Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono Sunglasses Collection 2012 Pics

Hello Fellow Shade Lovers,

I just updated photos of my collection, you can check them out at: Shutterfly | View share

As always, thanks to everyone on this thread who I have traded with and purchased from. If you have any pairs for sale that I am missing, I am always interested.

Happy New Year! :wave:

Thank you all for the kind feedback! I love when we share pics of our collections. I've learned so much from all of you over the last year, it has been fun.

My wife is constantly asking me to get mine insured. I still wear most of them quite a bit. Lately I have been enjoying the purple Black Fly #5's. I don't think they ever go out of style.

dublin, sorry if i'm late on the story, but can you share just exactly how many autographed shades you have, and the story of how you got them? congrats!

Emporio Armani EA 9285/s 6LB2S 120 Pink

Hi all I'm selling my Emporio Armani EA 9285/s 6LB2S 120 Pink

Echothomas...:wave:

dublin, sorry if i'm late on the story, but can you share just exactly how many autographed shades you have, and the story of how you got them? congrats!

I have two, the pink Armani's and the Fly replicas. The Armani's were signed in Chicago during a PR tour for the NLOTH release. It was a private event with 200 people. I won two tickets from a local radio station. They also stopped in Boston and LA.

The Fly replicas were signed in New Jersey this summer. I won (bought) a charity auction for a meet and greet with the Edge. He was too cool and his assistant got Bono to sign them for me. Top notch organization! :wave:

I noticed the the Alain Mikli 3214 Orange shades have gone down drastically! Does anyone know why? They were selling for over $1000.00 like 2 months ago. Then around $500.00 a a month ago. Now they can't move at $400.00. This is very interesting because this particular pair was considered the prized piece in everyones collection. :hmm:

I noticed the the Alain Mikli 3214 Orange shades have gone down drastically! Does anyone know why? They were selling for over $1000.00 like 2 months ago. Then around $500.00 a a month ago. Now they can't move at $400.00. This is very interesting because this particular pair was considered the prized piece in everyones collection. :hmm:

shit a few weeks ago i would be all over that! Must be the economy blues..

I know! The seller listed it twice for a Buy It Now of $425.00 w/ free S&H and still NO takers. The economy blues, for sure!

I think it may be that there is a very small market for Bono shades (compared to most markets). At least the level of those who will pay several hundred dollars for a pair.

How many of us collectors are out there 20-50-100? All it takes is a couple of us who want/need the same pair and you create a bidding war. Then, when we all have the pair we want there is no more market. I'd love to pick up those Milki's for $475 but I already have a pair as do many of you. I think it was the same for RG's a couple of years ago, :hmm:now it seems they sit on eBay for a long time.

I think it may be that there is a very small market for Bono shades (compared to most markets). At least the level of those who will pay several hundred dollars for a pair.

How many of us collectors are out there 20-50-100? All it takes is a couple of us who want/need the same pair and you create a bidding war. Then, when we all have the pair we want there is no more market. I'd love to pick up those Milki's for $475 but I already have a pair as do many of you. I think it was the same for RG's a couple of years ago, :hmm:now it seems they sit on eBay for a long time.

I agree with you Doug. In the same time, we can all agree on the fact that the glasses that "sit" are quite "expensive"... I think we all know now the "right" price for a pair of glasses, considering if they are mint or not, with box and cloth or not, and if they pop up often or not on eBay... I think this last quote is also important to be kept in mind... :wave:

Hello to everyone,

I have some glasses to sell :
69798-albums324-picture2732.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2731.jpg

These do not have any red logo on them ! They are in great condition and come with box and cloth.

69798-albums324-picture2777.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2776.jpg

They are in great condition and come with box and cloth.

I also have a pair of Orange Mikli 226that are in good condition that I no longer wear...

If any interest, send me a PM or an email for those who have my address.

Have a nice week-end everyone.

PS : if you cannot see the pics, it's because you are not logged on these forum:wave:
PS 2 : Mikli 3214 in Brown and Gold still to come...:doh:

Hello to everyone,

I have some glasses to sell :
69798-albums324-picture2732.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2731.jpg

These do not have any red logo on them ! They are in great condition and come with box and cloth.

69798-albums324-picture2777.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2776.jpg

They are in great condition and come with box and cloth.

I also have a pair of Orange Gigli 226:doh: that are in good condition that I no longer wear...

If any interest, send me a PM or an email for those who have my address.

Have a nice week-end everyone.

PS : if you cannot see the pics, it's because you are not logged on these forum:wave:
PS 2 : Mikli 3214 in Brown and Gold still to come...:doh:

sorry everyone, I was willing to say "orange gigli 226" instead of "orange Mikli 226". All apologies. :wave:

I agree with you Doug. In the same time, we can all agree on the fact that the glasses that "sit" are quite "expensive"... I think we all know now the "right" price for a pair of glasses, considering if they are mint or not, with box and cloth or not, and if they pop up often or not on eBay... I think this last quote is also important to be kept in mind... :wave:

Very true my friend, very true. :up:

I just went to a Mikli dealer in CA and brought my Mikli orange 3214 to be adjusted. The first thing the girl said to me was, "Wow! I have never seen these before! These are vintage Mikli's, aren't they?" I told her it was and mentioned that those were the Bono frames from the 90's.

She, too, collects frames and told me that ANY Mikli vintage frames increase in value bc many are strictly limited and are so unique that they become collectibles :up:

I'm trading my orange 611s. They're in perfect condition, nothing wrong with them. Only looking for 519s in preferably the same condition. PM or vinithpa@gmail.com. Cheers :beer:.

I asked him the exact question and he said they have no holes. The guy needs a slap for trying to rip people off! They are probably the ones from 'fly shades.com that are £50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom