rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just finished to see the videos, and it looks like it's going to be a wonderful dvd, and the new edition is awesome. The only bad thing is Bono's voice, it wasn't a bad night after all, but compare to previous shows is not as good as it was at almost the entirely tour.

I don't like the song title captions. I hope its for this broadcast and not on the DVD. Probably is though. :hmm:

yeah, in HD the concert looks PHENOMINAL. The intro works if you can get over breathe, and the MOS rap was very good. The driection was perfect for the rap, it is a real highlight of the show. I can't wait for UTEOTW and UC on the BD

I'm sure this has been clarified before, still I'm a little confused with the different versions right now: Will "Breathe" only be featured on the bonus disc (disc 2) of the Deluxe and Super Deluxe editions? And will it still be "Breathe" from The Rose Bowl - because there were stories earlier that "Breathe" might be cut in from another show (Barcelona?). Thanks for answering.

Did you guys know that amazon.de are offering the complete box -so the full shizzle including 2dvd digipack, bluray, 32 page book and plectrums- for €42?
I pre-ordered it yesterday, which means that even if the price would go up nothing more than that amount will be debited from my card.
Full price incl. shipping to the UK would be €48 and to the US €49 (incl. shipping!)
With the euro plunging to new depths :sad: this must be the best option to you guys too, right?

Did you guys know that amazon.de are offering the complete box -so the full shizzle including 2dvd digipack, bluray, 32 page book and plectrums- for €42?
I pre-ordered it yesterday, which means that even if the price would go up nothing more than that amount will be debited from my card.
Full price incl. shipping to the UK would be €48 and to the US €49 (incl. shipping!)
With the euro plunging to new depths :sad: this must be the best option to you guys too, right?

:eyebrow:

Do you have the exact link to this? Because I just looked and no price is given for the Super Deluxe set.

The infinite debate is finally resolved... the Portuguese subtitles indicate that Bono and Edge are singing "Ultraviolet" instead of "Ultraviolet light" or "Ultraviolet love" or "Oh tomorrow love" or one of the 2390492590825489034589109 other things that people heard.

:love: Finally someone saying I'm right for a change.

I'm trying not to look at the vids but it's tempting!

And ^seconds that. Link please :hyper:

Most importantly, have they fixed that awfully-timed camera shot in Streets??

^ But amazon.de doesn't show price or any details about the content of the Super Deluxe Edition.

:eyebrow:

Do you have the exact link to this? Because I just looked and no price is given for the Super Deluxe set.

:love: Finally someone saying I'm right for a change.

I'm trying not to look at the vids but it's tempting!

And ^seconds that. Link please :hyper:

Here it is. But it seems they raised the price to €90! I'm so sorry, a few hours ago I checked and it still was €42...
Now I am quite certain that this box will not sell under $100 at first, and must be quite a special package. A little too special for merely a concert dvd release maybe...

Btw: for the REAL collectors out there, Play.com is offering the blu-ray with an 'exclusive slipcase'... Not that it improves the cover imho.
U2-360-Rose-Bowl.jpg

Can I just say - first WOW about those clips - looking good!!

BUT... something seems to be missing from the audio mix, some times I can't hear Adam AT ALL, and other times Edge - like on MOS edge seems to be playing but nothing is coming out. And Crazy Tonight has a very empty sound about it :hmm: I hope it's just that upload that's got the issue... Or maybe my ears :crack:

Also, we have an official Portuguese translation of the MOS rap, some of whose lyrics were uncertain. I'm too lazy to run it through Google Translate tonight.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure, at least this is what I hear:

Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do
the worst, the curse was that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
there is a place where you don't need any help
when I first met you your face was like snow
wherever I went you wanted to go
your face, your grace, your lipstick case
your case as you put it down
8:17 on the ground
your faith in a clown (?)
don't leave me now
alone in this song
don't leave me now
alone in this song

Beautiful part, I really love it.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure, at least this is what I hear:

Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do
the worst, the curse was that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
there is a place where you don't need any help - hell is a place...
when I first met you your face was like snow
wherever I went you wanted to go
your face, your grace, your lipstick case
your case as you put it down
8:17 on the ground
your faith in a clown (?) - I hear ''crown''.
don't leave me now
alone in this song
don't leave me now
alone in this song

Beautiful part, I really love it.
I love it too!

It was so late when the broadcast was on, I didn't remember him doing the rap in MOS, those lyrics are nearly identical to the SNL performance, in which the line was definitely 'crown'.

Most importantly, have they fixed that awfully-timed camera shot in Streets??

What do you mean? Are you going by the broadcast?

The broadcast and the DVD will be nothing alike, most of it not even from the same cameras, some cameras will be the same but the live broadcast and filming most likely used different cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom