Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread =
tantrum.jpg

Interference = that picture

I think people are really bored and need another hobby.

coin collecting?

model building?

illegal drug smuggling?

This thread =
tantrum.jpg

isn't it like that for every thread in this subforum?

:lmao:at both of these.
think about it:-

a new album could consist of:-

Every breaking wave
Winter
tripoli
beach clip 402
beach clip 404
and dare i say it Mercy!

Thats 6 songs!

Hmm...an LP/EP double-punch along the lines of Viva La Vida/Prospekt's March? Both exciting and plausible! Especially since we all know that U2 likes to have something out for November...:hyper:

Fly2000, I was just coming in to edit my post to say the same thing. Could be a 2nd album on the way very soon....

same cover just upside down I guess :)
That IS a good idea...but what if someone put the EP/second album upside down on the store shelf? It would be MADNESS. MADNESS, I tell you!
:wink:
Personally, I think a colorized version of the NLOTH cover would be perfect for a follow-up release. Similar, yet distinct enough to be its own thing...just like a good EP.

I think people will mostly forgive the IGCIICGCT title when/if Bono comes in with the "Baby, baby, baby!" bridge featured on beach clip 5.

I think everyone should make a list of their 10 favorite albums (you can even do only non-U2 albums) and see how many of them fall into the 35 to 55 minute range. (Hint: it should be at least 9 of them). It isn't merely coincidence that great albums have a pretty defined length. It's an intrinsic part of the reason they are great.

Abby Road is 47 minutes, and Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, and Rubber Soul are all less than 40. Does that make these disappointing albums? No, that's silly. A 55 minute album (like NLOTH) has plenty of ways to be disappointing, but short running length is not one of them. If you disagree, that's ok, but you either have a flagrant disregard or frank ignorance of the history of pop/rock music.

(And yes, I'm well aware that the so-called 'White Album' is 93 minutes).

Why are people still saying this?

We have a description of Tripoli and we now have a description of Fez, they have nothing in common except they are locations, and if you pull out a map you'll notice they are DIFFERENT locations...

wait! we have a description of Fez? where? :ohmy:

Really, where is the description of Fez? All I heard was experimental, and so is Tripoli. Not saying Fez is Tripoli, but it could be.

The supposed "more description" of Fez is in this article. Although, I agree that all it implies that it's more experimental. Which to be honest, the clip I heard of Tripoli didn't seem experimental to me.

U2 Reveals New Album Track List

Tripoli sounded really good in that Lanois movie clip, damn I hope it appears somewhere.

Ehmm, my post was a ironic remark.

:wink:

OH.....shit.....:ohmy:

Really, where is the description of Fez? All I heard was experimental, and so is Tripoli. Not saying Fez is Tripoli, but it could be.

I don't think we have anything more than a quick remark from some review of the album that actually calls "Fez-Being Born" one of the more experimental tracks on the album. Its on here somewhere...I just read it.

I don't think connecting the two songs is out of the ordinary. If people stop perserverating on the names of the cities in the titles and go by what we've read about the two songs, a slight connection could be made. Think of it this way...how hard would it be for Bono to take a song named Tripoli and change it to Fez? Both cities are in Northern Africa...the subject matter could be the same. Maybe the story changed from the guy running around in Libya to running around in Morocco. Who knows? but its not that far fetched. Until we hear it we won't know, but if I had to make a guess on what happened to Tripoli (a song that RS basically said was tentatively on the album when they interviewed the band) I would guess it became Fez- Being Born.

I think people will mostly forgive the IGCIICGCT title when/if Bono comes in with the "Baby, baby, baby!" bridge featured on beach clip 5.

Billboard says:

"The new album blends such classic U2 rockers as "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" and "Get on Your Boots"

so I don't think BC#5 is Crazy Tonight after all as it doesn't sound like a "rocker" or "this album's BD" to me :hmm:

OH.....shit.....:ohmy:

I don't think we have anything more than a quick remark from some review of the album that actually calls "Fez-Being Born" one of the more experimental tracks on the album. Its on here somewhere...I just read it.

I don't think connecting the two songs is out of the ordinary. If people stop perserverating on the names of the cities in the titles and go by what we've read about the two songs, a slight connection could be made. Think of it this way...how hard would it be for Bono to take a song named Tripoli and change it to Fez? Both cities are in Northern Africa...the subject matter could be the same. Maybe the story changed from the guy running around in Libya to running around in Morocco. Who knows? but its not that far fetched. Until we hear it we won't know, but if I had to make a guess on what happened to Tripoli (a song that RS basically said was tentatively on the album when they interviewed the band) I would guess it became Fez- Being Born.

Good points, plus we know Bono was changing lyrics at the last minute for at least one other song (Stand Up Comedy).

Because both have been described as being very experimental.

I forgot that Tripoli was described as being very experimental, I just remember the lyrical description...

So maybe the two songs combined :shrug:

I take it back, they may be the same and Bono just took out the specific locational lyrics...

Well, my first impressions were that Tripoli turned into Fez-Being Born (because of the fact that the song was from the Fez sessions, the alleged experimental nature... I don't think songwriting has shit to do with geography) and Winter to White as Snow.

On the other hand, I could be dead wrong. Maybe we'll find out in some further album articles.

My only complaint with the tracklisting is track 5, I wish they stuck with Crazy Tonight. It looks absurd in comparison with the other titles.

Oh, and Stand Up Comedy is much better than just Stand Up. The latter sounds like an S Club 7 song.

Well, my first impressions were that Tripoli turned into Fez-Being Born (because of the fact that the song was from the Fez sessions, the alleged experimental nature... I don't think songwriting has shit to do with geography) and Winter to White as Snow.

On the other hand, I could be dead wrong. Maybe we'll find out in some further album articles.

My only complaint with the tracklisting is track 5, I wish they stuck with Crazy Tonight. It looks absurd in comparison with the other titles.

Oh, and Stand Up Comedy is much better than just Stand Up. The latter sounds like an S Club 7 song.

Maybe Fez is a whole new piece and Being Born is Tripoli? Maybe Being Born is about the drive from Fez to Tripoli to see the fires burning?

just curious...what was the length of the song "Fez-Being Born" on the whiteboard? Were we able to make it out?

If its over 5 minutes then their is a chance that it could be two songs that bleed into one another. Didn't an early review of Tripoli say that it had dramatic change of tempo as if it were two songs? Anyone remember that? I wish I could find it. People on here were comparing it to some songs from other bands with major tempo changes.

Yep I agree with you djerdap, Winter becomes White as Snow, Tripoli to Fez- being born possibly. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight is a bit long winded maybe but overall the titles have improved from those originally stated in my opinion. No Every breaking wave though (awful title!)

makes me wonder if there's any correlation between the fact that we see 2 song titles that we had never heard of and U2 saying they were "2 songs short".

just curious...what was the length of the song "Fez-Being Born" on the whiteboard? Were we able to make it out?

If its over 5 minutes then their is a chance that it could be two songs that bleed into one another. Didn't an early review of Tripoli say that it had dramatic change of tempo as if it were two songs? Anyone remember that? I wish I could find it. People on here were comparing it to some songs from other bands with major tempo changes.

Fez-Being Born shows 5:58 on Gavin's board.

In the online q article it implies that wave was a newer song & on the board its lyrics were still in progress so this might be why its not included.

Back
Top Bottom