Yes or No for Cincinnati or Indy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Does anybody know or can anybody find out if these rumored concerts are actually for real? I mean, there are a week of open dates in late September, and they will be in that area after milwaukee. The Indy show was rumored to be on 9/26. If anybody has any connections for this, please let me know. Also, if anybody is at any upcoming concerts and meets the band or Paul McG, please ask if they are done adding shows for the fall leg. I was at Chicago concert on Saturday night, and it was absolutely life changing. I'm already have tickets to see them again in Pittsburgh, but I NEED MORE!

There were strong rumors - but they never hashed out.

I would think as more time passes since thier last tour addition the less likely it is to come true.

But don't give up!

Does anyone know how late they added shows for the elevation tour?

I'm sure an online petition would work ('eh winnipeg?) :lmao:

Last edited:
HappyFatBono said:
There were strong rumors - but they never hashed out.

I would think as more time passes since thier last tour addition the less likely it is to come true.

But don't give up!

Does anyone know how late they added shows for the elevation tour?

I'm sure an online petition would work ('eh winnipeg?) :lmao:

They added a whole 3rd leg within two weeks of the start. Maybe longer, but can't remember for sure. It was fast though.

OffAxis said:

They added a whole 3rd leg within two weeks of the start. Maybe longer, but can't remember for sure. It was fast though.

If you're speaking about the third leg of shows for the Elevation Tour, you're in the ballpark of being correct. (The third leg was definitely scheduled on short notice.) However, that particular third leg, at least the announcement of it, was significantly impacted by the events of 9/11.

I just got in from the 4 Chicago shows, and I already have tickets for 6 more 3rd leg shows, but I'd gladly pay for another 2 shows, especially since those two would be the shortest drives for me.

That said, I'd be shocked if they added both. Some of the midwestern shows have been the slowest sellers (Detroit 2, St Louis, Chicago 6, and Cleveland), at least compared to the ultrafast sellouts of other U2 shows around the country. So it might be a mistake to add both Cincinnati and Indianapolis. They might have a tough time selling them out.

However, its entirely possible that they'd add a few more shows and put the tickets on sale in June or July. There's no rush to get things done now.

Well Cleveland I know sold out within an hour or so. Cause I slept in that day and forgot to get them until about an hour or so after the onsale, and it was sold out. I got screwed. I really think U2 should play Cincinnati. It is within a 2 hour driving distance of Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Lexington and Louisville. No show in Nashville TN will cause ppl from Northern TN and southern KY who would've went to Nashville to go up to Cincy. I really think Cincinnati would be a quick sellout, and satisfy a smaller but still important market.

Also, the fact that U2 hasn't played Cincinnati since 1981 at a little club called Bogart's would create a slight local sensation. If they're smart, they'll schedule a show at Cincy's US Bank Arena the day after Milwaukee. Cincy's GA ban has been lifted.

The third leg was announced on the morning of September 11th, 2001. The first show of that leg was less than a month later on October 10th, 2001. So, pretty short time. Then, like, ten dates were added a couple of weeks after that leg began.

SMB

I find it hilarious that a band as rich as u2 has to play a place where the only goal is to sell the show out. You've got your sellouts pretty literally everywhere and you've got the money in the bank, then go ahead and play Indy, Cincy (and KC, too) even if you dont sell out. Just let's see if you are really only driven by the almighty dollar rather than giving local fans a treat. I'm really curious about this.

Peace

Playing: Beat a Drum by REM

They really need to do more shows in the U.S. I'm sorry to all you pissed Europeans, but you all have a better chance at getting tickets than we do. They sell out our arenas so fast, and some of us don't have time to sit on a computer so that we can buy the tickets at exactly 10:00 or whatever. I desperately need them to add a show in Cincy or Indy or hell even more chicago shows if that be the case. I need to see U2.

Back
Top Bottom