Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they only say MADE IN ITALY

The Italians certainly know how to design shades. :drool:
I can't imagine ever finding these fly glasses by active searching since there's no brand name. Sometimes when I've searched for Bono shades I get a lot of random big black shades which are designs he's never worn. :doh:

Those blue ones are beautiful and they both look in better shape than the fragile, damaged ones Bono wore. The happy bidder who gets these will be a lucky one.

Hi Friends, we know that Bono sometimes used custom made sunglasses and they are very beautiful :drool:
so after a very hard work I made my personal custom sunglasses :wink:
my creature was made with
Bvlgari 550 black arms and Bvlgari 608 Blue Lense ,
Maybe Bono like it ? :hmm:
Peoples !!! enjoy the pictures :
71273-albums284-picture2733.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2734.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2735.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2736.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2737.jpg

Hi Friends, we know that Bono sometimes used custom made sunglasses and they are very beautiful :drool:
so after a very hard work I made my personal custom sunglasses :wink:
my creature was made with
Bvlgari 550 black arms and Bvlgari 608 Blue Lense ,
Maybe Bono like it ? :hmm:
Peoples !!! enjoy the pictures :
71273-albums284-picture2733.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2734.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2735.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2736.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2737.jpg

Mmm, I absolutely love this model, next time I buy shades it'll be either Bvlgari 549 or D&G 2138. I'll take forever to make up my mind about the colours though, there's so many lovely colours to choose from.
The black arms against the blue shades looks very sharp. Are they easy o change?

Mmm, I absolutely love this model, next time I buy shades it'll be either Bvlgari 549 or D&G 2138. I'll take forever to make up my mind about the colours though, there's so many lovely colours to choose from.
The black arms against the blue shades looks very sharp. Are they easy o change?
are the same blue as the Bvlgari 519 and 611

Those 608 lenses aren't easy to find, I don't get any pictures up when I google. They fit nicely with the arms, I see that their shape is a bit different, especially the part over the nose. :hmm:

The Bvlgari 608 model is very rare and Yes they appear to be a middle way between 519 and 611

What has happen with Bono's suglasses lately? I mean i the 90's he wore some super cool shades, i.e. Cutler Gross 0276. But these days whats happened? Im sorry but they all look like womens shades, with all the pinks and purples, and these horrible wiry frames, I don't think even Bono suits these.

Hey guys if you wanna see how Bono's various shades (including the newer Bulgaris in a verrrry reminiscent of The Fly Look all black) look in various lighting conditions, watch From The Sky Down. Great movie, also. :up:

What has happen with Bono's suglasses lately? I mean i the 90's he wore some super cool shades, i.e. Cutler Gross 0276. But these days whats happened? Im sorry but they all look like womens shades, with all the pinks and purples, and these horrible wiry frames, I don't think even Bono suits these.

oh yes oh yes. the 2001's bvlgari 519(611 too) and the 9285 were the best ones. after that its over. the designers were not able to make better but different style from these ones. you can see bono try the 9592, but sometimes he's with old 9285(unusually behavior for bono).

oh yes oh yes. the 2001's bvlgari 519(611 too) and the 9285 were the best ones. after that its over. the designers were not able to make better but different style from these ones. you can see bono try the 9592, but sometimes he's with old 9285(unusually behavior for bono).

I agree, the 519/611 and 9285 have an awesome contemporary feel to them, are quite minimalist, and don't cross the border of being too flashy with most color options. It'd be nice if Bono brought these and the Cutlers out more often.

This brings me to my question for y'all... has anyone been able to pull off wearing the Mikli 3244 in public? I want to wear them so badly but they look and feel huge on my face. Curious.

I agree, the 519/611 and 9285 have an awesome contemporary feel to them, are quite minimalist, and don't cross the border of being too flashy with most color options. It'd be nice if Bono brought these and the Cutlers out more often.

This brings me to my question for y'all... has anyone been able to pull off wearing the Mikli 3244 in public? I want to wear them so badly but they look and feel huge on my face. Curious.

Do you mean Mikli 3214? I have a pair of 3244 and they are smaller than 3214 and look fine. I don't have a problem wearing them in public even thought they are orange :). I could trade you if you like, what colour do you have?

dont worry man, alan mikli are untoucheable! they are not shield and dont have futuristic arms. this overcome the fact they are transparent. you can use them even indoor, unless if youre the only one wearing glasses between your buddies. i actually dont use 9285 by 2 reasons: they are transparent and my head is too big(make the overall result weird:reject::doh::|)

The Shades Gods Smiled on Me Today!

So I'm driving to work, and while I am getting out of my car I notice a Bvlgari case on the passenger side floor mat. No biggie, I have these cases all over the place to carry different glasses around, sometimes I leave them in the car, a suitcase, whatever.

Wondering which pair they were I open them up and to my surprise they are my long lost dark blue Bvlgarii 611's!!! :hyper: They must have been stuck way back under the seat and broke free. They have been missing for years, I thought I had lost them for sure. I almost wept tears of joy!! :sad:

I just cleaned them up and they are good as new, hinges still tight, zero scratches or cracks. I hardly ever wore them. Of course I had replaced them a while ago so now I have two pair.

As some of you know I am working on completing my Bvlgari 611 collection. I still need the dark green and purple pair. If anyone is open to a trade please let me know. I am also open to 519's I don't have. I currently have Flash Grey, Rose, and Blue.

I'm not looking to sell the dark blue 611's outright (sorry). I'm going to hang on to them for a trade, even if it takes a long time.

In the mean time, I am enjoying being reunited with my old friends. They are one of the first pair I'd ever bought. I am so happy!! :applaud:

Jesus, I can almost imagine going back to the same hotel room I stayed in Philly 2005, reaching behind and under the TV and finding my flash grey 519s sitting there just as I left them.

Yeahhhhh, right. :angry:

Good job Dublin!

i've got a pair of RG 181 in purple that i'm not wearing anymore in favor of some 226 in brown!
if someone wants to trade or buy, i'm interested!

AB Uber Fly Shades

Hello Friends, my AB Uber Edition just came in and the first thing I did was look for the shades. I wanted to share them all with you. They come covered in a form fitting cloth which is kind of cool, they are shiny brown, good weight (very sturdy) and have "The Fly" logo on the right temple. They also have the "Viking 1973 Italy" on the inside left arm. Enjoy the pics, gotta get back to work so I can pay for this Uber Set!! :wave:

Attachments

• AB Uber Fly Shades 1.jpg
    AB Uber Fly Shades 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 68
  • AB Uber Fly Shades 2.jpg
    AB Uber Fly Shades 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 101
  • AB Uber Fly Shades 3.jpg
    AB Uber Fly Shades 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 66
  • AB Uber Fly Shades 4.jpg
    AB Uber Fly Shades 4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 61
Hello Friends, my AB Uber Edition just came in and the first thing I did was look for the shades. I wanted to share them all with you. They come covered in a form fitting cloth which is kind of cool, they are shiny brown, good weight (very sturdy) and have "The Fly" logo on the right temple. They also have the "Viking 1973 Italy" on the inside left arm. Enjoy the pics, gotta get back to work so I can pay for this Uber Set!! :wave:

You may want to host them elsewhere. Only premium members can see attachments. (Silly rule, I told admins years ago, Premium should be able to post, all should see. It was reverse of that when I complained)

You may want to host them elsewhere. Only premium members can see attachments. (Silly rule, I told admins years ago, Premium should be able to post, all should see. It was reverse of that when I complained)

You've got it my friend. Try this link and let me know if it works for you: Message

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom