Yucky Rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by madonna's child:
Puh-lease.
rolleyes.gif

If Courtney Cox was potentinally having an affair, Ted Casablanca from E! Online would have caught it. You can check there, but I know you won't find anything. If Ted can't see it, no one can. And the Larry thing is defintly taken out of context.

The band is fine. They just need a vacation.

amen for ted casablanca!!

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

and all this was said.........
rolleyes.gif

u prob all read it or someone put it down anyway........
smile.gif

Last week Bono and the rest of U2 took time out after their appearance at the Irish Music Awards for a chat with Ireland's biggest entertainment website.

Bono spoke openly about his on going battle to clear third world debt saying "It's going great but we are still at the bottom of a very steep incline. When I have to convince people that this is an emergency in the world, concerning HIV aids. It not really the moment to be debating these kinds of things when there is 25 million Africans who are HIV positive."

He continued "I think it's chronic and odd that I have to use the currency of rock and roll to get this arguments out there but so be it."

The U2 singer also spoke out about the work he and the band have done closer to home in the North of Ireland. "One of the great moments of our musical lives was playing the Waterfront Hall in Belfast. We agonized over that and said 'do people really need to hear U2 on their soap box over that referendum.' But, I'm really glad that we did. That was a turning point for this island. If the music community can play even a tiny part in turning in the right direction, that's great."

Adam Clayton also spoke about the bands recent success at the Grammy's in the US admitting the band never get tired of it being honored.

"Winning Grammy's is something you never get tired of. To be winning them at this stage with the band, on our 11th or 12th record, is relevant. Or even more relevant than the Joshua Tree, when we first won a few. We enjoyed it and were happy to be a part of it."

Speaking about the band's continuing success The Edge admitted the band are still hungry. "We have never lost that ambition. We are still trying to say the things you want to say in ways that have never been heard before. It's an ongoing challenge. It is why we still work and it's why we still think we can do it. We always think we can make the album that is in our heads and occasionally we do."

Bono then spoke about where U2 came from and where they planned to go. "We are a punk rock band. We just didn't want to play punk rock music and the songs that we heard in our heads were odd melody's they were about unusual places. We did not have the equipment or the talent to get them on to the album. That is very humbling and you are waiting for an accident. Or as Quincy Jones would say 'you're waiting for god to walk through the room in order to do some thing great.'"

He went on "It is shocking that we are in the studio today and we have a new engineer and he was a fan for 20 years. I just watched him as he watched us. It bewildered him as he watched and realized that these people are really crap when they are behind closed doors. I watched this dawn on him. He was shocked."

The Edge then spoke about the band's friend Gavin Friday and said he the singer should have won an award.

"Gavin Friday is a great talent and someone we have known for years he is one amazing artist and like us he came from the punk movement. He has got a completely original point of view and long may he continue to work."

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Something must have happened, what it is I don't know but for sure it's more then just having good vibes in the studio and don't want to interupt that with a tour, they should have known that a week ago and not so openly confirmed it when asked.
I hope I'm so deadly wrong but this is what come to mind when I think about it and it isn't feeling good about them cancelling the tour.

I agree. I know you?re gonna hate me for doing this...in fact I hate to do this, but it?s from a source from Portugal, and surely many of you haven?t read it.

http://www.correiomanha.pt/showNews.php?id=27020

This report sugests that the tour plans may have been canceled because of death threats against Bono, including an alleged "fatwa" issued by an Islamic fundamentalist organization similar to one issued many years ago against author Salman Rushdie. The report does say these reasons are "little probable" and quotes a friend of Bono as saying he "will not be silenced through death threats" and "he won?t give up on his crusades".

We got several news from portuguese fans here in Brasil. It seems that the concerts in Portugal would really happen in August, the Alvaiade stadium had already been booked. There was more than 2000 tickest pre-ordered already, only in Portugal. The portuguese promoter said also that "no reasons were given for cancelling the shows".

Plus, it seems that they increased their security measures. You know that story that happened in the Meteor Irish Awards...about people being forbiden, by U2 security staff, to use the toilletes while the guys were there...really strange.

Okay, shoot me now. I won?t blame for you that.

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 03-12-2002).]

There was never officially a tour. The only reason to be concerned is if it was officially announced and the retracted. Let's face it we got so into the summer tour romor we forgot that it was just that ...a rumor. My feelign is that u2 doesn't wanna tour stadiums without another album. remember the POP deal..commiting to tour dates before an album was done...and the crap they got into...they are smart because they don't wanna make the same date twice.

Originally posted by Arun V:
There was never officially a tour. The only reason to be concerned is if it was officially announced and the retracted. Let's face it we got so into the summer tour romor we forgot that it was just that ...a rumor. My feelign is that u2 doesn't wanna tour stadiums without another album. remember the POP deal..commiting to tour dates before an album was done...and the crap they got into...they are smart because they don't wanna make the same date twice.

I agree ARUN!!! I think we did all forget that that summer tour was just a rumor... Plus, they do have the right to change their minds about things...

I say lets relax and wait for the new album!!! I'm sure it will be GREAT!!!

cheers Maddie for posting this. It makes me feel a bit better

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Thank you mmmBono, ramblin rose and Sula for clarifying that it wasn't most of the people posting at Zootopia that you didn't like, but the format and small group of U2 haters.

NO. They've been together for so long, they wouldn't be breaking up over affair rumours or over Bono's charity work.

Though it all looks weird - Bono spoke about the tour, stadium reservations were made, and then the tour gets cancelled. Wish the band would make some kind of statement and clear things up.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-12-2002).]

I heard the tour was canceled because Bono's hairplugs are coming out and have to be redone.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I heard the tour was canceled because Bono's hairplugs are coming out and have to be redone.

Nah, they won't come out. It's surgery - they stay (imagine having heart surgery and then your heart coming out!
eek.gif
).

However, perhaps after reading the "Is Bono Going Bald?" thread, Bono was so humiliated that he went to get more done!

Let's send him a get-well card.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 03-12-2002).]

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
Thank you mmmBono, ramblin rose and Sula for clarifying that it wasn't most of the people posting at Zootopia that you didn't like, but the format and small group of U2 haters.

I mostly hate Zootopia because of that nasty BostonAnne. My, does she go on and on and on! And her spelling! Yikes!

Oh... Hi BostonAnne... Uh... you wouldn't be the same BostonAnne from Zootopia, would you?

*runs

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I mostly hate Zootopia because of that nasty BostonAnne. My, does she go on and on and on! And her spelling! Yikes!

Oh... Hi BostonAnne... Uh... you wouldn't be the same BostonAnne from Zootopia, would you?

*runs

biggrin.gif

Yes doctorwho, I'm the same nickname at both sites. I replied to your message but you were gone! If you don't intend on venturing back please e-mail me: cimon378@earthlink.net

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-12-2002).]

Rumors are the oxygen of Music and Rock n Roll.I think even if there was a thing like that, to me this is not new.They are four people who fight a lot while making records.I remeber once Bono saying that every time they go into studio they are on a verge of spilt (something to that effect).Anyhow they are mature enough to deal with these sort of silly problems.

Coming back to this "news" of sort, U2 will never fight because one of its member is dating someone.I think they all respect each others private lives,let face it they are more like a family.Plus Adam and The Edge are married couple (refer to NME website)
biggrin.gif

------------------
In this Ozland

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 03-12-2002).]

Originally posted by BostonAnne:

Yes doctorwho, I'm the same nickname at both sites. I replied to your message but you were gone! If you don't intend on venturing back please e-mail me: cimon378@earthlink.net

I'm joking! Obviously it was you on both sites.
biggrin.gif

And I waited for a long time, but receive no replies from anyone! I IM'ed others there too and got nothing. Odd...

Actually, I only went to Zootopia because you talked about it here - so good job advertising. I may venture back soon.

Maybe the rumors of an Adam/Edge fight are silly, but perhaps there still is a serious reason for cancelling.

For example, why is Adam not present at many events (causing the "cardboard Adam" to appear)? What if Adam is ill? What if a member of Adam's family is ill? What if another U2 member or other U2 family members are ill? Bono may have fought the brave fight by touring while his father was ill - but this is because the tour was already ongoing when his father became seriously ill. Would Bono have toured if his father was seriously ill before the tour started?

And remember when U2 cancelled the NYC charity performance? It was claimed that Bono cancelled due to an anthrax scare. What if something similar has happened?

I hate to add more fuel to this speculation, but for U2 to cancel a supposed fourth leg of the tour now, losing $$ from booked stadiums, makes it sound like something major is up.

I pray that they are all safe and healthy.

this is exactely what I?ve been thinking doctorwho. Thanks for posting it.

I think the best we can do it just take a deep breath and wait. Don?t jump to conclutions and make yourself sick of worries

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Man, honestly, is it me, or does it seem EVERYTIME theres some sort of bad news regarding u2 (a la not touring this summer) that there is always a rumor of Adam leaving the band accompanying it.

I mean, with all ive heard, he could have left the band five times over, easy.

Leave sparky alone!

yeah well surely if Sparky was gonna leave the band he woulda done it a looooooong time ago..........he coulda packed up himself and his cute afro, or himself and his cute yellow mohican and ran off to an island, to be alone, just him and his guitar.....

...also, if U2 felt they done everything, they feel there was nothing left to try, that and winning so many awards............personally its time for a 2 year break, according to me,,,,,,,then its their choice......

Adam wasnt present at the tour announcement either.....it's just adam's nature. In fact I think he was taking a whiz while the band was accepting a grammy once. And I don't think they lost money on stadium bookings. MY bet is that they never actually booked a damn thing. They prolly just looked into it and the whole thing exploded into "they booked this and booked that". U2 knew these rumors were circulatng and wanted to lay them to rest because travel companies were already selling packages for a tour that wasn't announced. Also like I said before bookin stdiums before an album was done..worked so well for them last time...I'm sure they are anxious to do it again (yeah right).

Originally posted by doctorwho:
And remember when U2 cancelled the NYC charity performance? It was claimed that Bono cancelled due to an anthrax scare. What if something similar has happened?

There was no Anthrax scare. That was just a stupid rumor. It was only reported by one source (and if memory serves not even a reputable one) then picked up by a couple others.

How do I know it wasn't true? That was during the time that the US media was in a frenzy over Anthrax (and God help us all when the media get in a frenzy over something) and reported every scare, every hoax, every report of possible hoax, every bottle of spilled powdered sugar
rolleyes.gif
etc. It was insane! Yet there was never any report of any anthrax scares in Ireland on any news report or news station, much less at a school. It's just plain stupid to give any thought to those sorts of rumors.

True, there might be something serious going on, but it's really a lot more likely that they finally realized that they weren't going to get squat done on a new album in the next few months with Bono flying all over the world working for Africa, so they decided they'd better plan on taking more time with the new record.

They DID book stadiums, believe it or not, it wasn't just rumors. I live next door to one of them and it was indeed booked for U2. This tour wasn't just in their mind or thoughts. They have announced it themselves even if it wasn't officially written on U2.com. A word from any within the band, eye to eye, is for sure just as much worth it. And look at the latest pics of Bono, he's posing infront of a poster announcing a U2/oasis show. It was even posters printed!!

I'm still asking the question, why the h**l did they say it was gonna be a tour just a week ago, they must have known by then that they wanted to take a break or that they were late on the album. This just isn't like them. They have never "lead us on" before and then abruptly changed their mind. As I've said before, they have always been very open and honest about what's going on when fans have approached them. If nothing has been set and still been in their thoughts, they have said so, if something have been set NOT to happen they have said so (like touring Australia last fall/this winter) and if things are happening they have also said so, even if it hasn't been officially announced. I've witnessed one of these approaches myself this summer when Dallas announced a third leg was gonna happen, me and my friends was the first to know and not the whole schedule was ready by then but he still told us it was happening. Weren't we supposed to believe him then, only because it wasn't on u2.com or offically announced?
Once again, this whole thing isn't like U2's "normal" behaviour. I'm afraid something has happened, what it is I don't know. I hope it's nothing serious within the band.

And this talk about how "bad" Popmart went and that they don't want to do the same mistake. Just for the record, it was only in one single place in the world Popmart went bad.... USA. As far as I know we are talking about Europe here and no tour, no matter what kind of planning hey have done, have gone bad here.

According to the Irish Mirror dated 3/13/02, as posted on Youtwo.net, U2 could perform a one off show in Belfast this summer. They quoted Bono as saying...

"We have a special place in our hearts for Belfast. It was a shame we could not bring the Elevation tour there. But if we find the right promoter we'd love to play in there."

Originally posted by brettig:
'I think thats kinda bullshit'

AMEN!

On second thought, I must admit I'm kind of scared about these rumours.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 03-13-2002).]

"there was this big fight between edge and adam because of something to do with adam being spotted with courtney cox recently (really adam, you could do better!) and the morals issue was at hand cos she's still married to what's his name... adam brought up the whole 'religious differences' thing and about not feeling 'united' with the band anymore. i guess bono was dragged into the ordeal too and tried to rationalize, but ended up arguing also... "

these guys have been friends for over 20 years... friendship over this many years would not dissolve in stupid tabloid fashion... you may fight and quarrel but you would never break up friendship that is so deep... the paparazzi are just looking for the next big story..... and U2 ranks really high on that list right now.....

-------------------------
if you care, say a prayer.

Back
Top Bottom