Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jesus, this place will be unbearable when this thing leaks...
if the band ever came on here i think they'd probably just call it a day.

Actually THAT'S what they should do, just as they did in New Year's Concert 1989. They stopped being the JT like U2 and they became a brand new exciting band and they made history with AB, Zooropa and Zoo TV :drool:

I'm tired of this "biggest band in the world" U2, doing the same s*** again and again, albums with only 11 songs, a cheap stadium opener number as a single (I can bet my house GOYB will be just as Elevation and Vertigo), gazillion incarnations of the same crap (aka "deluxe", "limited" editions like the HTDAAB with "book" rip-off) just to make more easy ca$h.

What's next?. A big world-wide tour, 4-5 singles, tons of Grammys, MTV Awards, Rolling Stone Magazine, "band of the year", "album of the year", "single of the year", "video of the year", etc, etc just because they're U2. And then more and more campaign, a 4 years waiting for a "new" album, Bono's moneytalks "our best album ever", "punk rock from Venus", "Edge is on fire", etc, etc.

All That U2 Can't Leave Behind :down:

makes me wonder if there's any correlation between the fact that we see 2 song titles that we had never heard of and U2 saying they were "2 songs short".

good thought...but I don't think so.

I think if they were two songs short its THAT one and maybe what became "White as Snow".

Fez-Being Born shows 5:58 on Gavin's board.

almost SIX minutes long!

It has got to be two songs blended into one! I would think that somewhere in the song a major tempo change happens thus the hyphenated title.

I don't get it folks. I hear people complain there was not a lot of info and judging the tracks that may have been official or not. Now that the album info is out I still hear complaints now about the cover the tracks that the titles are to long or why wasn't that song included. Listen to it when it is released and then make your judgements. Other wise for your own band.

Ill just say with regards to the lengthening of Crazy tonight...

Its not going to get called "Ill Go Crazy If I Dont Go Crazy Tonight" anymore than Stuck In a Moment was actually called "Stuck In A Moment You Cant Get Out Of".

:up:

Actually THAT'S what they should do, just as they did in New Year's Concert 1989. They stopped being the JT like U2 and they became a brand new exciting band and they made history with AB, Zooropa and Zoo TV :drool:

I'm tired of this "biggest band in the world" U2, doing the same s*** again and again, albums with only 11 songs, a cheap stadium opener number as a single (I can bet my house GOYB will be just as Elevation and Vertigo), gazillion incarnations of the same crap (aka "deluxe", "limited" editions like the HTDAAB with "book" rip-off) just to make more easy ca$h.

What's next?. A big world-wide tour, 4-5 singles, tons of Grammys, MTV Awards, Rolling Stone Magazine, "band of the year", "album of the year", "single of the year", "video of the year", etc, etc just because they're U2. And then more and more campaign, a 4 years waiting for a "new" album, Bono's moneytalks "our best album ever", "punk rock from Venus", "Edge is on fire", etc, etc.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Ill just say with regards to the lengthening of Crazy tonight...

Its not going to get called "Ill Go Crazy If I Dont Go Crazy Tonight" anymore than Stuck In a Moment was actually called "Stuck In A Moment You Cant Get Out Of".

:up:

Ponkine

viejo, si no te gusta, corta el webeo y deja de molestar aca, y escucha al U2 que te gusta, no vayas al concierto cuando vengan en 2010 y asi queda una entrada mas para ir con mi polola :D

Dude, stop the hating, please

at least you don't post gazillion smilies now

:wave:

Last edited:

I cordially invite you to have a discussion about the track total. I'll even re-post what I said to you before:

Given that you have an 11-song album as your avatar picture, this makes no sense. You like JT, yes? Would you rather they added 10, 20, 30 -odd songs to it? Or is it an excellent album?

U2 aren't trying to have a most-prolific contest with Ryan Adams. The album is pushing an hour long (possibly their longest ever), which is probably too long unless the songs are exceptional and hold the listener's interest very well.

Nobody would be complaining if this was a 15-song album that was the exact same length (well, I might be). I'd much rather have 11 tracks averaging 5.5 minutes than 15 tracks averaging 4 minutes from a band like U2. The former means they are pushing boundaries, and the latter means we're probably getting HTDAAB part 2.

This is likely U2's longest album, and about 20 minutes longer than the mean of Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, and Rubber Soul.

There are plenty of things to worry about with a 55 minute album (like NLOTH), but running time certainly isn't one of them.

Please feel free to address any of these points and add some coherent reasoning to your complaining.

Hey.... I know the true about the tracklist.....

Fez - Being Born = Mercy (Eno Night Version Edited Version v.2)!!!!!!!!
White as Snow = Jitterbug Baby (Trash Version from Achtung Baby re-edit mix)
Bonus Track JP/UK and Australia: Sick for Love My Doctor Doctor (Mix from Salome Tracks)......

:D

I cordially invite you to have a discussion about the track total. I'll even re-post what I said to you before:

Given that you have an 11-song album as your avatar picture, this makes no sense. You like JT, yes? Would you rather they added 10, 20, 30 -odd songs to it? Or is it an excellent album?

That's such an intelligent argument. We tend to want more and more, but we usually forget that quantity does not mean something better.

Another reason for Tripoli becoming the Fez song is that the Anton Corbijn filming of the guy on the motorbike relates to this song & could be included in his film.

"The new album blends such classic U2 rockers as "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" and "Get on Your Boots" with more experimental fare like the seven-minute "Moment of Surrender" and "Fez -- Being Born." The former is an electro-leaning track with an Eastern-inspired scale in the chorus, making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades."

from billboard

Another reason for Tripoli becoming the Fez song is that the Anton Corbijn filming of the guy on the motorbike relates to this song & could be included in his film.

Well that could actually be an argument against as well...

We know Tipoli lyrically fit the movie description, and the movie was suppose to have songs not found on the album in order to make the deluxe version desirable and reduce downloading.

Back
Top Bottom