Youtube/Copyright issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
So I didn't know where to post this, deduced this would be the best place :up:

I uploaded 5 videos recorded from a Madonna concert the other night, and then the next day found another user had somehow taken 4 of them and uploaded them to their own account. I've contacted youtube but I have no faith in them - I've contacted them in the past about things and they don't reply. What really, really angers me is that I ruined most of the concert for myself taking this videos and I actually recorded them myself...and they've gone and got about 45,000 people (on each video) thinking they own that video! But I don't know if I have any copyright (haha I still emailed youtube telling them I did) and I don't know if there's anything I can do to get rid of the other videos? Anyone know anything I can do? I've flagged the videos but to no avail. I find the whole situation deeply annoying.

I don't believe you have copyright over material that you didn't create.

Youtube eventually emailed me saying I did, and they removed the videos from the other persons account.

Nice :up:

I think that if you filmed it yourself, no matter wether it's a concert or w/e, it's yours and people can't just copy it and upload it on their own youtube.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom