Your Favorite U2 Ablum + Your LEAST Favorite U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I didn't realised so many people don't like HTDAAB.
Personally I think it's alright. Not my favourite but it ain't that bad!

Fav: Joshua Tree/ Achtung Baby
Least: War

HTDAAB - in my opinion, the lyrics sucked. They were amateur, didn't sound like they were written by someone with over 20 years experience in writing songs. Bono if you frequent this thread, take note of my advice! :D

fave: achtung baby/atyclb (i cannot decide)

least fave: rattle and hum. (easily their worst album, although october comes close).

Zootlesque said:

You cannot decide? I like ATYCLB but with Achtung, there is absolutely no competition!

i will agree that love is blindness is better than grace.

Babydoll said:
HTDAAB - in my opinion, the lyrics sucked. They were amateur, didn't sound like they were written by someone with over 20 years experience in writing songs. Bono if you frequent this thread, take note of my advice! :D

I :heart: you

Fave: War (Yeah I know it feels dated to some but it has a certain energy, and well it has " New Year's Day" on it, one of my all time fave U2 songs) :)

Least: Rattle and Hum

My favourite U2 album:
THE JOSHUA TREE
(20 years later it still stands the test of time - brilliant songwriting, brilliant poetry and the kind of stripped down musical production, that has become classical)

My least favourite album:
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
(Hard to chose, but the production of this album has been too commercial, too flat - while some tunes are fine (even brilliant, when played live) I can't stand the studio versions that much)

ZOOTVTOURist said:

My least favourite album:
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
(Hard to chose, but the production of this album has been too commercial, too flat - while some tunes are fine (even brilliant, when played live) I can't stand the studio versions that much)

Very true. :up: It's not a bad album, and it does have some great, underrated songs on it, but the commercial singles do little positive for me. :(

Niceman said:

(Ask me again and I might change my mind to JT, POP, or BOMB!) :)

So true. :yes: I'm constantly fighting whether JT or Zooropa is my favorite. I mostly pick Zooropa, but I'm constantly surprised by how original and consistently good JT is. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom