You have to admit, 'Drops of Jupiter' is a good song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont care much for it, though for a while i dug their newer tune.

there performance i found to be a bit lagging.

------------------
-deathbear

It's got some of the worst lyrics ever- deep fried chicken best friend always sticking up for you? Checks out Mozart while she does tae bo reminds me that there's room to grow? EEEEEEE Fingernails on a chalkboard!

I thought that was the best song I'd heard last year upon initial listening.....and then again after hearing the song for about 100 times. It has poetic lyrics, catchy hooks, sensitive vocals, cool piano, and REAL STRINGS(hint, hint), and that neato-keen-crazy-wild "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" similar to "Hey Jude." It's a great song.

However, after I heard it on Wal-Mart "Radio" about 10 times-per-day, I got sick of it.

Haha, You took 4 minutes to think about it some more then try to justify it again!!

Very funny!!
wink.gif

Bono's better than Shakespeare in that he can act, write, play guitar, sing, and make Jesse Helms weep. Bono's my favorite songwriter of all time.

That having been said.....I CAN'T "get over it".....I'm obsessed with DOJ....That does it, I'm going into therapy now!
wink.gif

The only reason U2 lost to train was because the votes they got were split between two songs. If only one U2 song had been nominated, U2 would have won!

its too bad that u2 had to have 2 songs competeing against eachother..
I dont think Train is all that great.. the guys voice annoys the hell outta me. And i dont like the lyrics at all. BLAH

I dig the song, but it's certainly been overplayed.

Lyrically it's no worse than "Elevation".

U2 was the victim of the ol' split vote twice in one night... this one, and in Album of the Year.
Frankly the best "lyric" with the words Drops of Jupiter in them came from Jon Stewart with his little "drops of jupiter are actuall quite dangerous" line.

Hmm... Walk On isn't good enough to win this category, but it is good enough to win Record of the Year, a much more prestigous category...

Gotta love the Grammys.

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode @ the Springfield Awards Banquet...
Homer: Ohh I never win any awards.
Lisa: You won a Grammy
Homer: I mean an award that means something.
(a disclaimer runs across the bottom of the screen...)
Disclaimer: Mr. Simpson's oppinions do not reflect those of the producers, who do not consider the Grammys to be an award at all.

That song sucks, no I mean it SUCKS. They played it twice an hour every hour of every day on the SUCK ass radio stations here in SUCK land. Everything about it SUCKS and it touches things and makes them suck I mean SUCK.

Hell Train knew it sucked when they were playing it, thats why their performance SUCKed so bad. They had the look on their face like they couldn't believe they were playing such crap lyrics in the same show that opened with that incredible walk on.

They should have named it 'Drops of PooP' and change the name of thier band to Lame.
wink.gif

Show what I know. I'd never heard the song before seeing it on the Grammys.

Oh, and I admit that it's a good song.
Like the sun is cold, 9/11 was a great day for the world, and women make sense.

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

Originally poster bu MSU2mike
I dig the song, but it's certainly been overplayed.

You cannot compare shit like Train to something golden like U2.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 02-28-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonator:
You cannot compare shit like Train to something golden like U2.

I just did.

And since I'm so crazy, I'll do it again.

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase:

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode @ the Springfield Awards Banquet...
Homer: Ohh I never win any awards.
Lisa: You won a Grammy
Homer: I mean an award that means something.
(a disclaimer runs across the bottom of the screen...)
Disclaimer: Mr. Simpson's oppinions do not reflect those of the producers, who do not consider the Grammys to be an award at all.

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
I just did.

And since I'm so crazy, I'll do it again.

You are so right...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

it doesn't matter whether that song is overplayed it just sucks
and it even is bad at sucking
the only thing worse then those whiny vocals and the clich? sound are those horrible lyrics
it's just so freakin bad it makes Britney Spears' "Hit me baby one more time" look decent

I vehemently detest that song

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
it doesn't matter whether that song is overplayed it just sucks
and it even is bad at sucking
the only thing worse then those whiny vocals and the clich? sound are those horrible lyrics
it's just so freakin bad it makes Britney Spears' "Hit me baby one more time" look decent

I vehemently detest that song

Back
Top Bottom