worst U2 song ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace, what on Earth possesed Bono to write those God awful lyrics.
Trying to throw your arms around the world, just doesn't seem to be much happening in it.

Grace, Stuck in a moment, If God will send his angels, The playboy mansion, Kite, Miami, Red Light, ...

I can't stand "Party Girl" in the studio. It is easily Bono's worst song vocally. Did he even know how to sing when they recorded this? It's painfully bad.

labell said:

Oh dear lord I love that song. One of my favs at the moment, especially the guitar solo.

Agreed. :happy:

One of my fav. early U2 songs as well - should not even be being discussed on this thread.

Peter said:
Grace, Stuck in a moment, If God will send his angels, The playboy mansion, Kite, Miami, Red Light, ...

If God Will send his angels is beautiful
Kite is my 4th favourite song ever.
The Playboy Mansion... I found a amazing song... I trully love it but I'm in minority :reject:

The other 4... I tottaly agree. Grace, Miami and Red Light are some of the worst and stuck in a moment is embarassing :huh:

MacPhistoPT said:

If God Will send his angels is beautiful
Kite is my 4th favourite song ever.
The Playboy Mansion... I found a amazing song... I trully love it but I'm in minority :reject:

The other 4... I tottaly agree. Grace, Miami and Red Light are some of the worst and stuck in a moment is embarassing :huh:

Stuck in a moment, while not being a great song, is at least a better song than SYCMIOYO.

Well, I don't know, I've never been a fan of Kite. My first impression, before I heard the story about Bono's father, was that the song sounded a bit like Bryan Adams or Bon Jovi... I can't help it, it's not my cup of tea.
Back in 2000 ATYCLB was a great record, also to me, but since I heard HTDAAB, it just isn't the same. No other record immediately gave me such a thrill as HTDAAB did. Imho truly one of their best, next to Achtung and JT. I'm so happy with that new record.

btw, MacPhistoPT, you're from Lisbon, I've been there a few months ago, and it was a really great great city.

Sorry for this off-topic post...

What?! Do mine ears decieve me? Someone said Streets? *starts twitching* And to whoever said Like A Song.:shame:

I can't believe more aren't naming The Refugee. I think I listened to that one like 3 times. The Whawhooooooahs are beyond irritating.:huh:

Peter said:
Well, I don't know, I've never been a fan of Kite. My first impression, before I heard the story about Bono's father, was that the song sounded a bit like Bryan Adams or Bon Jovi... I can't help it, it's not my cup of tea.
Back in 2000 ATYCLB was a great record, also to me, but since I heard HTDAAB, it just isn't the same. No other record immediately gave me such a thrill as HTDAAB did. Imho truly one of their best, next to Achtung and JT. I'm so happy with that new record.

Well since you explained yourself I guess it's alright. :wink:

I must be crazy or something, 'cause U2 has never made a song I truly hate. In fact, I don't think they've even made a song I DISLIKE - some I'm kinda lukewarm on but overall I like every U2 song that I've heard (I haven't heard some of the ones you're listing, like Jesus Christ...but isn't that a cover anyway??)

I don't get all the hate toward Miami. What a brilliant song. And for the longest time I was basing this solely on the album version, but I recently heard the live version and it's INCREDIBLE. One of U2's most rocking live.

Some of you people are crazy...Lemon and Discotheque as two of U2's worst songs?! Christ on a crackerjack, I'd marry those songs if it were legal! Discotheque is in my top 5! I wouldn't be LISTENING to U2 if it weren't for Discotheque. And Lemon is amazing, unlike anything U2 has ever done.

Stuck in a Moment, In a Little While, If God Will Send His Angels, Street Mission, Kite, The Playboy Mansion...all brilliant songs. The Refugee rules and Red Light isn't THAT bad...

I'm gonna go with Love Rescue Me and Grace, to me they're just boring. Though if I'm in the right mood I can enjoy them.

Atmoic Bono i like your veiws. I love The Refugee, it's beautiful, And Miami its awesome. DISCOTEHQUE is why some of my friends listen to u2. lemon has a beauty i just realized the other day.

Hmmm, I like most of what U2 has done, but 'If You Wear That Velvet Dress' gets automatically skipped, I never really liked 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses' and 'Salome' isn't really my cup of tea.

Um, 'Grace', 'When Love Comes To Town', 'The Sweetest Thing', 'In A Little While' (love the Hanson version :) :) :)) and, oh, I hate to say this 'Yahweh' also tend to get skipped. I don't listen to the older stuff (pre 'Rattle') very often, so I wont comment there.

AtomicBono said:

I'm gonna go with Love Rescue Me and Grace, to me they're just boring. Though if I'm in the right mood I can enjoy them.

Lovetown Love Rescue Me is amazing - with B.B. King picking up a verse. Much better than the album version which gets bashed a lot. Grace is boring but works well if the whole album is listened to in one go - dont just skip to Grace.

Peter said:
btw, MacPhistoPT, you're from Lisbon, I've been there a few months ago, and it was a really great great city.

Sorry for this off-topic post...

:up: :up: Portugal sometimes looks like 3rd world (not so much nowadays) but has many, many beautiful places, from nouth to south, west to east. I can't get enough of it :wink:

AtomicBono said:
Some of you people are crazy...Lemon and Discotheque as two of U2's worst songs?! Christ on a crackerjack, I'd marry those songs if it were legal! Discotheque is in my top 5! I wouldn't be LISTENING to U2 if it weren't for Discotheque. And Lemon is amazing, unlike anything U2 has ever done.

If for Lemon I can understand (that annoying falsetto), for Discothèque is hard to believe. Far, far, but much far from being a bad U2 song
:mad: :rockon: :dance:

zoopop said:
Peace On Earth
The Refugee, simply terrible

The rest is all ok to me :wink:

What?! Refugee is terrible? Ha! You know, it's hard for me to understand, how can you say that a song with such a great lyrics can be terrible... Maybe you just don't understand it... But this can't be the reason for your unfounded words. :shame:

Last edited:
WalkOnTheEdge said:
Not the worst, but New York is horrible in my opinion.

Yeah, not so much a fan of New York. Also not a big fan of Grace.

Last edited:
Yahweh. The synthesizers :huh: and "always pain before the child is born" :huh: :huh: It's just so... blah. I can't find it in me to really dislike anything from the 80s or even the 90s, but AMAAW and Yahweh... ruin HTDAAB for me.

Back
Top Bottom