New album talk: I heard that it was big but this... is really big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 songs in, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The title track kicks all kinds of ass, of course, but I think songs drag on a little too long.

I like the new sound, but I'm not sure I dig the new songs. We'll see (I was underwhelmed by The Suburbs also)

4 songs in, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The title track kicks all kinds of ass, of course, but I think songs drag on a little too long.

I like the new sound, but I'm not sure I dig the new songs. We'll see (I was underwhelmed by The Suburbs also)

Wait till the 2nd disk. :drool:

Yeaaa, I don't think I'm gonna waste money on a RnH reissue. Didn't buy BOctoWar and UF reissues either. Only other one I'll be interested in is Pop.

:waiting: So sod it guys, forget the remaster and start working on that new album!

:wink:

the article says "upcoming 25th anniversary of Rattle and Hum" - hasn't it passed already?? (i can't keep up lol!)

That's what I thought too. According to wikipedia, the album came out on the 10th and the film premiered on the 27th. So if this is true, they would not only be doing something special for an album that wasn't exactly loved.... but they'd be late, as well. :scratch:

Call me crazy, but what if they filmed a little video for Desire that's ... gasp, not attached to a remaster, they just did it as a little treat to mark the anniversary. This has nothing to do with a Rattle and Hum remaster OR the new album, and is just a little video to celebrate the 25th year?

John, that bathroom's been closed for 40 years WOOOOOOOOOOOAH

Call me crazy, but what if they filmed a little video for Desire that's ... gasp, not attached to a remaster, they just did it as a little treat to mark the anniversary. This has nothing to do with a Rattle and Hum remaster OR the new album, and is just a little video to celebrate the 25th year?

John, that bathroom's been closed for 40 years WOOOOOOOOOOOAH

Now that's what I was thinking too at first when I had only heard the video with Desire part. Afterwards I saw the other video with the unknown song & I'm thinking could go either/ both ways, small tribute to R&H anny without rerelease & working on parts of new album video. I don't understand why so many people are getting bent out of shape when someone sees the possibility of this being anniversary related. Even if its not, it's like. 'How dare u think itz not the new album!!1!!' It is still the 25th YEAR anniversary. The Rolling Stones released Grrrr 50 years & counting a few months after the 50th anny of their first gig as the Stones.

I would absolutely love it if they gave us a previously unreleased Lovetown show, but I'm afraid if they do release a 25th anniversary edition, they'd just troll us hard like they did with Achtung (Zoo TV Sydney) and put (the audio of) the new year's Point Depot show on it.

The only thing I'd really want from an R&H reissue is a live version of Hawkmoon in high quality.

Just think in one week from today we could be possibly hearing the full version of ordinary love! :):drool:

Even though the new Arcade Fire album completely overshadows my excitement for this, I do agree that it will be nice to have a new U2 song next Wednesday.

Just think in one week from today we could be possibly hearing the full version of ordinary love! :):drool:

:up: I'm excited for this. Not CRAZY excited but if its as good as The Hands That Built America, I'd be happy. I think that's a really good song by U2 standards, especially the part 'it's early fall, a cloud in the New York skyline, innocence dragged across a yellow line.'

:up: I'm excited for this. Not CRAZY excited but if its as good as The Hands That Built America, I'd be happy. I think that's a really good song by U2 standards, especially the part 'it's early fall, a cloud in the New York skyline, innocence dragged across a yellow line.'
If it isn't even better than "The Hands that built Mmmmurica" I'm gonna vommit.

I would absolutely love it if they gave us a previously unreleased Lovetown show, but I'm afraid if they do release a 25th anniversary edition, they'd just troll us hard like they did with Achtung (Zoo TV Sydney) and put (the audio of) the new year's Point Depot show on it.

I agree 100% with this something just tells me we will get an audio of one and or cpmposite of the Point Shows.

U2+-+Bubble+And+Gum+-+MEMORABILIA-264570.jpg

For the love of god please no.

Hey, whatever. I like uptempo, mid tempo, slow U2 songs. I'd rather hear along the lines of Dirty Day, God PT 2, Exit but it's a soundtrack song so I'm setting up my expectations. Stay is a great mid-tempo/ slow U2 track so there's hope for Ordinary Love. Throw me in the crowd that really likes If You Wear that Velvet Dress & Grace.

Edit: add in the The Fly & Ultraviolet to my wish list

* SPOILER *

Has there been any news about the next subscriber gift? Maybe they'll do some sort of R&H anniversary thing for that :shrug:

I wonder if we'll ever get a better Rattle and Hum movie release with more features than just the trailer. We know outtakes exist, they've been around for years, but in pretty sub par quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom