Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys - she was a friend from work and had been fighting it for a few years.

What are you planning on getting, Charlotte? (I can't remember if you've told me before...?)

That four years means less the older you get. And unfortunately some people have these "rules"... they don't date older/younger people, or they don't date guys under 6' tall, etc.

And heck, four years doesn't mean much at that age anyway.

I'm 24, Travis is 21. Let me tell you, that age gap has mattered. Will it matter when I'm 30 and he's 27? Probably not. But right now, we're two incredibly different people. I'm ready for kids. He's only just now legally allowed to drink. We're on these different planes, and I'm so glad that we have so much else in common, you know?

Huh, that sucks a bit, if she's hit the brakes when she's found out how old you are.

I guess it comes down to individuals in the end... There might be 21 year old guys out there ready to start a family, who knows.
(I'm 33 and I don't think I'll ever be ready!)

Ashley struggling to enjoy Outkast as much as the typical well-adjusted human being has definitely been an obstacle. Good that you've cleared that one already.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Alison.

I've also been on Google Earth for the past half an hour and now I want to travel around looking at supervolcanoes. Need a cheap flight to NZ to check out L Taupo.

Thanks guys - she was a friend from work and had been fighting it for a few years.

What are you planning on getting, Charlotte? (I can't remember if you've told me before...?)

:hug: That's so shit. Why can't cancer just fuck off already.

My tattoo is going to be of my first cat, either on my upper arm or shoulder.

I'm 21. She's 25. How the fuck am I too young?! It's four years. Ugh.

Whaaat, that seriously means nothing. I'm 21 and Ax is 25 and it hasn't mattered a bit. I guess it varies between people though, like what Ashley was saying, but I still think it's unfair that she said no just on the basis of age.

Exactly. I didn't say NO to dating Travis because of age. I'm just pointing out the fact that the age gap at his point in your life can matter very much. Perhaps she's already had some kind of bad experience?

Maybe. Who knows. If we do get this casual, no-strings-attached, innocent coffee as I've suggested, she will see I'm not a dickhead, like so many other 21-year-olds she may know :wink:

HELP!

I can't decide

This one is a Beagle/Jack Russell

5N65G85E93G63Nf3Hac75a71b293621a01355.jpg

This one I'm not sure, but it looks like quite a few breeds (Sheltie, or Border collie)

5L55Ic5F33F93Jf3Nac75c858c8d7f19f1060.jpg

Or this one, which IS a border collie

Registered Sheltie Puppies | Hebron | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 16367243

Or this one which I can't copy the picture of, but would be the only dog to actually cost TONS of many, but come with registration. Which, I'm not sure what I would do with.

The thing is, I have a Beagle/Lab already. Beagles are my favorite dog. I also want a Jack Russell so so bad. Travis, on the other and, has always wanted a Shetland Sheepdog or a Border Collie. And I can't deny how beautiful every dog here is and I JUST CAN'T DECIDE or decide if I should just wait until this lady has a litter ready again. She and I contacted a bit last week, and she has AKC shelties for $450, which is a really good price, but I'd have to wait like 6 months from now to have a dog :(

I'd love another cat, but Bowie's a little territorial, and I don't know how that'd go. He's a big chicken, so he gets along fine with the dog, but the dog's bigger than him too.

There are people like that? Damn, being 5 foot 7 sucks.

Don't worry, there are just as many people who prefer shorter men! Being fairly short myself, I'd personally hate to have someone towering over me. But one of my friends has the opposite problem, being very tall, so she chooses extremely tall men.

My friend is SUPER tall (there's some pix of us on Facebook somewheres of her standing next to me and holding her hand on top of my head to point out how much taller than me she is) and she really just can't fathom the idea of dating a guy shorter than her. I haven't seen her since she got into her super-serious relationship she's now in, so I'm not positive how tall he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom