Your opinion regarding medical marijauna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
As for me, I'm for the lagalization of medical marijauna because I've know too many people who've had cancer (and other diseases) die in pain.
I also believe medical marijauna would put the patient in a restored appettite and is in less pain when their time came.
Ok, that's my opinion, what do you all think about the legalization of medical marijauna.

I'd have to say I'm for it. If someone is in pain, and marijuana could ease it or take it away, then why not? :shrug:

Being someone who has an illness that involves chronic pain I'm all for legalizing it. I take heavy meds for pain that can become very addicting. It would be nice to have the option of getting marijauana legally as a way to help with the pain.

I doesn't bother me. In fact, I wouldn't care if they legalized marijanua, period. It's not any more harmful than your basic ciggs or beer. And the drug itself is not addictive like nicotine, right?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I doesn't bother me. In fact, I wouldn't care if they legalized marijanua, period. It's not any more harmful than your basic ciggs or beer. And the drug itself is not addictive like nicotine, right?

I agree, Liv. And they should decriminalize the possession of just a little bit--think of the room that would create in jails/prisons!

I have nothing at all against marijuana.. and if it can be used to relieve pain I say go for it. It's a plant that grows out of the ground. I dont even consider it a drug.

I don't have a problem with it. I can't get my mother to try it for the problems she has with chemo because of the stigma associated with it and she lives in a state where medical use is allowed.:|

bridgit said:
I don't have a problem with it. I can't get my mother to try it for the problems she has with chemo because of the stigma associated with it and she lives in a state where medical use is allowed.:|

I wish she would!! :hug:

Sicy said:
I have nothing at all against marijuana.. and if it can be used to relieve pain I say go for it. It's a plant that grows out of the ground. I dont even consider it a drug.

I agree. Even when people are 'high' it's no worse than being 'drunk' and booze is legal. I think it should be legalized for all uses, even recreational. It's stupid how many people get in trouble for it, it's just a weed. Every time I go to traffic court, half the people in there get jail time because they were caught with a little in their car, roach in their ashtray or something. Sometimes I wonder if the only reason it's kept illegal is all the money in fines it brings to localities, and the money it makes the lawyers defending people. Think how many jail cells could be freed up for REAL and DANGEROUS criminals if they'd stop prosecuting people for getting stoned. You know it wasn't even illegal until the late 1930's, and it was commonly used in the past by everyone from Native Americans (Peace Pipe) to the founding fathers! (Jefferson and Washington grew their own!)

Here in Alaska we tried passing a bill to legalize marijuana. It didn't pass.
I think they're trying to pass it again.
I think it should be legalized and regulated.
And I'm all for medical uses of it, totally.

Laurel Hill said:

I agree. Even when people are 'high' it's no worse than being 'drunk' and booze is legal. I think it should be legalized for all uses, even recreational. It's stupid how many people get in trouble for it, it's just a weed. Every time I go to traffic court, half the people in there get jail time because they were caught with a little in their car, roach in their ashtray or something.

I agree with you that when people smoke cannabis, most of the time they are no worse that someone who is drunk. However, I think that if someone is found with it in their car then they deserve to be in trouble for it - I am pretty sure it has an effect upon their reaction times and thus their ability to drive safely. Drink driving is illegal and dangerous, and driving whilst stoned should be treated in the same way.

Yes I agree stoned driving is just as bad as drunk driving but the penalty should be the same, not worse. It wasn't stoned driving I was talking about though, I just meant any kind of possession at all, like when they tell a guy to empty his pockets and he's got some residue in there. I'm talking about dudes who get their cars searched just because they look like the 'type' that gets high. He doesn't necessarily have to be driving stoned just because he has some in the car. Maybe they could do a test like they do for booze, or smell his breath.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom