I mean, seriously, if you know anything about Tron, this thing is bitching:

TRON-Legacy-Translucence-Identity-Disc-Vinyl-Record-by-Daft-Punk.png

The thing about this Isis album was that I was just soooo confused, because it was so happy and NOT an Isis album, and definitely older than Isis should've been, so I was confused.

Pinback apparently had some new release for RSD. I need this tremendously but can't seem to find it online yet. :(

Listened to the Manic's Generation Terrorists just then, extremely long (18 songs what the hell) but has some cracking songs.

Now only need to listen to Gold Against the Soul and I've heard all of their album releases.

Other Record Store Day release I got was this beauty

5596141312_c701d7f57d.jpg

Listening to it now, it sounds wondrous.

I think Axver and Charlotte did. BrokeNCYDE has yet to make my eardrums bleed.

I think this has been one of my worst weekends in a while. Not the best way to start the holidays.

:hug: There, there, ickle Vladdie. Feel like talking about it?

I'm afraid some part of me will like it. And then I'll have to kill myself.

OH. I made it better. Well, that's alright then.

Imma go pass out now...

you can be sure
some go low to get high
you may hurt till you cry
you may die
keep on tryin
till its summer in the city
till its summer in the city...

I made a really, really distasteful/"too soon" joke about the NZ earthquake when I was hanging with mates a couple of weeks ago.

I wasn't going to post it, but everyone hates people who say "oh this thing happened/I/he/she said/it was so bad" and then don't go on to say it.

A mate of a mate of a mate is a Kiwi, a few years older than me/us, and he reckons he's had "75-odd" roots. We were talking about it and my mate said, "there's not even 75 birds in NZ". Then I said, "not anymore". Cue that oh that is fucked, you're a cunt-type laughter.

~

1. OutKast - "You May Die" - ATLiens (1:05)

BBC News - Service in NI for Julie Wong who died in NZ earthquake

The comments by the priest here really shit me. I FEEL THAT GOD LOVES US BECAUSE HE DESTROYED A BUNCH OF CHURCHES. SUCH FELLOWSHIP

What a tosser.

Seriously, uh, do you need much more apt proof that god doesn't exist in the fact that churches copped the quake worst of all? Which may be a wankery thing to say, but jesus fucking christ, when I saw people going on about "oh I'm praying for Christchurch", all I could think was that even if there is a god, he doesn't give two shits about you and your devotion. Do something useful instead. Christchurch didn't need prayers, it needed (and, let's be honest, still needs) blood, money, supplies, the works.

I made a really, really distasteful/"too soon" joke about the NZ earthquake when I was hanging with mates a couple of weeks ago.

I wasn't going to post it, but everyone hates people who say "oh this thing happened/I/he/she said/it was so bad" and then don't go on to say it.

A mate of a mate of a mate is a Kiwi, a few years older than me/us, and he reckons he's had "75-odd" roots. We were talking about it and my mate said, "there's not even 75 birds in NZ". Then I said, "not anymore". Cue that oh that is fucked, you're a cunt-type laughter.

Oh that's terrible.

... now I wish I could remember the "too soon" jokes I've made about Christchurch and Japan.

I know comments about radioactive sushi were made at my work when someone got Japanese for lunch, and the obvious Godzilla gags.

And dammit, I thought I'd run out of lungs to cough up. :grumpy:

I know comments about radioactive sushi were made at my work when someone got Japanese for lunch, and the obvious Godzilla gags.

Heh, yeah, I think we've all heard variations on those jokes by now.

Mum offered to fly to Japan to get her neck irradiated to kill her thyroid and cure her Graves' disease. Her doctors won't let her.

Today is what someone might call "pants-shittingly boring".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom